Votes: 71 13.2%
  • I'm mixing in a group of 10-11-12

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • I'm mixing in a group of 13 or more

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who thought we'd be at 67?

I'm praying for the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine to be approved on Christmas Eve. Then millions of doses can be given by the end of Jan. Otherwise is going to be a grim start to next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I just want holidays and music festivals back in the summer :( I don’t wanna be at Glastonbury in a mask either.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What is it again that makes the AZ Oxford one better for rolling out to the masses? it's the one that is priced much lower isn't it?

Reactions: 2
What is it again that makes the AZ Oxford one better for rolling out to the masses? it's the one that is priced much lower isn't it?
We have ordered 100 millions doses of it and would get a big chunk straight away.

Compared with 7mil moderna and 40 mil Pfizer 😬

Also doesn’t need to be refrigerated at -70 and costs v little as you say

Reactions: 5
Can be stored in a normal fridge and there's millions (I heard 10 million a few months ago) of doses already in the UK waiting to go.

I'm not keen on a rushed vaccine, but I think it's a game changer when that's approved and I'd be ready to have it ASAP if I was at risk.

That's the Christmas present I want.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
🙁 I thought they would have carried them over, didn’t some festivals do that?
You still have the ticket, they haven't officially rescheduled yet but now I'll have a baby and missed going in my 'youth' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The BBC bit says the 26th of December?? Ugh I hope it isn't that soon.

1608222394767.png

Hardly the "robust and extreme" lockdown suggested if they are keeping retail open but just closing it at 8pm. In Janurary Belfast city centre shopping area is a ghost town by then anyway!
Says 'essential shops' would close at 8pm. Implying non essential retail would be shut I'd think?

Reactions: 1
Closing essential shops at 8pm is ridiculous.

All those people doing their weekly shop in an empty Tesco at 9pm are clearly causing the spread 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hardly the "robust and extreme" lockdown suggested if they are keeping retail open but just closing it at 8pm. In Janurary Belfast city centre shopping area is a ghost town by then anyway!
I thought Belfast was a ghost town anyway..it was the last time I visited.it’s only essential retail to shut at 8 the rest will close for 6 weeks...I think the early date must be to stop the Boxing Day sales it’s very short notice if it’s to close that soon.

The BBC bit says the 26th of December?? Ugh I hope it isn't that soon.

View attachment 350493

Says 'essential shops' would close at 8pm. Implying non essential retail would be shut I'd think?
Oh god, as if they are going back to the insane idea of march/april and making supermarkets close early! So inconvenient for people who work shifts. In peak lockdown the other nurses on my mums ward used to have to do their shopping before work as it was shut by the time their 12 hr shift finished, but it meant they couldn't get any frozen stuff as it was sat in their boot for bloody ages 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The major news so far today is that it's understood health officials have proposed a 42 and a half day lockdown across the entire solar system (excluding Uranus because......who doesn’t love Uranusl)
in a desperate bid to curb the virus.

Another proposal that's been tabled is that essential shops would close by 6.14pm every night and customerswou be asked to wear both black and navy at the same time...a crime against fashion some might say, others believe it may be an effective way to curb the spread before the vaccine is rolled out to all.

The executive is meeting right now to consider a range of options that have been given from the health minister,
the emergency meeting is taking place over a tub of quality street, minus the green triangle which is thought to be a big factor in the recent increased cases of coviee number 19.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.