Cloth sanitary pads

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they help with pains? I haven’t had a period in almost 2 years but dreading when I do.

Do they help with pains? I haven’t had a period in almost 2 years but dreading when I do.
Some people say they can? But as I get older the more painful they become. I've used cloth pads now for 4-5 years

Does anyone who uses the cloth one have very heavy periods? I have fibroids and due to this I have heavy periods and heavy clots. I currently have to use night pads at day time. I had considered a moon cup but worry about how to empty it at work? Sorry if tmi

Does anyone who uses the cloth one have very heavy periods? I have fibroids and due to this I have heavy periods and heavy clots. I currently have to use night pads at day time. I had considered a moon cup but worry about how to empty it at work? Sorry if tmi
That’s me too, and I haven’t leaked once using cloth!

Reactions: 1
Cups are very easy to change apparently. Maybe look at some YouTube videos. I personally cant use cups or any internal products so I'm not much help there!

Cups are very easy to change apparently. Maybe look at some YouTube videos. I personally cant use cups or any internal products so I'm not much help there!
I think what the OP meant was rinsing the cup out at work would be tricky if you there are no hand basins in the actual cubicle .

For me personally that was the issue

I'm really interested in this , I'm having problems with sanitary towles irritating me , I bleed sho heavy I usually leak so I need something very very absorbent.
How do you wash them ? Presumably not with other things ? Or do you need to rinse them out before going in the washing machine ?
I have been using wuka period pants for over a year, I have really heavy periods and often leaked. The wuka pants are comfy, wash in the machine, good quality and no leaks. Hope this helps

Reactions: 3
I think what the OP meant was rinsing the cup out at work would be tricky if you there are no hand basins in the actual cubicle .

For me personally that was the issue
A few videos I've seen people take a water bottle and some fem hygiene wipes :)

The issue is I'm a District nurse so I'd either be using a public toilet or asking to use a patients which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing. Not sure I could do it in the public toilets lol

The issue is I'm a District nurse so I'd either be using a public toilet or asking to use a patients which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing. Not sure I could do it in the public toilets lol
That makes complete sense! Some of the pads you can get are amazingly absorbent. Educate yourself on different types of pads and materiels used in making pads and you should be able to find the right pad for you. My go to brand and pads are from honour your flow, they are amazingly absorbent, beautiful and so well made. But I know a few that hate them due to shape and size. Another great seller is yurtcraft, so absorbent yet so slim but an American seller so can be pricey in shipping and tax! Crimson moon (a brilliant UK seller which does customs pads) do/did incontinence level pads which are rated highly so I'm pretty sure there will be a pad out there for you. It's just finding it, search YouTube, Facebook groups and search Etsy for sellers as there is so many different ones which are all good buy some, give them a go. If you don't like them, sell them on and get more.

If I end up in a toilet without a sink and need to empty it, I usually empty it onto some tissue in the toilet and then wipe it clean before reusing it. I will then wash it properly next time I'm at a sink

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend any small businesses that make them?
Honour your flow (website), crimson moon (Etsy and Facebook group) and MuffDusters (Etsy). (UK based companies. All small!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3