Covid - Did anyone break out in hives (or, raised bumps which are grouped together ... three here, four there, etc.)?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone break out in hives (or, raised bumps which are grouped together ... three here, four there, etc.)?

I have Googled and it doesn't seem to be a reported symptom, but would just like to check!

(I also have the tiredness, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc.).

My husband had a terrible rash all over his chest and back when he caught Covid. He was told to take antihistamine and that it could take a few weeks to disappear. It did clear up quickly once he was taking the antihistamine.

Reactions: 1
I had covid months ago, and then my partner got it late last year. I didn’t seem to test positive but I came out in a rash, called Pityriasis rosea, just out of the blue! It covered my torso. I had to take steroid cream.

Just thought I’d post to see if anyone else came out in this or if it the same as what you’ve got? It was bizarre, I’ve never had anything like it before!!

Reactions: 1
Thank you so much for your comments.

I spoke to a doctor via video call tonight, who suggested they could be bed bugs, flea or mozzie bites (they don't seem to be any of those things according to my Google research tonight). But he thought the additional symptoms are justification for getting a Covid test done tomorrow, just to be sure.

I did take a non-drowsy antihistamine tablet earlier today which provided no relief whatsoever, plus I applied a topical antihistamine cream. They go from being sore to itchy to sore again - and feel very hot to the touch.

I found a site where the bumps looked really similar to someone who had an adverse reaction to the jab ... I had mine over three months ago though, so surely it can't be that? (Unless it's a very delayed reaction).

We all got Covid at once (12 of us, 7 kids, we were all visiting my mum) and nobody but my youngest (5 year olds, 1 of 3 in the household at the time) came out with a horrible rash, I say rash but it wasn't itchy, bumps all over like chicken pox but no head to them just pink bumps all over. They cleared up after a week.

It was so weird all 12 of us had different symptoms, the only common one was a high temp.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Hi there.

look into angiodema and urticaria. That’s what I have. It can be down to allergies or just autoimmune.

Could also be shingles. I had it aged 27. Have you had chicken pox in the past?