Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #85

Questions

• Feeling - Happy & positive

Votes: 145 33.8%
  • Feeling - We still have a long way to go/no real change in mood.

Votes: 257 59.9%
  • Vaccine passports for domestic use (pubs/venues) Yes

Votes: 119 27.7%
  • Vaccine passports for domestic use (pubs/venues) No

Votes: 198 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but not everyone is wanting to feel that way.
personally I think thatā€™s a bit unfair, people are almost shamed for not being excited to go to the bleeping pub.

there are a lot of people who couldnā€™t give a rats ass if they never see a pub again because theyā€™re doing everything in their power to not walk in front of a train or swallow a bunch of pills.
Itā€™s not a case of ā€œif youā€™re not happy youā€™re a Debbie downerā€
You canā€™t force happiness on people because youā€™ve heard that some might get to go to Costa Del Chavs in august.

it worries me that people feel like they need to force happiness for appearance sake or thereā€™s something wrong with them.

feel how the duck you want. If youā€™re not phased by bojoā€™s motorway and you donā€™t feel positive.
Thatā€™s ok. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
(and Iā€™m speaking as someone looking in not effected by any of this)

• Heart
Reactions: 45

I answered happy and positive to the poll, but not everyone is wanting to feel that way.
Itā€™s not about not wanting to feel that way. People can not force themselves to feel happy and positive especially in a time like this when mental health is so fragile. Itā€™s okay if people want to be excited and it is also okay if people are not feeling it.

Reactions: 19
personally I think thatā€™s a bit unfair, people are almost shamed for not being excited to go to the bleeping pub.

there are a lot of people who couldnā€™t give a rats ass if they never see a pub again because theyā€™re doing everything in their power to not walk in front of a train or swallow a bunch of pills.
Itā€™s not a case of ā€œif youā€™re not happy youā€™re a Debbie downerā€
You canā€™t force happiness on people because youā€™ve heard that some might get to go to Costa Del Chavs in august.

it worries me that people feel like they need to force happiness for appearance sake or thereā€™s something wrong with them.

feel how the duck you want. If youā€™re not phased by bojoā€™s motorway and you donā€™t feel positive.
Thatā€™s ok. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
(and Iā€™m speaking as someone looking in not effected by any of this)
On behalf of a lot of people, thank you. This is really what I needed right now. I feel bleeping awful that I'm not bouncing off the walls but it takes everything in me to wake up in the morning. I want to be excited but I'm not.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Iā€™m really struggling to feel optimistic about the ā€œroadmapā€. I get everyone is super excited by a prospective end date and Iā€™d love to be one of those people but after a year or let downs and being dictated as to what we can and canā€™t do I just donā€™t feel like I can get too excited or enthusiastic about it. I guess I just donā€™t want more disappointment.
As for the vaccine passport- for something that is supposedly optional isnā€™t it basically saying ā€œyou either have it or you canā€™t do fun stuff?ā€ I know a few people that arenā€™t able to have it due to medical conditions- what kind of life will they be allowed to live? Plus the people with most disposable income and who will be more likely to go out and spend money and boost tourism etc are months away from being fully vaccinated. I just donā€™t see how it will work.
Sorry if I sound like a Debbie downer but Iā€™m just really struggling to continue to follow rules set by someone like Boris whilst keeping some sort of optimism. Like the saying goes- if he tells you to jump off a cliff, would you?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I feel like it's good that they are discussing things getting back to normal but it is all depending on how infections go. None of it is set in stone , but it is nice to think that the end is nigh.

Last summer was fairly relaxed in term of restrictions ( compared to the winter) so I am positive that this summer can be restrictions free. We are in a better position as we have last summer to go by , and lots of people should be vaccinated by then .

Reactions: 11
Itā€™s not about not wanting to feel that way. People can not force themselves to feel happy and positive especially in a time like this when mental health is so fragile. Itā€™s okay if people want to be excited and it is also okay if people are not feeling it.
I totally agree. Iā€™ve shielded as a single adult household for most the year, remember that 3 months when we were literally told not to leave our homes at all? I feel a whole host of emotions, happy yes, but primarily very anxious! How I ā€œwantā€ to feel doesnā€™t even come into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Iā€™m really struggling to feel optimistic about the ā€œroadmapā€. I get everyone is super excited by a prospective end date and Iā€™d love to be one of those people but after a year or let downs and being dictated as to what we can and canā€™t do I just donā€™t feel like I can get too excited or enthusiastic about it. I guess I just donā€™t want more disappointment.
As for the vaccine passport- for something that is supposedly optional isnā€™t it basically saying ā€œyou either have it or you canā€™t do fun stuff?ā€ I know a few people that arenā€™t able to have it due to medical conditions- what kind of life will they be allowed to live? Plus the people with most disposable income and who will be more likely to go out and spend money and boost tourism etc are months away from being fully vaccinated. I just donā€™t see how it will work.
Sorry if I sound like a Debbie downer but Iā€™m just really struggling to continue to follow rules set by someone like Boris whilst keeping some sort of optimism. Like the saying goes- if he tells you to jump off a cliff, would you?
This is exactly how I feel.

Reactions: 2
I totally agree. Iā€™ve shielded as a single adult household for most the year, remember that 3 months when we were literally told not to leave our homes at all? I feel a whole host of emotions, happy yes, but primarily very anxious! How I ā€œwantā€ to feel doesnā€™t even come into it.
I can imagine it has been very hard for you and feeling anxious is understandable. For me feeling the way I do (anxious and not excited) is my way of protecting myself from feeling let down again if the roadmap does not pan out the way they are saying. I am taking each day as it comes as things have changed so quickly in the past. I donā€™t want to get my hopes up too much. Thatā€™s not to say I am expecting the worse, but I also want to remain level-headed. This probably makes no sense. šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
On behalf of a lot of people, thank you. This is really what I needed right now. I feel bleeping awful that I'm not bouncing off the walls but it takes everything in me to wake up in the morning. I want to be excited but I'm not.
Im glad many on here are optimistic and sharing their excitement about getting back to a pub or a nightclub or whatever,
But a huge amount of people arenā€™t in that place, and thatā€™s ok too, they shouldnā€™t be shamed for it, there shouldnā€™t be digs made about them, there are a lot of people who canā€™t see a positive in anything right now and shouldnā€™t force it for the sake of this thread.

if youā€™re happy you can get your eyebrows done soon, all the luck to you,
If youā€™re struggling to make it to 3pm let alone June, nothing but love to you. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Iā€™m excited but Iā€™m also nervous about how Iā€™ll feel in social situations. I havenā€™t been in a group setting for a year. I feel like Iā€™ve almost forgotten how to be sociable? I donā€™t know what I used to talk about, how I used to act? I am nervous but Iā€™m happy that thereā€™s a light at the end and Iā€™ll be able to see my close family and friends again.

Reactions: 16
I posted yesterday about how I loved this thread in the beginning but felt sad as people were "complaining" about still having to wear masks in summer in the UK even though things could be back to "normal" and the general public vaccinated if they want. And how here in Canada the general public aren't expected to even have one vaccine until October if that....likely fully vaccinated in spring 2022.

I feel like everyone here will have moved on and the thread will be quiet and Canada will be stuck in the same never ending hell hole. If it gets to that point, especially by summer, I can see the public just not giving a tit anymore. People are losing too much and the government has failed in terms of vaccinations. Why should we be punished because of their failure?

I don't think I will be checking in here as much as honestly I felt quite down yesterday and it impacted my sleep... As I couldn't help but wonder when I will even be able to get home to visit my family in the UK, when my husband and I can have a baby safely etc. Canada is so so behind šŸ˜”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Iā€™m literally only excited about my kids going back to school. I havenā€™t thought much further than that if Iā€™m honest. One thing at a time eh.

Reactions: 15
I answered still a long way to go

Emotionally feel a bit all over the place - Covid has taken so much from me including a family member and I want nothing more than it to be over, for no more people to lose their lives and for people to have their lives back

All just feels so empty - all good news is overshadowed by the fact it was too late for my mother in law.

I'm also really worried about going back to "normal life" - what does that even look like anymore?

Hate that I'm not being optimistic though - need to snap out of it!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I answered ' We still have a long way to go/no real change in mood.' for the simple reason that I don't trust the information we've been given. I know that's a pessimistic view and I don't 'want' to feel that way @AllSeeingEye123 but I just don't trust those dates to mean anything. The goal posts have been moved so many times (Christmas being the biggest one!) that I feel it's only right to be cautious and to not get our hopes up too much. Shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice and how many times have we been fooled now? I've lost count!

Reactions: 14
I answered still a long way to go

Emotionally feel a bit all over the place - Covid has taken so much from me including a family member and I want nothing more than it to be over, for no more people to lose their lives and for people to have their lives back

All just feels so empty - all good news is overshadowed by the fact it was too late for my mother in law.

I'm also really worried about going back to "normal life" - what does that even look like anymore?

Hate that I'm not being optimistic though - need to snap out of it!!
Iā€™m so sorry you lost someone close to Covid and for what you are going through and feeling, sending you love and light. I hope in time you will begin to feel better but it is okay to feel the way you do. We are all feeling out of sorts for whatever we are going through in our lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.