Costa express

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else been irrationally annoyed today seeing in real life/online people queuing to get like six costa express drinks just because they are free?

It's just so greedy and excessive, it winds me up 😂

Reactions: 6
Anyone else been irrationally annoyed today seeing in real life/online people queuing to get like six costa express drinks just because they are free?

It's just so greedy and excessive, it winds me up 😂
Most of them in single use cups when only last week were all bleeting on about the environment 🙄

Reactions: 3
I was only looking for one freebie - but my local supermarket is part of a franchise which wasn’t taking part in the promotion, the miserable gits.

Reactions: 1
I think it's fine one per person but the stuff I've seen and heard about today is ridiculous. Can't explain why it annoys me so much as it doesn't really affect me, but yeah 😂

I went to my local Co-Op this morning for breakfast and couldn't understand why people were queuing to go in. There was this one long line just for the Costa Express machine - I never have seen anything like it before in my life.

Reactions: 2
I was tempted to download the app myself to get one. Then rememberd something i had read about how its rare those machines are cleaned properly.

• Sick
I got a large hot chocolate because there was no queue when I went in the shop, it was awful! Didn’t really taste of anything and the cup was only half full. I’m glad I didn’t pay for it 😂

• Haha
Is Costa express new in the UK? If so how surprising. We don't have Costa cafes over here in Canada but have Costa express at gas stations.

It was supposed to be one drink per person. How were people getting multiple drinks each?

I don’t like costa so don’t drink it. We have a smaller chain here called coffee #1 and the coffee is much nicer. Although it’s just been taken over by pret or Nero so it might change.

It amazed me the amount of school kids getting them from my co-op today... since when did 12 year olds drink coffee or am I missing something?

I was tempted to download the app myself to get one. Then rememberd something i had read about how its rare those machines are cleaned properly.
Not true, they go through a clean cycle every day. If you don’t do it the machine will not work and will flash up on the screen clean cycle needed

Quite liked it. Stopped at our local petrol station and grabbed a large Mocha...no queue and no charge. Popped back with the kids after the school run and got them all a hot choc!

It was “international coffee day”

In the terms and conditions - excludes Northern Ireland! We’re like bloody lepers over here!

• Haha
Some of the children at school today talking about how many free hot chocolates they got yesterday.
Don’t think costa thought it through as I thought you had to have the app to get the drink free and limited to one per customer.

Mind you some people are greedy and will find a way round it. Family trip to the local garage anyone?

Who give a crap!? They’re a multi million pound company and obviously know they haven’t policed it very well. Just a great marketing strategy for them with everyone posting on social media with there free costa coffees. Think they will of made more money out of it than not. Take what you can folks!

Shocks me 1) defeats the purpose of the promotion, the Costa marketeers will not be fooled twice 2) it's still an automatic machine dispensing a powder solution, stop hustling over fake coffee...

Costa is owned by Coca-Cola these days, I’m sure they can more than afford people taking advantage of getting more than one, but the free advertising they’ve had from all the social media activity, all the radio stations talking about it etc. That is something they couldn’t have bought without spending tens of millions.