Clumsiness...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may seem completely and utterly random... But is anyone else just clumsy?

I feel like I've excelled myself in the past week...

Firstly on a weekend away over Easter, I slipped on some wet decking and banged my head on it, as we were packing up the car to leave. Bruised ego (and head) but otherwise okay.
And then on Friday, I slipped carrying some washing down the stairs, and pretty much bounced down the last 5/6 stairs, my back banging off each one. I have been in so much pain since (and worried I've undone any good from a previous spine surgery), and although it's gradually easing, I do worry that if I suddenly got rushed into A&E, I'd look like a battered wife.

The worst thing is, I've had recurring nightmares for several years about falling down the stairs since doing it previously. Should I be looking to live in a bungalow? 🤣

Is this just new to you? Or has it been happening for a while now, my cousin is extremely clumsy an she has dyspraxia

Stress, anxiety an bad sleep can also cause it, I've found if my anxiety is bad or am stressed am ridiculous clumsy an am not usually

Either way I hope you feel better an haven't hurt yourself too badly

What kind of footwear did you have on? Is it possible it's whatever you're wearing or not wearing? I go flying in fluffy socks, no idea why. I also go flying when I've had a few drinks but that's entirely my own doing and I really should know better. Lack of sleep could also account for it or a busy brain whilst you're trying to do too many things at once. It might be worth a conversation with a GP - they won't automatically assume you've been beaten up, but they might put your mind at rest. And possibly buy some ibuprofen.

Yes majorly clumsy here. I posted on the rant thread about this but a few weeks ago I dropped a tub of rice all over the floor, hoovered it up. Then I dropped a tub of lentils over the floor a few days later, hoovered those up. Then when I went to empty the hoover, I dropped the hoover spilling the rice and lentils I'd previously hoovered up all over the floor again. I could have cried lol!

On top of that, I still have a nasty red scar on my knee from 5 weeks ago where I cut my knee getting out of the car. I used to work in a kitchen and I am covered in burn scars. I once dropped the cages that go into the deep fat fryer on my arm, freshly out of the fryer. Then 2 days later I dropped it again on the same spot. I now have a scar on top of a scar!

I think a lot of mine is rushing around. I'm a mile a minute all of the time, very type A personality. I think if I slowed down a bit (which I am working on) I'd be less clumsy

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes I'm generally quite clumsy, always dropping things/tripping over things. People always tell me I'm clumsy because I try to do everything at 100mph and if I just slowed down a bit these things wouldn't happen, which I suppose is true.

Reactions: 2
Yes! It's a newish thing for me and it's dropping things. Mainly my phone and someone can pass me something and I'll completely miss it and not even grab it. It's not all the time though, I can go ages being ok then it starts again.

I am so clumsy , I always have been . I don't tend to fall over so much , but I'm always spilling things and knocking things over and dropping things.

I think I've probably got dyspraxia. Someone told me once they reckon I do , too.

I modify my behaviour and take my clumsiness into account, to reduce the risk of any mis-haps

Hello all,

Thank you for replying.... At least I know I'm not alone in this now 🤣😬

In terms of footwear.... The slipping on the decking, I did have Converse on which can slip on certain flooring when it's wet. When I slipped on the stairs, I had my docs on so I probably can't blame them but I was rushing around.

My nightmares of falling down the stairs have got worse this week to the point I'm literally taking 3/4mins to walk down them. My back is still knacked from the fall, I've had several sleepless nights from pain, but it is starting to ease slightly. I haven't got any numbness in my legs (as noted from before my spinal surgery) so I think it's all just muscular.

I have had a look at the dyspraxia symptoms, and I am intrigued as I feel I have a few of them. I'm certainly going to keep an eye over the next few weeks.

And yes, ibuprofen is always in this household 👍

Can I ask what age you are? As I had a few incidents of me ending up on the ground, then had a big one. Turns out that falling is a perimenopause/menopause symptom, which was lightbulb moment for me 😬