Consumer Rights

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I’d start a general thread on this to share some success stories and tips, especially given how tight money is. I find a lot of expensive items (white goods, household appliances etc) aren’t fit for purpose these days and breakdown within two years. Unfortunately, most people will just replace out of their own pocket.

Right now I’m getting a replacement Shark as the attachment was faulty. They told me it was wear and tear and to wait for the part to come back in stock. I waited a week as advised and then stumbled upon the reviews stating the part’s been out of stock for months so they agreed to a full replacement. Thank god as I don’t have £200 to spare!

What are your wins or companies to avoid?

Reactions: 1
Argos. Bought a sofa, it showed awful wear & tear after just 5 months on the platform (very thin tissue-like material that rubbed and tore against the underside of the cushions). Someone came out to check it, verbally agreed it shouldnt have happened. Then submitted the report stating it wasnt a manufacturing problem. So, £400 down with a sofa with springs exposed and material ripped. Awful customer service.

We had a similar issue with Dreams. Someone came to check the bed and said that we had said “the bed was used as a chair” so they didn’t replace it when we didn’t say it. My aunt wasn’t in the mood to drag it out and just let it go.