Covid/school/positive result

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all can you help pls. Asking for my niece as she doesn't know where to ask.

My niece has 3 kids. One is poorly and tested positive for covid. Her other 2 kids and her and partner are all negative and not poorly. Her positive child is isolating in her bedroom.

The question is.... Can the other 2 go to school on Monday?
My niece and her partner are double vaccinated so they don't have to isolate but we can't work out about the kids?

Thanks guys x

Yes they can. However may be a good thing to keep using the LFT tests on the children regularly before sending them in.

Reactions: 1
My daughter's friend returned last week. Both her Father and brother have Covid. She tested negative on a PCR test and several LFs. Mother managed to contact the school first to double check.

The school should have sent out updated Covid rules. If they have a negative pcr test they would be allowed to attend my daughters school.

Reactions: 1
The guidance in NI is they can return to school after negative PCR on day 2. Personally I don't agree with this guidance. If someone my household tests positive none of my children will be going to school to potentially transmit the virus.

Have we actually had updated guidance? I’ve wondered this myself. Our school have always been great at keeping us updated but I don’t know what the rules are surrounding this this year?