Covid Vaccine for Children aged 5-11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine won’t be having it. I have never felt so rotten since having the vaccines and I deffo feel there are worse side effects from the vaccine, the menstrual problems somebody mentioned for one just imply we don’t know the long term effects on the reproductive system. The increased risk of cardiomyopathy also isn’t worth having the vaccine over having covid.

I wouldn't have it as well of I was pregnant, doctors receptionists are the worst.
My 2 year old wasn't ill at all, he's worse with a cold and my daughter was not herself for 2 days, bit very ill. My daughter has been really ill over the holidays with a throat infection, the Dr was going to admit her to hospital, covid was nothing compared to that. I felt quite ill with it, we caught it because the school and an outbreak. I've not known any children get very ill with it at all, it went through her class and they were all ok after a couple of days.
I think I was trying to convince myself to let her have it, but I'm going to wait until more research comes out.

Exactly that, I don't think I understood that until I got it after being double jabbed. I believe that you get the vaccine to protect yourself, not others.
I get it because of underlying health issues .I’m completely aware I can still catch and die from it the vaccine is not full proof it also doesn’t offer sterilising immunity so for me to vaccinate my healthy child doesn’t make sense at this time as healthy children are at little risk from severe disease , it’s not even recommended for under 12’s which I’m assuming is why the government aren’t pushing for it but leaving it up to the discretion of parents

Reactions: 1
I get it because of underlying health issues .I’m completely aware I can still catch and die from it the vaccine is not full proof it also doesn’t offer sterilising immunity so for me to vaccinate my healthy child doesn’t make sense at this time as healthy children are at little risk from severe disease , it’s not even recommended for under 12’s which I’m assuming is why the government aren’t pushing for it but leaving it up to the discretion of parents
I thought it wasn't recommended for under 12's, but I couldn't find anything on the who website. I don't think it should be offered to children with no underlying issues. I've decided not to let her have it. I won't say she's never going to have it for the time being it's a no.

I thought it wasn't recommended for under 12's, but I couldn't find anything on the who website. I don't think it should be offered to children with no underlying issues. I've decided not to let her have it. I won't say she's never going to have it for the time being it's a no.
I think for children with underlying issues it's more justified but for a healthy child with minimal risk it's a different matter ,they're not even sure if it cut's the risk of long covid as studies are limited .We just have to weigh up the risk /benefits ourselves and decide what's best for our children whatever that may be.

Yeah, the vaccine is only supposed to lesson how bad it can be for you not stop you catching it an passing it on, I think the problem with the vaccine is its been mutating faster than they can really keep up with it so vaccines are probably a bit outdated, the flu vaccine has to be changed yearly because of this, until its calmed down an then they can have more time to focus on the variant thats out then its going be a bit all over the place
Vaccines make it less likely you will catch the virus, and therefore that stops it spreading.

Vaccines make it less likely you will catch the virus, and therefore that stops it spreading.
I don't think there's any proof really that they will make it less likely for you to catch it, they are designed to fool the body into believing you have the actual virus/bacteria so they start to produce the antibodies, then when they have produced them an you have gotten over it they keep a memory of those antibodies in the system so if you encounter the real thing the antibodies are all ready there an will fight, generally it takes around a week for the body to do it naturally, vaccines just speed up that process

My 9 year old received his letter last week, he won't be having it.
For me there isn't enough evidence based research on what it can do to a child's development into adolescence. I'm not anti vax and he's had all of his vaccinations TB etc etc. But for me this one the benefits don't outweigh the risks. He can still catch and transmit and as a cardiology nurse I've seen first hand how quickly cardiomyopathy can take hold in children I don't want to take that risk.

Reactions: 5
I got a letter for my 9 year old a few weeks ago and it went straight in the bin. I had my first 2 jabs and felt awful after them both.

4/5 in my household had covid last month, 9 year old didn’t catch it.

I got this letter yesterday, I was surprised I thought they weren’t going to push for kids to get it given the lack of evidence on the benefits.

My Daughter has had covid twice, both times you wouldn’t know she was sick I’m sure she will get it again, and I’m fine with that. May change my mind as she gets older but for now don’t see the need.

Reactions: 2
My 10 and 6yo won't be having it. Touch wood they've never had Covid, but so many of thier friends have and have all recovered well and been no more poorly than a winter cold. I don't see the benefit to them having it, they're healthy and everyone in our family has been jabbed.

My menstrual cycle is still not right a year on thats with no booster my children wont be having it

My child has had both vaccines due to me having a cancer that affects my immune system. She was absolutely fine after both jags and is the only child in her class not to have had covid yet. Not sure if that's a coincidence or what.

Reactions: 2