Covid symptoms?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My little one fell ill on Friday, cough, runny nose, no temp, and is running around like normal but now we’ve all got it, he’s due in nursery tomorrow, do I send him or not? I don’t really want to have to put him through a covid test as I’m sure it’s just a cold because of the runny nose but unsure what to do?

My daughter has the same and was turned away from nursery today and we’ve been advised to isolate.

Yeah I work in a school and kids have been sent home for less... defo need a test really or self isolate for 14 days :)

As soon as the nursery hear them coughing they will be sent home anyway xx

If he has symptoms that could be covid you can't send him. You don't have to test him but technically if you are all symptomatic or even if just he is then your household should be self isolating. In this situation my work wouldn't let me back I less my child was tested negative or we isolated for 14 days

Hope it's ok to post this here..

I have a tight chest as of this evening, aches and fatigue. I know they are not classic symptoms but I've heard of people being diagnosed with covid despite having no classic symptoms e.g. cough, high temperature, loss of/change to sense of smell or taste. Think I am paranoid for this reason and also due to seeing more people over the last few days due to Christmas so greater risk of exposure - even with that, I still adhered to the rules.

Do you think I should get tested or see how I go, might be paranoid?

Reactions: 1

I have a tight chest as of this evening, aches and fatigue. I know they are not classic symptoms but I've heard of people being diagnosed with covid despite having no classic symptoms e.g. cough, high temperature, loss of/change to sense of smell or taste. Think I am paranoid for this reason and also due to seeing more people over the last few days due to Christmas so greater risk of exposure - even with that, I still adhered to the rules.

Ring the covid number and ask for advice?

Get tested definitely, hope you are ok

The ZOE study app will usually recommend you get a test if you state you have symptoms like that. It has done for me a few times. I’ve tested negative every single time, for what it’s worth!
Id say get a test for your own peace of mind. And feel better soon, regardless of what has made you unwell!

• Heart
I thought if you have cold symptoms (ie mucus, runny nose) then you shouldn't test, as these are not Covid symptoms. Did hear that months ago now so advice may have changed.

Has anyone who is overweight had covid?

I started feeling unwell yesterday, achey body and going from hot to cold and generally feeling crap. I have booked a test, but I’m driving myself crazy reading the statistics associated with being overweight and having covid.

I don’t have any health problems relating to my weight, just very overweight and unfit.