Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Actually it would be great to see big sportspeople coming out. Role models are needed. And I’m sure in many countries, the public is very accepting of gay athletes. But that’s not the case worldwide. The 2018 World Cup was in Russia, a country that is particularly homophobic. And it wasn’t especially friendly event.

Next World Cup is going to be in Qatar, country where homosexuality is illegal.

Reactions: 1

Sandydan

I follow both cristiano and his partner giorgina on insta. I actually really like them ... but what i cant work out is .... is she the mother of all the babies?!
The twins were born via surrogate a few months before gio gave birth to her own daughter.
She seems to call all of his kids hers.
They seem great it just intruiges me!

over_lyd

I know this is a different sport but when Gareth Thomas - Rugby Union came out as. Yes, it was certainly a surprise. But everybody was ok, good for you. Nobody’s baited and eyelid since. The rumours about Ronaldo have been around for years, even before has son was born. It would be good if someone like him did, for the sport. The rumours have been around for years so I doubt it would be a surprise if he did

Coconutshy

I think he is secretly gay and the relationship is all for show plus he gets another kid out of it too. It seems strange to have three kids with surrogates? Maybe he was just desperate to be a father but comes off a bit iffy to me. But if he is actually gay, why does he not just come out. There isn't that social stigma that there used to be and I don't see why people wouldn't be accepting of him? Maybe he has a homophobic relative or something. Idk just throwing out my thoughts.

Sandydan

Hmmm now you have made me think haha
I think all the babies call gio mum - but surely she cannot have legal rights to the twins so i wonder what would happen if they split.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I know this is a different sport but when Gareth Thomas - Rugby Union came out as. Yes, it was certainly a surprise. But everybody was ok, good for you. Nobody’s baited and eyelid since. The rumours about Ronaldo have been around for years, even before has son was born. It would be good if someone like him did, for the sport. The rumours have been around for years so I doubt it would be a surprise if he did
I’m not sure if it’s the fans or the Football Association or both that leave players feeling like they can’t come out. It’s heartbreaking to think that in the 21st century, players are living a lie because it’s unacceptable to be gay in the workplace.

I worry that it will only be a matter of time before someone is forced out - like Gareth Thomas being made to admit he is HIV+ before The Scum printed it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ronaldo came out but if he is, I hope it’s on his terms and his terms only