• My finances have not been affected

Votes: 192 38.2%
  • I'm richer and saving it

Votes: 140 27.9%
  • I'm richer but spending the extra

Votes: 45 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Added a poll about money, probably haven't worded it that well but you get the idea!

1-5 with how much your finances have been affected with 1 being severely reduced.

Reactions: 1
Added a poll about money, probably haven't worded it that well but you get the idea!

1-5 with how much your finances have been affected with 1 being severely reduced.
Ooooooh Martin Lewis did this on Twitter yesterday and people were angry!!!

Reactions: 1
Looks like that tennis tournament has brought nothing but bad luck

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Ooooooh Martin Lewis did this on Twitter yesterday and people were angry!!!
It does have to be worded carefully, regardless of your situation those gloating about having so much more money need to duck right off.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's over 65s not 55s getting their jab letter from Monday. To reply to Prgirl_cesca in reply to me in the other thread I agree with all you say. I wouldn't expect anyone to be daft enough to risk their business by breaking rules that have been put in place. But I also totally think you're doing the right thing not listening to the rules when it comes to physical contact between two jabbed people.

• Angry
Just found out I’ve been given a promotion in work and due to start my new role on 22nd. Big day for me that day😂 at least I’ll be nice and busy before the conference rather than refreshing the news constantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It does have to be worded carefully, regardless of your situation those gloating about having so much more money need to duck right off.
Definitely. I'm in the richer camp as have carried on working but my outgoings have reduced massively. It was also my 40th last April and I had a lot cancelled and refunded as I couldn't celebrate (got to spend it alone with 2 cats and my Dad was put on a ventilator the night before), I did have a party and a couple of holidays booked.

I count myself as incredibly lucky financially and am spending the money on home improvements I wouldn't have been able to afford normally. I would never gloat about it and find it really tasteless when people do

Reactions: 19
I could have ticked all of those boxes throughout 😂

I’ve gone for saving more, for the present day. As I’m hoping between that and the saving money thread, it’s giving me a kick up the arse to actually keep saving instead of frittering! At least for this half of the year anyway, until all the family birthdays start arriving from May!

Reactions: 3

To think people out there are getting annoyed at people mentioning holidays and thinking they are selfish for wanting to go on one when people are dying. Another well put article. We need some hope to hold on to. It cannot keep being nothing but miserable soundbites.

Reactions: 11

To think people out there are getting annoyed at people mentioning holidays and thinking they are selfish for wanting to go on one when people are dying. Another well put article. We need some hope to hold on to. It cannot keep being nothing but miserable soundbites.
It’s people saying they deserve the vaccine before others so they can go on holidays abroad I don’t like

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Looks like that tennis tournament has brought nothing but bad luck
So as far as I know, the tennis isn't to blame (even if it was bad luck :ROFLMAO: ). The outbreak is related to a quarantine hotel where citizens returning home stay. They're letting the Open continue too, just no crowds to watch.

Reactions: 3
Where's the "I'm poorer, sold my car last week, and my house is up for sale" option 😐

@kazizzle in the last thread you linked to these masks, any idea if they are any good with glasses? As I drive for a supermarket for a living now and have still yet to find a mask that doesn't occasionally steam up my glasses unexpectedly (jumping in and out of the different temperatures of the van cab or van back, and the exertion of carrying heavy crates to someone's door etc). Having most success with the "neck tube" sort as I can pull it up and down as needed and it's not competing with my glasses for ear space, but I look like I'm about to rob the householders in it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So as far as I know, the tennis isn't to blame (even if it was bad luck :ROFLMAO: ). The outbreak is related to a quarantine hotel where citizens returning home stay. They're letting the Open continue too, just no crowds to watch.
I wasn't meaning it was to blame just that they've had nothing but bad luck from they arrived there 😂 both players and citizens .

Reactions: 2
Can’t wait til the 22nd when we will actually just know and all this speculation can end 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.