Contraceptive pill question

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have run out of my contraceptive pills (combined), but I didn't have time to go to the doctors this week because I was busy with work.
I was supposed to start my new pack today, but obviously I can't. I probably won't be able to get a new prescription until Friday.

Is it okay to skip a week of taking the pill? I won't be having any sex of course.

It’s fine to stop, just remember when you start taking it again you’re not covered for the first 7 days (?i think?- I’m sure your GP can clear this up for you!)
Also be prepared for it to play with your hormones just a little bit X

Reactions: 1
If you are absolutely 100% sure you won’t be having sex or sexual contact then yes, take a break and then start again when you get a new pack but use additional protection for at least 7 days after you start the new pack just to be safe as that weeks break could potentially be enough to make you fertile again.

As others said, you should be fine as long as you're certain that you won't be intimate with anyone.

Personally, I wouldn't engage in anything until a week or two after the medication built up in my system again. :)

The "worst" case scenario is that it might mess with your hormones so be prepared for that but with it only being a week it shouldn't be too bad.

I, too, recommend checking with a local clinic to see if you prescription can be filled sooner.

After some advice and this seems like to most relevant thread, I hope someone can help!

I had the contraceptive implant for about 10 years on and off! I have recently decided to have it removed to let my body recover! However I had the implant out on December and I’ve haven’t seen so much as a sign of period!

How long do I wait before I visit a doctor?

After some advice and this seems like to most relevant thread, I hope someone can help!

I had the contraceptive implant for about 10 years on and off! I have recently decided to have it removed to let my body recover! However I had the implant out on December and I’ve haven’t seen so much as a sign of period!

How long do I wait before I visit a doctor?
Could have wrote your post myself however I was on the pill not the implant. Stopped in December also as wanting to have another child but no period yet. I went to the doctors yesterday and she explained it can take a good few months for everything to get back to “normal” I was told to come back in another 6 weeks if still nothing. I’ve recently had bloods done and that was all fine so I’m not too concerned. It’s worth going to ask some advice as I feel much better after speaking to my doctor 😊

Could have wrote your post myself however I was on the pill not the implant. Stopped in December also as wanting to have another child but no period yet. I went to the doctors yesterday and she explained it can take a good few months for everything to get back to “normal” I was told to come back in another 6 weeks if still nothing. I’ve recently had bloods done and that was all fine so I’m not too concerned. It’s worth going to ask some advice as I feel much better after speaking to my doctor 😊
Thanks so much! Settled my mind, think I’ll wait for another 6ish weeks and see what happens xx

The reason periods don’t immediately return is that most contraception methods stop ovulation... it can take a few weeks for the ovaries to get the message to ripen then it’s another couple after that before a bleed🤗

I know this thread is old but when you came off the implant did you lose weight? I’m on the waiting list to get mine out and I’ve heard a lot of people say they those some weight when they come off, has anyone had this experience?