Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #68

New Christmas rules

• I'm breaking them

Votes: 105 27.2%
  • I'm following them

Votes: 281 72.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m wondering how people will return?

If they announce full lockdown on 30th - will there be a mass panic again to return from their Xmas place?

• Sad
Reactions: 8

If they announce full lockdown on 30th - will there be a mass panic again to return from their Xmas place?
That's very possible!!

Reactions: 3

Technically people should be at home, but we know they won’t. So yes I suspect so.

Reactions: 9
Technically people should be at home, but we know they won’t. So yes I suspect so.
Most people I know are not at home they have travelled to their families. I think there is a psychological aspect to being alone on Christmas Day.

Reactions: 7
For the record, I'm now in Tier 4, as I'm a self employed motorcycle courier I'm going to carry on working, however I don't expect much work next week because many companies are closing for xmas already. AT least I will be available to do my weekly run to Felixstowe to collect Covid tests.

Do we think people will actually follow these new instructions or do you think people will do what they want? I think people are at the ‘duck this’ stage now.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Well, I made it back home. Thank you for all your messages on the last thread 💗 roads were pretty busy... think a lot of last minute dashing going on. Happy to be back with my parents... the longest I’ve ever gone without them. Feel for those who aren’t as lucky as I am and able to see their families. What an awful time. Cling onto the hope of better times in the summer... we will get through this eventually 💖

I hope everyone is ok. Remember your mental health is a priority and doing what you need to do to look after yourself and make sure you are not in harms way is absolutely ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Do we think people will actually follow these new instructions or do you think people will do what they want? I think people are at the ‘duck this’ stage now.
Most people I have spoken to will stick to it for the most part, a few minor breaches but not full on duck it.

Reactions: 13
I think people will start listening after the 25th - this new strain will terrify them.

If they push the narrative of fear and terror yes we will all comply. Who wants to die slowly in a packed nhs ward with a tube in their throat struggling to breathe - alone?

Reactions: 22
SO many of my neighbours have had family round. A few have had birthday parties for children and adults. Another had a rave that lasted until 3am. I think we have been at the duck this stage since before Lockdown 2 sadly.

Personally this new strain scares me. I am shocked at the statistic that 60%+ of W/C 9th Dec Covid positives were this new strain in London. It makes sense why COVID has adapted. If it kills the host, it dies with them. But I can't believe how infectious the new strain is.

Also social distancing hasn't happened for months either. The amount of people going the wrong way around Tesco or standing right behind you is unreal.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
The Majority will follow but more people will ignore the rules this time.

Reactions: 7
Most people I have spoken to will stick to it for the most part, a few minor breaches but not full on duck it.
I agree most people I know - now they are over the initial shock / sadness will stick to it for the most part. Its still absolutely tit though!

I have spent all evening agonising but I am leaning towards going to my mum's on boxing day as planned (we live about 100 miles apart) We have suffered a sudden and unexpected loss of a young family member this year that has knocked us all for 6. Total devastation. We have been unable to be around each other to comfort and support one another and it has been so terribly hard. My mum has been clinging onto christmas and I am so worried that if we don't see each other over this period then I wont have a mum to see next christmas.

So I'm going to go. We've stuck to the rules throughout all of the pain but something has to give.

I will be travelling from the north west to yorkshire. As far as I can see the fine is £100 for your first 'offence' - a small price to pay I feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
I agree most people I know - now they are over the initial shock / sadness will stick to it for the most part. Its still absolutely tit though!
Im one of these people. When they announced it earlier I was in floods of tears saying NOPE IM GOING REGARDLESS I DONT CARE, 7 hours later and after many teary phone calls with my family i understand the severity and know the gov and scientists wouldn’t have done this without good reason. I’ll be sticking to the rules as much as it pains me to do so but I must be able to say I’ve done my bit to protect my loved ones.

Christmas for us won’t really be on 25th December this year it’ll be whenever we can properly see our families again.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.