Cosmetic braces & eating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had upper & lower cosmetic braces fitted - C-fast high speed braces that move only your front teeth in about 4-6 months. They’re quite discreet with tooth coloured brackets.

I’ve had them for a week now but struggling with what I can eat as I’m paranoid about breaking them! I already know to avoid hard/crunchy foods but I feel as if I can’t even bite into a sandwich/burger and I ate my toast with a knife and fork 😂

Anyone been through the same? What did you eat/what do you avoid?

I had traintrack braces a few years ago and ate pretty much everything. You'll still be getting used to them after a week but I'd think you'll be OK to eat toast normally without damaging them. 😂

Avoid raw or crunchy fruits and veg like carrots, don't chew ice, avoid toffees or very sticky foods and you should be grand. 😊

Oooh if you have any clear elastics or brackets don’t have anything that could discolour them!! E.g curry, I learned the hard way and it was a long wait til my next appointment to get them changed... I had upper and lower train tracks for 8 months, you will get used to them and find ways of eating around them, but I did miss out on Mini Eggs, and whole apples. Enjoy your lovely teeth when they finally come off! 🙂

Reactions: 2
It’s normal to worry at the beginning but when you get used to it you should be able to eat pretty much everything!
I’ve had upper cosmetic braces (and regular lower braces as I was on a budget haha) for 2 years and I ate everything - burgers, nuts, apples (I did cut them in smaller pieces), you name it. I had no issues. I was more concerned about a piece of food being stuck in my braces when I was eating out, not a big problem these days unfortunately :(
Good point was made above about discoloration. Apart from curry I recommend avoiding red wine, cola, black coffee and black tea

Good luck!

I had braces for nearly 3 years, I ate everything including gum in the end. They will always feel a bit tender after any treatment but they settle. Yeah I found the staining on the bands annoying and went black in the end.

Can I ask did any of you get your teeth whitened straight away after taking them off? And was the removal process painful?

Can I ask did any of you get your teeth whitened straight away after taking them off? And was the removal process painful?
I was given an at home whitening kit and trays after I got mine off :giggle: I didn’t actually use it for the full course as I found my teeth got too sensitive! I think getting them off was uncomfortable but not painful, not as bad as getting them tightened! It was just a lot of pressure and it did feel a bit like they were crunching my teeth off with pliers (not pain-wise but the sensation) o_O

Reactions: 1
I got whitening included with the price of my braces, I think I had one syringe left I never got round to using. I don’t remember it making an enormous difference tbh.
Also I can’t even remember having them removed, no pain sticks out in my mind at all, so I wouldn’t worry! Also, and I cannot stress this enough, Wear. Your. Retainer!! I was lax with mine and two of my bottom teeth have shifted now and I won’t get them back straight without further cosmetic treatment that I can’t afford!

I got whitening included with the price of my braces, I think I had one syringe left I never got round to using. I don’t remember it making an enormous difference tbh.
Also I can’t even remember having them removed, no pain sticks out in my mind at all, so I wouldn’t worry! Also, and I cannot stress this enough, Wear. Your. Retainer!! I was lax with mine and two of my bottom teeth have shifted now and I won’t get them back straight without further cosmetic treatment that I can’t afford!
I will be getting fixed retainer top and bottom☺

I’ve had upper & lower cosmetic braces fitted - C-fast high speed braces that move only your front teeth in about 4-6 months. They’re quite discreet with tooth coloured brackets.

I’ve had them for a week now but struggling with what I can eat as I’m paranoid about breaking them! I already know to avoid hard/crunchy foods but I feel as if I can’t even bite into a sandwich/burger and I ate my toast with a knife and fork 😂

Anyone been through the same? What did you eat/what do you avoid?
How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? How did you find having them fitted? I only need my top front 4 to 6 teeth straightened and had the opportunity when I was a teenager but I was too scared and have regretted it ever since!

I’m getting Invisalign next week and dreading that part especially taking them out for drinking because I drink so much tea and coffee🙈☕ Wanted braces for years though so I can’t wait!