Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Jeez, is it a full moon? What the hell is going on around here tonight? 😞
*steps quietly away...

• Haha
Reactions: 22

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I also feel sorry for truck drivers in all this. A lot of them are saying how coffee shops , toilets etc at service stations are closed and this is affecting them on top of working longer hours. They can’t get a hot meal due to their hours / places being shut.
A few have said that NHS workers can get coffees etc from service stations but not truckers.
It’s a shame something isn’t put in place for them too.
Truckers and delivery drivers are contributing to keeping things going. They need all the support they can get too.

Reactions: 22

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I think a tougher lockdown has to be put in place. There's small businesses opening back up by me and the local pub, Al based on the fact that the closure is recommended and not actually forced or legal.

There's people on my street right now, talking to each other and the local kids on the green playing football again. Our schools would have broken up for Easter yesterday and people are treating like a normal Easter holiday.

It's not being taken seriously round here a d now my 12 year old wants to know why he can't go and join in football with his mates or walk to the park with them. Neighbour over the road has actively sent her kids out because she'd rather they caught tsllnee rather than later 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

coconochanel

VIP Member
Wouldn't it be funny if when they lift the lockdown everyone said 'naw its ok I'm alright staying in now thanks'

• Haha

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I am stuck at home with a 4, 5 & 6 Yr old

I swap between being grateful for their company and fantasies about locking them in (separate) cupboards for a bit of peace 🤣🤣🤣
My toddler is always emptying the cupboards, throwing everything on the floor and climbing in... would it really be so bad to shut her in there? 🤣

• Haha

Jamhead

VIP Member
It definitely won't hit it's peak next weekend. The 2 main hospitals nearest to me are running at 35-45%. They are cancelling shifts because they don't have the patient numbers to warrant the staff coming in.
Before we hit the peak, we would see hospital's at full capacity up and down the country.
Im grateful they have had a small amount of time to prepare, something Italy didn't have. These hospitals (and im sure it varies across England) have moved all seriously ill patients to private hospitals, moved all other patients where possible to upper levels, leaving the lower ones empty, ready for only COVID-19 patients.

Also for what it is worth, I'm not seeing any increase in people out and about where i am.I live near to a busy road, i can see and hear it from my bedroom and it is deserted. It leads to the dual carriage way and also to the drs, supermarkets, pharmacies. There is about 70% less traffic than normal in the day and 90% less traffic at night. It feels like everyday is Christmas day for how quiet the road is.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I'm so grateful for this thread. I'm someone who wants to know all the facts and figures and watch the daily updates, whereas a lot of my friends and family are happy to bury their heads in the sand and get a bit cross with me if I dare try to broach the subject.

Just feeling a bit lonely right now 😔

• Sad

veve

no offence to anyone but signing a petition on change.org is not gonna force the Chinese Government to shut down markets lol

• Haha

KateESJ

VIP Member
I’m hoping it’s not that people have stopped taking it seriously.
Think it is tbh
Waited outside the pharmacy for my daughter's prescription and someone stood close to me, one of the staff asked if he could move away from me and my kids (I was about to move, or ask him to move away a little) and he rolled his eyes and moved even closer to me. In the end I just moved and he was smirking a little. Some people are just bloody ignorant!

• Angry
  • Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
My ex text me yesterday that he's showing symptoms (which I didn't really believe tbh, he's such an attention seeker). Temp, slight cough. He asked if I would go shopping for him, because he, and I quote 'didn't want to get judged for coughing in public', told him to ask his new girlfriend. Anyway today he posted on Facebook that he went to Tesco. Fucking dickwad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
NHS workers are doing an amazing job but we can’t forget about our other key workers who are helping keep the country going right now. Made we weirdly sad to think of lorry drivers not being able to access drinks and meals on their shifts. Seems quite a lonely job as it is.

• Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Since we’re not doing days anymore I propose we break hours up into

- coffee hours
- Wine hours
- Eating yesterdays lasagna out of the microwave package/bin hours
- ice cream hours
- dry cereal from a box hours
- pj hours
- “dressy” pj hours.

• Haha

Icemaiden01

Chatty Member
Wait, where’s dishy Rishi? I know that’s OT, but he brightens my day a little bit! Just want to say this thread is a huge help through all of this and I wish you and all your family well x

• Heart
  • Haha

monga

VIP Member
Just saw a child rapist is to be freed under the virus release scheme ..who was it said about law and order ? they should be testing the vaccine out on those sickos instead of setting them free:mad:

• Angry
  • Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
I had a major wobble tonight. My anxiety over this whole thing finally got the better of me and I’ve been in tears all night. Had a big fight with my husband earlier because he thinks I worry too much and I’m overreacting, but I’m genuinely scared shitless right now. I’ve been trying to stay calm for the sake of everyone else over the last few weeks, but the dam has finally broken.

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
anyone watching Tonight ...Trump and the virus...shocking ! his former spokesman said he's mentally deranged has a personality disorder and low self esteem..There's footage of them loading bodies into a lorry with a forklift. disgusting the way those people have been abandoned:mad:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19