Clothing not pattern matched

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just ordered a few items from Joanie. Absolutely love the patterns and styles but none of the seams match and it drives me bonkers. A beautiful top ruined because the seam runs right down the middle of the back and isn't matched.
Obviously this isn't just a Joanie issue, it's common practice but surely I can't be the only one this bothers to the point that it stops me purchasing items

Reactions: 3
I've just ordered a few items from Joanie. Absolutely love the patterns and styles but none of the seams match and it drives me bonkers. A beautiful top ruined because the seam runs right down the middle of the back and isn't matched.
Obviously this isn't just a Joanie issue, it's common practice but surely I can't be the only one this bothers to the point that it stops me purchasing items
If you want pattern matching you'll need to spend a bit more than what Joanie charge. Alternatively learn to dressmake. It's really not difficult and you'll realise what a rip off and badly made ready to wear clothes are.

Reactions: 1
Everything I had purchased from them has been fine, but I have seen some reviews saying people have had issues with pattern matching, or with parts of pattern looking odd because if where it sits on the garment eg having a line of large red flowers across one breast because no one thought of where the pattern would sit on someone.

However, I have a pair of pjs from Next. I can't return as they were a gift, gifted to me several months after purchase. The top is blue within small zebra on one side. The bottoms are dark blue shorts decorated with zebras. Due to bad pattern matching, it looks like I have a Zebra disappearing into my bum, as the back half of a zebra is on one side, but not on the other.

Tbh the only way it would look worse would be if the Zebra was facing the other way, like it was coming out of there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6