Cloth sanitary pads

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just started using them - this is the first period I'm trying them, and I tried a few cloth pantyliners throughout the month too, and I absolutely love them, they feel so much more comfortable than disposable pads, and tampons or menstrual cups are not an option for me as I can't stand wearing anything on the inside.

If anyone has any favourite UK based sellers, I'd love to hear your suggestions. I've got some Precious Stars pads, and some from an Etsy seller called Annie Verdi I think.

Reactions: 4
I would totally use the flower side up judging by where the poppers are, but maybe that's just me? 🤷‍♀️

I had one full period only using reusable menstrual products, and can confirm I love the cloth pads and period underwear so much more than the awful disposable ones and I've ordered more

Reactions: 10
Do you find they move about? Has anyone used bloom and nora (tots bots)

Reactions: 1
Do you find they move about? Has anyone used bloom and nora (tots bots)
I didn't find that they moved around at all really, with tight underwear (not cutting off circulation tight, I'd say just underwear in your exact size should work) and with the poppers on the bottom holding it there, they stayed in place really well.

Ooo love the look of those period pants!

I love my cloth pads, I have a reaction to disposables so this was a necessary change for me. I have some cheap ones from eBay which are okay but my faves are from a small company called Minivivi.

They are a great investment, I do find periods less painful and the washing isn't that bad really.

Reactions: 3
Hi ladies,I have just come off my first period using cloth pads
I don’t know what to think just yet, my period is 3 days and I leaked all 3 days not too bad but I leaked .
I think I need to buy snug fitting knickers.

Reactions: 2
For my pads I give mine a rinse under cold water and then put them straight into a net washing bag which goes in the wash basket. I then wash with my darks wash, I always think that the water temp will kill any bacteria anyway. I only use mine as a liner really as I use a menstrual cup.

Really recommend a cup- Amazon has a lot of brands that are quite cheap. Mine was an evocup and it cost £10 something for a 2 pack! It suits me well, and I use reusable pads at the end of my period when I'm not bleeding much

I got my pads from ebay- homemade by a lady on there, 6 for £6. There are more expensive brands online which have bamboo lining, ect, but it depends on your flow. I have a heavy flow but I don't use the pads exclusively so I don't need them to hold that quantity of blood

Really glad to have found this thread- it's good to see other people are also making the change 😀

Hi ladies,I have just come off my first period using cloth pads
I don’t know what to think just yet, my period is 3 days and I leaked all 3 days not too bad but I leaked .
I think I need to buy snug fitting knickers.
I find they sit better in your knickers if they are more fitted.
You may also need a more absorbent pad, I think they come in light, medium and heavy flow
X

I find they sit better in your knickers if they are more fitted.
You may also need a more absorbent pad, I think they come in light, medium and heavy flow
X
[/QUOTE]

One thing I noticed is they are quite absorbent,I think I leaked because the pads moved about especially at night

Hi laddies! I’ve just started using bamboo pads and I’m wondering what setting to wash them on after use? I’ve had a look at where I got them from and it doesn’t say!
It’s this thread that made me purchase and I’m glad I did!
thank you in advance 😀

Reactions: 5
Not using pads yet but when my children were in cloth nappies I used to cold wash them with only a little powder. No softener as it affects how absorbent they are. X

I have allergies to normal pads tried all different brands and non scented ones still have a reaction anyone know where i can decent cloth ones from

I really recommend Precious Stars Pads, I got my cloth ones there 4 years ago and they are still going strong. So much better for the environment and your wallet in the long run! I usually wear them as a back up when using a cup but sometimes I just use them on their own, after which I will soak them in cold water and Vanish powder before rinsing and washing in the machine. As already mentioned, don't use fabric softener on them as it can effect the absorbency, so for that reason I usually wash along with towels or my gym leggings which I also don't use softener on.

I know not everyone can wear a cup but there are so many more brands out there than Mooncup, and so while one brand of cup might not suit you another one could be great. I use a Lena Cup and love it, and there are also Saalt cups, Ruby cups, Lily cups, Lunette cups, the list goes on!

Reactions: 2
I started this thread, thought I would update it. I am now a cloth convert! In the 3 periods, I've lowered my use of disposal pads, the last period only used 1 disposal! I had originaly brought cheap ones of eBay but today ordered some off cheeky wipes and some period knickers.

Just wanted to pop on and thank everyone for the advice.

Ebay and Amazon are good for cheap ones to test out, Etsy has loads and cheeky wipes have some good deals at the moment