Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sallyannfanshaw

The reason periods don’t immediately return is that most contraception methods stop ovulation... it can take a few weeks for the ovaries to get the message to ripen then it’s another couple after that before a bleed🤗

Reactions: 1

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
It’s fine to stop, just remember when you start taking it again you’re not covered for the first 7 days (?i think?- I’m sure your GP can clear this up for you!)
Also be prepared for it to play with your hormones just a little bit X

lexle

After some advice and this seems like to most relevant thread, I hope someone can help!

I had the contraceptive implant for about 10 years on and off! I have recently decided to have it removed to let my body recover! However I had the implant out on December and I’ve haven’t seen so much as a sign of period!

How long do I wait before I visit a doctor?
Could have wrote your post myself however I was on the pill not the implant. Stopped in December also as wanting to have another child but no period yet. I went to the doctors yesterday and she explained it can take a good few months for everything to get back to “normal” I was told to come back in another 6 weeks if still nothing. I’ve recently had bloods done and that was all fine so I’m not too concerned. It’s worth going to ask some advice as I feel much better after speaking to my doctor 😊

witchywoman

As others said, you should be fine as long as you're certain that you won't be intimate with anyone.

Personally, I wouldn't engage in anything until a week or two after the medication built up in my system again. :)

The "worst" case scenario is that it might mess with your hormones so be prepared for that but with it only being a week it shouldn't be too bad.

I, too, recommend checking with a local clinic to see if you prescription can be filled sooner.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I know this thread is old but when you came off the implant did you lose weight? I’m on the waiting list to get mine out and I’ve heard a lot of people say they those some weight when they come off, has anyone had this experience?

Opendoor

After some advice and this seems like to most relevant thread, I hope someone can help!

I had the contraceptive implant for about 10 years on and off! I have recently decided to have it removed to let my body recover! However I had the implant out on December and I’ve haven’t seen so much as a sign of period!

How long do I wait before I visit a doctor?

Opendoor

Could have wrote your post myself however I was on the pill not the implant. Stopped in December also as wanting to have another child but no period yet. I went to the doctors yesterday and she explained it can take a good few months for everything to get back to “normal” I was told to come back in another 6 weeks if still nothing. I’ve recently had bloods done and that was all fine so I’m not too concerned. It’s worth going to ask some advice as I feel much better after speaking to my doctor 😊
Thanks so much! Settled my mind, think I’ll wait for another 6ish weeks and see what happens xx

I have run out of my contraceptive pills (combined), but I didn't have time to go to the doctors this week because I was busy with work.
I was supposed to start my new pack today, but obviously I can't. I probably won't be able to get a new prescription until Friday.

Is it okay to skip a week of taking the pill? I won't be having any sex of course.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
If you are absolutely 100% sure you won’t be having sex or sexual contact then yes, take a break and then start again when you get a new pack but use additional protection for at least 7 days after you start the new pack just to be safe as that weeks break could potentially be enough to make you fertile again.