Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I tested positive on Sunday after 2 years avoiding it.
Had been feeling poorly all week but tested negative every day Monday - Thursday. Was away for the weekend so did no tests after Thursday until I got home Sunday night. I thought I just had a stubborn cold but Sunday I got a dark positive test.
I’m feeling very tired, headache, horrifically dry cough and absolutely no sense of smell. I did have a runny nose but that seems to be clearing up. Hoping by my day 4/5 I’ll be negative so I have the weekend.
I’m isolating in my bedroom as the girl I live with is caring for her dad who only has 1 lung and had a pace maker fitted last week. Cleaning the kitchen behind me and luckily we have separate bathrooms. First time I’ve had to isolate through the whole pandemic.
Also couldn’t get any LFTs so had to ask my mum to post some that she has just so I can test to know when it’s safe for me to mix with my housemate
I hope you feel better soon.
Also well done for isolating and being sensible in order to keep your friend’s dad safe. I applaud you for being so selfless. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I don't think restrictions should be brought back . People still caught covid when they were under restrictions. The isolation periods are / were guesswork ( although there is some scientific theory behind it) and the reliability of tests in the real world is sometimes questionable.

We should rely on how people feel when they fall ill .

I do agree with infection control measures like handwashing and not coughing / sneezing every where.

Reactions: 11

monga

VIP Member
What is your problem seriously? Why on earth would I lie? Please stop quoting me if you aren't going to engage in good faith conversations, really strange behaviour.
I personally don’t have a problem wearing a mask if the situation calls for it I just see it as common courtesy .

• Heart

Lollyy

VIP Member
Probably the same lot that call the vaccine 'poison' and label everybody else as sheep. Massive cunts and I hope they all get ill.
I think it’s each to everyone’s choice if they get vaccinated. Let’s be honest being vaccinated hasn’t stopped the spread or severity of the symptoms. I am triple jabbed and had a bad case of covid twice once when single jabbed and once when triple. My friend had it once, basically symptomless and no vaccine.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I never come on here anymore but just wanted to say I FINALLY caught covid 2 years in 😂 I test myself twice a week still for work and tested negative last Monday and then I woke up on Thursday with a bit of a sore throat so decided to do a LFT and there was a very faint positive….then I did another one later that day and it was strong positive! I felt fine mostly, I would have gone to work etc if I was allowed. Bit of swollen glands and a blocked nose for 3/4 days. Had my first negative test yesterday (day 7) and another today so I am released into the wild - for context I’m in wales so we still isolate. Overall 5/10 I quite liked the time off but I was a bit bored and spent too much on deliveroo.

• Heart
  • Haha

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Of course I only care about myself why would i prioritise someone else’s needs over my own? Myself and my childrens needs are more important to me than a strangers, I’m sure everyone here would agree with that unless they’re gonna lie and say a random stranger means more to them 🤥
I don't think that's true at all, it really isn't that binary, you can still care for other people without them being the person you care for the most and that usually means not doing exactly as you want all the time (and I'm sure that nobody here is that selfish). There are certainly people I care about more than myself as they are very near and dear to me plus I can still care about total strangers (particularly those more vulnerable than myself). Fully appreciate that their day to day circumstances don't keep me awake at night in the same way it did when my mum was hospitalised for 6 weeks last year (not covid before anybody assumes) but that doesn't mean that I don't care and if I can make small adjustments that make their lives safer then why wouldn't I? I'm not telling you what you (or anybody else) should do but I do think it's quite normal for people to prioritise the needs of some others over themselves even, in some cases, total strangers.

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
What a bunch of scumbags. selfishly hoarding LFTs that our taxes are going to be paying for for years.

After the first lockdown and the people who horded toilet paper, pasta etc I am not one bit surprised. They should go back and track them and anyone who has ordered too many should be billed or told return them

Maccat123

Chatty Member
Are people still really barking away about mask wearing. Lol
Its been over 2 years seriously time to move on. Imagine getting triggered by an anonymous person online because they said they won’t wear a mask. The same people that call you selfish for not getting your 4 vaccines, the same people that have had covid about 8 times. 🤣 You sound absolutely pathetic at this point.
Yes my life is pathetic, I'm bedbound 👍We are allowed to say our opinion just the same as you. I don't know if this is directed at me but I have never called anyone selfish for not having covid vaccinations. It is however fair to say that this country is inherently selfish in the way it functions (i.e. for the individual not the collective). You have clearly been "triggered" enough to write your response even though the conversation had moved on, seems kind of hypocritical to me!

• Heart
  • Haha

Dollenganger

VIP Member
So did I - until I came across that gem of a claim.
I worry that a new variant may arise among exhausted Ukranians or Russian soldiers whose immune systems are shot.
There are still people saying that Covid is a cold. 🙄 most of them started out terrified of it. I think it’s a defence mechanism.

• Angry
  • Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
They also say in the article that we locked down too late. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
You say hindsight but I stopped giving my Dad a hug and kiss goodbye at the start of March 2020, some 3 weeks before the first lockdown. I can recall saying to him “Dad, this virus looks serious so I won’t kiss you goodbye for a bit because I don’t want to risk you getting it.” I wish I knew then that I’d never kiss or hug him again.
If unqualified, little old me could see what was coming, how did the experts fail to see it? They saw it too but money was more important to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Day 10 and still a very faint line but I can’t stay in forever! I need to quickly pop to the shop today to top up on a few things, I’m just going to wear a mask and keep my distance, by Day 10 I should not be contagious. Cough seems to be almost gone too. I’ll use the self service zapper so I don’t have to interact with anyone.

I read you can still test positive for weeks, so I think I’ve done a sensible amount of time at home but there comes a point where 1) I can’t stay in and 2) I’ve run out of tests anyway.

A lot of people I know seem to have come down with it this weekend from what I can see on facebook, several for the first time like me. I think eventually we will all get it.

• Sad
  • Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Who would have thought putting the public under house arrest, telling kids they can kill granny, keeping kids away from school/mates, people being put on furlough worrying if they will have a job to go back to, constant death figures etc would have resulted in this.....:censored:

• Sad
There is nothing wrong with people still wanting to take precautions when numbers are still very high and the variant is quite transmissible. Some people may experience mild cold/flu like symptoms, but for others it can be much more serious.

Well that’s true I might have had it and been completely symptomless! What a deadly virus that is.
It is a deadly virus.

• Heart
  • Haha

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Ok well I haven’t? I have just read through comments and the only people that are calling others selfish are the ones that are on your side of the argument. As I said before, it’s your issue not mine. I think most people have moved on along time ago but of course there’s going to be a small minority that will have been left with mental illness and anxiety from covid and continue to wear masks forever. I would never make fun of these people I actually find it very sad!
My eldest son developed anxiety from seeing everyone in masks, he had to see a private therapist (via zoom may I add so that the therapist could be maskless!) because it really scared him all of the restrictions and he was bed wetting having night terrors of everyone in masks and never seeing anyones face again. I won’t go into the full extent of it but he suffered horribly. Yet there are people on here who think I’m selfish for putting his needs first.

• Sad

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
I have been pondering the reason behind all the Covid restrictions now lifting. Just seems such a quick turn around. Not saying I agree or disagree, I honestly have no idea what is for the best.
However, I do not think it is a coincidence that they have been lifted the same time all this is going on between Russia and Ukraine! Covid has crippled the economy, if and big if, the UK have to actually go to war Boris and our current government know that funding it would cripple us further. They need the country running again and at full capacity, they can’t have folk isolating on contact and business’s loosing money, they can’t afford to fund free testing etc. IMO this is the reason, most people have said it is a political decision I originally thought for popularity purposes and a deflection from party gate. I’m now thinking it is so much more. I sound like such a theorist but to me it makes sense!!

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I’m in Scotland and it’s rife up here! I still so far have not had it 😬

Is anyone else here vulnerable/have a vulnerable family member and still taking precautions? I was super super cautious throughout 2020/2021 as we had a vulnerable family member and now my mum is starting chemo next week so back to no hugging and testing regularly!

Although I don’t think I would go back to mask wearing unless rates get really bad in winter.
Hug your mum!

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Just been hospital for my child and was really surprised that so many covid rules were still in place

masks understandable but only 1 parent per child, limited space in waiting rooms with seats 2 metres apart so some patients had to wait in cars til they were seen

I thought all that would of been abolished by now!

• Sad
  • Angry

Ensay

VIP Member
Anti vax have a we are alright jack attitude and also trying to influence others not to have it with their misinformation.
I don't feel it's worth getting wound up about.

They usually say they're in favour of choice, but sometimes criticise people who've chosen to have their jabs. So what they're really saying is "I'm in favour of people making the same choice as me".

I've said it lots of times before, but I chose to have the three jabs and feel that was the right decision for me. If anyone else is bothered about that decision, I don't care and it's got nothing to do with them. :D