Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #70

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More areas have been moved to tiers 4 and 3. 2 cases of south African strain detected
New mutant UK strain affecting younger people more now.
Previous thread here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
And despite the tit storm we are all finding ourselves living through... Prince Phillip is still alive.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Someone said they’re worried it’ll keep mutating. Tbh that would be a good thing as it would eventually be so weak it would be useless.

Reactions: 34
Someone said they’re worried it’ll keep mutating. Tbh that would be a good thing as it would eventually be so weak it would be useless.
yeah I'm wondering if it'll eventually be like flu? The problem is if you can be re-infected with it. If you can't be re-infected no matter the strain/variant then eventually it'll die out. If you can catch it every year like the flu then no

Reactions: 12
yeah I'm wondering if it'll eventually be like flu? The problem is if you can be re-infected with it. If you can't be re-infected no matter the strain/variant then eventually it'll die out. If you can catch it every year like the flu then no
But hopefully it’ll become so weak it’ll be like the common cold 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If I was an OG tier 4’er I’d be PISSED at the newbies right now,
swanning around living their best life for the next 48 hours.... smug bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
It’ll hopefully eventually become like flu - something we are not close to eradicating but we can vaccinate against every year, account for in care settings and cope with. As time goes on we will learn more and more about effective treatmentsStill shocks me how many shockingly bad flu seasons we have had without fuss in the past including one in 2018 and we did nothing.
If we keep the idea of mask wearing when suffering with winter illnesses and social distancing if there are particularly bad outbreaks; I hope it also brings an end to people martyring on at work when they’ve got a virus and infecting everybody else but nobody seems to mind in normal circumstances, god knows how many people the woman sneezing in the office has indirectly made very ill / killed in the past but there should now be more awareness of how to prevent easy spreading viruses and the potential risk they pose to our vulnerable members of society.

I also wonder if at any point 🙄 the government might start actually doing something effective about encouraging us to take vitamins and be healthier as a nation so that we tackle some of the underlying health conditions that contribute to the situation being as dire as it is (obesity, general poor nutrition and low immune systems etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 28
i cant believe the amount of positive cases (and deaths) today, they need to lock the whole country down NOW

Reactions: 17
Doesn’t the new figures just seem shockingly because we don’t have the true figures from March - may to compare them to

Reactions: 14
It’ll hopefully eventually become like flu - something we are not close to eradicating but we can vaccinate against every year, account for in care settings and cope with. As time goes on we will learn more and more about effective treatmentsStill shocks me how many shockingly bad flu seasons we have had without fuss in the past including one in 2018 and we did nothing.
If we keep the idea of mask wearing when suffering with winter illnesses and social distancing if there are particularly bad outbreaks; I hope it also brings an end to people martyring on at work when they’ve got a virus and infecting everybody else but nobody seems to mind in normal circumstances, god knows how many people the woman sneezing in the office has indirectly made very ill / killed in the past but there should now be more awareness of how to prevent easy spreading viruses and the potential risk they pose to our vulnerable members of society.

I also wonder if at any point 🙄 the government might start actually doing something effective about encouraging us to take vitamins and be healthier as a nation so that we tackle some of the underlying health conditions that contribute to the situation being as dire as it is (obesity, general poor nutrition and low immune systems etc).
The “soldiering on” attitude in this country is so bizarre. I remember two times working in the NHS where I’ve had ridiculous comments made to me - one time I was ill with what was admittedly probably just a cold, but I had a bad cough and was breathless, this was at a time when I used to walk quite a long way from the bus stop uphill to the hospital I was working in. I told my boss I didn’t think I was well enough to come in, especially as I was struggling walking up the hill - her answer to me was “well, you’ll have to crawl”. I’m not even kidding.
Another time I had an awful virus, god knows what. I was off for about 10 days, on my return a colleague was gloating that she supposedly caught it off me but came into work because “life doesn’t stop just because you’re ill” (I sincerely doubt she had what I had as I was vomiting for 7 days straight and thought I was going to die). Even when I’ve been unable to get out of bed I still haven’t felt “ill enough” to ring in sick :cautious:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Ever since Hancock made his announcement in the UK an hour or two ago, along with mentioning a new strain of the virus that has entered the UK from SA, I am getting quite a few hateful text messages and emails from what I thought were friends. Basically blaming South Africa for the current problems in the UK, and that because I am South African by birth, I should "hold my head in shame" and "not bother coming back to the UK. We don't need your germs!"

I like to think of myself as a fairly tough character, but i have to admit to feeling quite upset by those comments. Just shows who your real friends are! :cry:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 107
Ever since Hancock made his announcement in the UK an hour or two ago, along with mentioning a new strain of the virus has entered the UK from SA, I am getting quite a few hateful text messages and emails from what I thought were friends. Basically blaming South Africa for the current problems in the UK, and that because I am South African by birth, I should "hold my head in shame" and "not bother coming back to the UK. We don't need your germs!"

I like to think of myself as a fairly tough character, but i have to admit to feeling quite upset by those comments. Just shows who your real friends are! :cry:
What sort of person would even think to say that? In what possible way do you deserve venom thrown at you?

Reactions: 33
Ever since Hancock made his announcement in the UK an hour or two ago, along with mentioning a new strain of the virus that has entered the UK from SA, I am getting quite a few hateful text messages and emails from what I thought were friends. Basically blaming South Africa for the current problems in the UK, and that because I am South African by birth, I should "hold my head in shame" and "not bother coming back to the UK. We don't need your germs!"

Id tell them to duck off I wouldn’t be polite about it either. That’s horrible.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.