Contraception removal during covid 19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have any of you on here booked appointments for contraception removal? I am wanting to book for my copper IUD removed in September as we want to start trying then but all online info I can find is dated around March/April stating no face to face appointments... I’m hoping this has changed as lockdown has been lifted greatly since then. I’m hoping to be able to book in advance due to knowing a lot of people will need replacements that have over run due to the pandemic so there will be difficulty getting appointments. Thought I would ask on here for real life opinions before I have to speak to the angry receptionist at my sexual health clinic tell me do I not know there is a pandemic going on ? (Yes I do know, I am having to work with it every day lol).
I’m going to be so frustrated if I’m unable to book an appointment as if I was on a different method of contraception I could just stop taking it rather than be declined removal! Rant over

Reactions: 1
There are loads of videos on YouTube about removing it yourself. If you can feel the strings you could remove it yourself.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I removed mine myself in the first week of lockdown cause I was in agony with it.
Had a smear last week, or whatever they call them now, and the nurse said our docs still isn’t doing them as the one last who does it is shielding as high risk. Which implies that they will be making appointments to remove them if a qualified person is there!

A little different but I had one put in two weeks ago. It was the first week my GP surgery had started doing them since the start of the pandemic, so I guess they would be removing them too?
I totally sympathise with your situation. I wanted mine removed last year to try for a baby and I hadn't realised my GP surgery didn't remove them. I was directed to the sexual health clinic where there was a 2 month wait for an appointment. I know in the scheme of things two months to wait is nothing, but I felt really stressed out that their was something in my body that I no longer wanted to be there and there wasn't much I could do about it.

I had my implant removed 2 weeks ago. Not to ttc but because Ive had some side effects since having it after my baby. Rang the doctors, they said they couldn't remove it there so speak to the nearest sexual health clinic and tell them the gp has told me it needs to be removed so I did and got an appointment for a week later for removal.

I would suggest exaggerating side effects instead of saying you want to conceive if you're unable to get an appointment.

I removed mine myself in the first week of lockdown cause I was in agony with it.
Had a smear last week, or whatever they call them now, and the nurse said our docs still isn’t doing them as the one last who does it is shielding as high risk. Which implies that they will be making appointments to remove them if a qualified person is there!
Oh god really was it easy? Someone above mentioned self removal I would of never thought about that but it sounds scary 😂

I had my implant removed 2 weeks ago. Not to ttc but because Ive had some side effects since having it after my baby. Rang the doctors, they said they couldn't remove it there so speak to the nearest sexual health clinic and tell them the gp has told me it needs to be removed so I did and got an appointment for a week later for removal.

I would suggest exaggerating side effects instead of saying you want to conceive if you're unable to get an appointment.
A bit of exaggerating does sound a good idea! Thankyou

A little different but I had one put in two weeks ago. It was the first week my GP surgery had started doing them since the start of the pandemic, so I guess they would be removing them too?
I totally sympathise with your situation. I wanted mine removed last year to try for a baby and I hadn't realised my GP surgery didn't remove them. I was directed to the sexual health clinic where there was a 2 month wait for an appointment. I know in the scheme of things two months to wait is nothing, but I felt really stressed out that their was something in my body that I no longer wanted to be there and there wasn't much I could do about it.
I know this is how I am going to feel if it’s unable to be removed when I want it’s like you have no control over what you do with your future at that point isn’t it!

I rang my sexual health clinic the other day about something else but they were very helpful . Worth phoning them to ask about removal. X

Oh god really was it easy? Someone above mentioned self removal I would of never thought about that but it sounds scary 😂
it was really easy but I don’t think it was meant to be! I doubt mine was in right if it hurt but it didn’t hurt when it came out

My implant was at 3years on 1st June. My GP isn't removing yet infact they're not really having many patients into the surgery.
I called and they said guidance suggests it is now effective for 4 years but advise taking the mini pill at the same time just incase. I declined the mini pill as they said I'm unlikely to get pregnant and at the moment my hormones are mental! Spots, greasy hair on day 2 after a wash, mega period pain and bleeding and beyond irritated with people. (? Due to implant decreasing hormones?)
Anyway if I get pregnant so be it...

Have any of you on here booked appointments for contraception removal? I am wanting to book for my copper IUD removed in September as we want to start trying then but all online info I can find is dated around March/April stating no face to face appointments... I’m hoping this has changed as lockdown has been lifted greatly since then. I’m hoping to be able to book in advance due to knowing a lot of people will need replacements that have over run due to the pandemic so there will be difficulty getting appointments. Thought I would ask on here for real life opinions before I have to speak to the angry receptionist at my sexual health clinic tell me do I not know there is a pandemic going on ? (Yes I do know, I am having to work with it every day lol).
I’m going to be so frustrated if I’m unable to book an appointment as if I was on a different method of contraception I could just stop taking it rather than be declined removal! Rant over
Currently my doctors are only doing face to face apps if they genuinely think they need to see you in person if not you won’t get an app unless it’s urgent. I’ve only found out I’m pregnant for the first time and they wouldn’t take me for a face to face app it was just done over the phone

I self removed mine a few years back. It was pissing me off and I watched quite a few videos on how to.
just used my middle and pointer finger to some how grab on, bared down and pulled Can’t say I would be able to do it again tho. It certainly wasn’t the easiest thing to do. But only felt mild cramping when I did it.
However I got my first period and decided I needed it back in ASAP.
Goodluck whatever you choose.

Mine is a nexplanon implant I'm my arm no way I'm getting that out myself without bleeding to death or infection.

Reactions: 2
Quick update on this incase anybody else is wondering the same, I had a phone consultation and they are going to phone me when they start taking the non urgent (over due removals, removals due to pain etc) which should be around September which is what I was hoping for anyway! Thankyou for all your responses

Reactions: 2
I had my merina replaced about 2 weeks ago. It had “run out” in May!
they had just started doing the procedure again so worth a phone call