Covid commiseration

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m double-jabbed (February and May) and tested positive for covid yesterday. I did a PCR to placate my child’s nursery because my sister had also tested positive and we’d had contact and our kids attend the same setting. Our nursery ask you to keep kids at home if anyone in the household tests positive. ANYWAY.

I started off thinking I just had a very heavy cold, but over the past day or so I’ve had severe diarrhoea and I’m short of breath when not moving. Is this “normal”? My cousin died of Covid earlier in the pandemic and I’m so paranoid. I didn’t expect to feel this ill being double jabbed. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have had covid after being double jabbed and it felt like a heavy cold for me and I started to improve after around 4 days. A friend of mine had sickness and diarrhoea with covid so could be that.

Reactions: 1
I’m double jabbed. (January and April) tested positive for covid end of August.

I started off with a headache and blocked nose. Then my headache became unbearable. Dry cough, breathlessness, loss of sense of smell and genuinely just felt crap. Had no energy at all.

Just over a month later my sense of smell isn’t 100% back, I’ve got awful fatigue and get brain fog. …no underlying health conditions and I’m only 27.

Your situation seems very normal. It’s easier said than done but don’t try to panic. Rest as much as you can, take lots of water and vitamins.

I think it’s becoming more apparent now that the vaccine definitely does lose its effectiveness over time.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is there anyone who lost their sense of taste and smell but got it back after a few days? I have covid and losing these two senses has genuinely scared me

Is there anyone who lost their sense of taste and smell but got it back after a few days? I have covid and losing these two senses has genuinely scared me
I’m double jabbed and I got a headache and aches and pains on Wednesday, came back positive. Felt the same on the Thursday and I was happy to think that’s all it was for me. Then I woke up on friday absolutely fine but with no taste or smell. I can taste and smell a bit now, only been 4 days which isn’t too bad.

Not sure if this has helped or has been a placebo, but I’ve been sniffing everything I can with a strong scent, especially vicks which I can smell, albeit weakly now. I’ve also been eating a lot of spice, them weird toxic waste sour sweets and even putting some salt in my mouth, everything I do eat I chew slowly and really imagine the taste. Because taste and smell are memories I told myself doing the above would be useful in recovery, because losing them two senses really freaked me out too. My brother had the exact same symptoms as I did but ate blandly because he couldn’t taste anyway and he said his took a lot longer to come back

Thanks. I will have to try eating flavours again. I've only lost the senses for about 3 days and I'm really struggling to come to terms with it 😒 I've eaten bland tasteless food today because I just don't see the point in adding any flavour to things right now. But perhaps I need to try again and keep hoping that it'll come back to me. It's weird because I can "taste" the sensation on my tongue (I.e a salty crisp or the sweetness of an apple) but there's just no flavour at all.

Thanks. I will have to try eating flavours again. I've only lost the senses for about 3 days and I'm really struggling to come to terms with it 😒 I've eaten bland tasteless food today because I just don't see the point in adding any flavour to things right now. But perhaps I need to try again and keep hoping that it'll come back to me. It's weird because I can "taste" the sensation on my tongue (I.e a salty crisp or the sweetness of an apple) but there's just no flavour at all.
Yeah it’s really weird, I didn’t like it at all.
Someone on here recommended NeilMed Sinus Rinse (can get it on Amazon) and it worked for me. I got mine back within a week after doing the rinse once or twice a day.

• Heart
I completely lost my sense of smell and taste in December 2020 when I tested positive for Covid-19. After many weeks it partially came back, but not as normal. Certain things have a taste but I cannot describe what it tastes like as it is not familiar and other things I have gone off completely. The same for smell. I know for some it can take many months to go back to normal. I continue to eat the same as I did before I got the virus with the hope that it’ll come back properly.

Hope you get well very soon.

• Heart