COVID and step children

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m 28 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old. The only places we go is work, my son goes to my mums as she is our childcare and only goto a supermarket if my partners working. Other than that we don’t really go anywhere, I’m too scared to even take the poor kid to soft play!

My partner has a son who is 11 and lives with his mother. They are in a high tier where they live and us in a medium.

I don’t know exactly where son and his mum are going but i know they’re not sticking to the rules. Tomorrow he wants to attend an Halloween party at his nans with his cousins but I’ve told my partner they shouldn’t be mixing households, I don’t know where his cousins have been so don’t want him to attend and then come back here again on Thursday.

Am I being unfair or would anyone else agree with me. I’m petrified of me and my 2 year old catching anything. Other half is one of those dicks that isn’t taking things seriously this time round..

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So I’m 28 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old. The only places we go is work, my son goes to my mums as she is our childcare and only goto a supermarket if my partners working. Other than that we don’t really go anywhere, I’m too scared to even take the poor kid to soft play!

My partner has a son who is 11 and lives with his mother. They are in a high tier where they live and us in a medium.

I don’t know exactly where son and his mum are going but i know they’re not sticking to the rules. Tomorrow he wants to attend an Halloween party at his nans with his cousins but I’ve told my partner they shouldn’t be mixing households, I don’t know where his cousins have been so don’t want him to attend and then come back here again on Thursday.

Am I being unfair or would anyone else agree with me. I’m petrified of me and my 2 year old catching anything. Other half is one of those dicks that isn’t taking things seriously this time round..
Totally agree with you

Reactions: 2
I’m a step parent and whilst I might not agree with my step sons mums life choices, they’re not his choices and so I would never stop him coming over. I do feel very strongly about this but I can tell you feel strongly too, so I guess we’ve just got to do what’s right for our individual families including our step children. For context my step son is 14 and my son is 8. I’ve been with my husband for 12.5 years so I’ve been in around for most of steppies life

Reactions: 2
It’s a tricky one, but ultimately there are always going to be situations that you don’t agree with. Same could go vice versa.

As per above poster, I’ve been in my stepchildrens lives since they were babies and although both sides of the families are amicable, there are still moments where we have to bite our tongue.

We’re currently all shielding at our house as I have symptoms. I feel guilty as hell because it means they potentially might not see their mum for a couple of weeks, we’re all stuck in and missing out on half term etc. But it’s just one of those things. People could catch this anywhere.

I don’t think you should stop him coming round but can you maybe try and limit contact while he’s with you? If you’re in a medium tier and have more leeway, can you go out for a couple of days to reduce the amount of time being spent with your stepson? Without making it a big deal.

Reactions: 1