Crazy Rich Agents (BBC) and all the other "premium property" shows

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a plethora of these shows about selling premium real estate, e.g. Channel 5 have the Million Pound Homes.

This new (I think?) BBC one called Crazy Rich Agents has to be one of the most bullshitty ones ever though?

The premise is something about a bunch of newbie estate agents compete to win a secondment to a flash real estate company in New York (and other US cities).

But the people on it seem to have absolutely zero charisma or people skills, and zero knowledge of high end property or how to sell it. They're not even laughable wide boys or spivs that usually make stereotypical estate agents. They're just numpties off instagram who think they're going to get huge commissions just handed to them ever month.

The episode last night where the two blokes were taken to New York and put in a Central Park skyscraper penthouse with two New York agents was total cringe. How did they not spend five minutes researching the building (it has its own wikipedia page FFS), the architect, the local amenities on the same street. Instead it appeared that Captain No Charisma went to a strip club instead? The women wannabe agents are all equally vapid.

Even if the people were any good, I don't get why they think London real estate skills would transfer to the US property market at all, and vice versa after the secondment.

The properties are a mixture of nice and over the top nonsense though. I suspect most properties at this level are simply never lived in, probably none of the kitchen fittings actually work, they're just objects to bury a load of cash into for a year or two and then flip for more cash.

Found the crazy rich agents one ridiculous. I don't think any of them sold a thing throughout the show. Also the NYC trip was laughable - do they just put these newbies straight out on the street or actually give them some sort of training?