Contraceptive Injection (Depo?)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Guys,

Just a little bit of advice please. Sorry if its too much info!

My contraceptive injection wore off about 2 months ago around start - mid Jan. I had my period last month around Valentines day and then about 2 weeks later had a bit of spotting but nothing since. Reading up on it I believe this is quite normal and people can have irregular periods if any at all for ages after?.. i get really paranoid when it comes to things like this.

Reactions: 1
Hey! I had the injection for around 4 years, it took around 6 month for them to come back regularly. I had a few months where it was only 2/3 days but by 6 month they’d come back normally! :) x

The first time I was on Depo it took 18 months for my period to return when I came off it. The first periods I had were not as regular and were a bit shorter in length, with spotting here and there. I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds like your cycle is on the way to getting back to normal.

I was on the depo for 10 years never bled once.

Just wanted to say something that I was never warned about and i learnt the hard way, the depo depletes your healthy cholesterol levels so make sure you regularly check this and have lots of healthy cholesterol food in your diet. I've been off the injection nearly 8 months and my levels are still low.

I was on the depo for 4 years and when I came off It I was on my period constantly for almost a year - it was horrific! I would get a couple of days break from it and then it would start again!

• Sad
I was on the depot for 7 years came off April 2016 and had first period in August 2016 then I had a period every 2 weeks until October 2016 when I fell pregnant (I came off the depot to try for a baby as was told it could take 2 years)

I would love to go back on it but my surgery has stopped doing it due to Covid - I had no periods or spotting in the 7 years I had it

Reactions: 2
I’ve just recently come off the depo after 2 years! Still no period and it’s been around 8 months? Anyone else gone this long?

and was anyone else miserable once they’ve stopped? I get constant belly cramping, I’m constantly anxious and have piled so much weight on!

• Sad
I’ve just recently come off the depo after 2 years! Still no period and it’s been around 8 months? Anyone else gone this long?

and was anyone else miserable once they’ve stopped? I get constant belly cramping, I’m constantly anxious and have piled so much weight on!
The tummy cramps are awful! Used to have my hot water bottle strapped to me constantly cos of them fuckers 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 feel for you! x

The tummy cramps are awful! Used to have my hot water bottle strapped to me constantly cos of them fuckers 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 feel for you! x
It is so horrible!! Currently dealing with it right now can’t get comfortable in bed, like a shooting pain where my belly button is!! Just constantly sick of it. Someone has recommended taking some herbal things to try and get my period back but I just really don’t know anymore!

I was on the depot for 7 years came off April 2016 and had first period in August 2016 then I had a period every 2 weeks until October 2016 when I fell pregnant (I came off the depot to try for a baby as was told it could take 2 years)

I would love to go back on it but my surgery has stopped doing it due to Covid - I had no periods or spotting in the 7 years I had it
Ask them if they can put you on Sayana Press in the meantime. My surgery moved me onto this for the same reason because you self administer so don’t need to attend surgery more than once in a 12 month period

• Heart
Ask them if they can put you on Sayana Press in the meantime. My surgery moved me onto this for the same reason because you self administer so don’t need to attend surgery more than once in a 12 month period
My nurse suggested this to me probably 5 injections ago! I think she said i have to make an appointment to be shown how to do it myself first. There was a shortage of it anyway at the time, so 🤷🏼‍♀️
my surgery is still open, so it’s not an issue for me to continue going for it there.

I thought coming off it I would lose weight but seem to have piled weight on too haha. Still no period but had it last month and the cramps were unbearable, and i broke out very badly on my face.

I want to get it again, its just my doctor surgery have stopped it for a while because they are doing covid jabs from there.. I could go into this clinic in town where they do it but they have started to do medical abortions there too so outside is full of protesters, and it just makes me so uneasy because they really hassle the people coming in and out which I couldn't be assed with, would end up lamping one of them.

I had the depo for about 2 and half years didn't bleed at all during. When I stopped it was about 6 weeks before I got my first period and then the months after was pretty regular give or take a week. I gained about 2 stone while on depo. I'm taking a progesterone only pill now for around 9 months and I have lost 1 stone and a half of what I gained and find it easier to lose weight and not be as hungry on this pill than what I was on the depo. Sadly it didn't just come off on it own afterwards was diet and exercise

I thought coming off it I would lose weight but seem to have piled weight on too haha. Still no period but had it last month and the cramps were unbearable, and i broke out very badly on my face.
ive been the same this month! Spots on my face, such bad belly cramps I’m living with the hot water bottle! And my breasts feel so heavy today! Hope it’s a sign of a period coming I’m just so fed up now. 8 months off it now.

ive been the same this month! Spots on my face, such bad belly cramps I’m living with the hot water bottle! And my breasts feel so heavy today! Hope it’s a sign of a period coming I’m just so fed up now. 8 months off it now.
Aw I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. It’s awful feeling like that. I get really bad back pain too so trying to sleep is awful as I can’t get comfortable xx

Aw I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. It’s awful feeling like that. I get really bad back pain too so trying to sleep is awful as I can’t get comfortable xx
I really feel for you I think is my worst month so far. I couldn’t sleep other night with belly ache xx

• Sad