• I think the lockdown will continue past Dec 2nd

Votes: 334 73.7%
  • I don’t think the lockdown will stretch past Dec 2nd

Votes: 73 16.1%
  • If it does, I won’t comply

Votes: 115 25.4%
  • If it does, I will be complying

Votes: 196 43.3%
  • I’ve thought about taking my child out of school until this is over/I would if I was a parent

Votes: 74 16.3%
  • I will keep my child in school as long as I can/I would if I was a parent

Votes: 170 37.5%
  • I have no confidence in Boris

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • I have confidence in Boris

Votes: 36 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 60.
continue here. 🙂

(like always, I’m running out of questions 😂😂
- I will be doing elf on the shelf
- the bleeping elf can do one...North Pole hospital reached capacity and he’s passed away)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Daughters school are advertising for reception new starters and encouraging people to book and look around! Can they do that?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Daughters school are advertising for reception new starters and encouraging people to book and look around! Can they do that?
All of ours has put videos up and said no visits this year

Reactions: 1
In terms of the poll questions for this new thread, I voted "no" to voting for a lockdown in parliament, I have no confidence in BJ, but would comply with the law, and that the lockdown will drag on into the new year (although probably renamed "circuit breaker", "Fire cracker" or some such nonsense)

Boris MUST get a grip sooner rather than later!

Reactions: 5
are offices allowed to stay open or not now do any of you know? X
Yes where the job cannot be done effectively at home. I think it's slightly lighter than before - for example if your mental health is truly suffering at home, it would be allowed to go into work, but avoid public transport if you can.

EDIT: not a professional, this is just what I've understood from what I've read and from the attitude my workplace is having to it.

Reactions: 3
Thread 60.
continue here. 🙂

(like always, I’m running out of questions 😂😂
- I will be doing elf on the shelf
- the bleeping elf can do one...North Pole hospital reached capacity and he’s passed away)
I gave you some questions Mrs. You can use them on the next thread. The speed of these it will be about Thursday.

Reactions: 2
The one thing I can't get my head around is the need to lockdown the country for a virus that only 1.6% of the population has tested positive for. If you do the maths 1,053,864 people tested positive in a country with a population of 66,650,000. We are risking mental health of people, people's livelihoods, jobs and children's education for a virus that has effected such a small percentage of people. I believe covid exists, I wear masks when I need to and keep my distance. I follow all the rules , I am a family of 8 so we haven't mixed with anyone else since March before anyone thinks I am a covidiot. I just can't understand why everything has to close down again .

Reactions: 29
The one thing I can't get my head around is the need to lockdown the country for a virus that only 1.6% of the population has tested positive for. If you do the maths 1,053,864 people tested positive in a country with a population of 66,650,000. We are risking mental health of people, people's livelihoods, jobs and children's education for a virus that has effected such a small percentage of people. I believe covid exists, I wear masks when I need to and keep my distance. I follow all the rules , I am a family of 8 so we haven't mixed with anyone else since March before anyone thinks I am a covidiot. I just can't understand why everything has to close down again .
It's because the number of cases is escalating so quickly, and the number of hospital admissions must slow down quickly to save the NHS. We just don't have sufficient fully trained staff or capacity in our hospitals. Too many people catching it and passing it on, therefore we need to bring the R number back down below 1. Until this is under control then patients with other conditions like cancer, heart and lung issues, etc, cannot receive the treatment they need in the usual timeframe.

Reactions: 20
I mean it’s great for garden centres, but in what world plants are essential? If they are, then surely books/clothes/you name it is essential too?

Reactions: 17
exponential growth.

R rate of 1.6 means 1 person will set off a chain of the infection of 900 others by day 16.

now times that by the million plus people infected. And how the numbers go insane on a daily basis from there.

Reactions: 6
It might seem that way right now but they’ve said that if we didn’t take action we could soon be up to 2000-4000 deaths PER DAY.

Reactions: 7
I mean it’s great for garden centres, but in what world plants are essential? If they are, then surely books/clothes/you name it is essential too?
People who grow their own food might need them I guess?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It might seem that way right now but they’ve said that if we didn’t take action we could soon be up to 2000-4000 deaths PER DAY.
But on that same chart it estimated we would have deaths equal to the April peak already, so I take it with a pinch of salt even though I acknowledge the worsening situation

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.