Cloth sanitary pads

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started this thread, thought I would update it. I am now a cloth convert! In the 3 periods, I've lowered my use of disposal pads, the last period only used 1 disposal! I had originaly brought cheap ones of eBay but today ordered some off cheeky wipes and some period knickers.

Just wanted to pop on and thank everyone for the advice.
I’m converted too!! Loving them!
Can anyone recommend a place to buy them
I got mine from eBay. 10 pack for £15 I think it was 😁

Reactions: 1
I started this thread, thought I would update it. I am now a cloth convert! In the 3 periods, I've lowered my use of disposal pads, the last period only used 1 disposal! I had originaly brought cheap ones of eBay but today ordered some off cheeky wipes and some period knickers.

Just wanted to pop on and thank everyone for the advice.
How do use period knickers ?
I am currently using cloth pads,I love them .

Me too! Rinsing then is a bit grim I thought last month this must be what it smells like cutting a body up in the bath but I feel like I’m saving the environment, money and also getting less nappy rash (v heavy bleeder soz!)

• Haha
How do use period knickers ?
I am currently using cloth pads,I love them .
I think you can wear them as just normally knickers and change throughout the day or to wear a pad on top then take the pad out.

Me too! Rinsing then is a bit grim I thought last month this must be what it smells like cutting a body up in the bath but I feel like I’m saving the environment, money and also getting less nappy rash (v heavy bleeder soz!)
I've not noticed a smell at all, I noticed some sites sell essential oils to soak them in. Might be worth a try?

I bought some from eBay just as lockdown started as lots of supermarkets ran out of pads... Best thing ever. Super good quality. I paid about £18 for 22 of them. They came from China. Really good quality. I have a heavy flow and I felt these held a lot more liquid than even 'night time' throwaway pads.... Need to try a cup next!

Does anyone who uses the cloth one have very heavy periods? I have fibroids and due to this I have heavy periods and heavy clots. I currently have to use night pads at day time. I had considered a moon cup but worry about how to empty it at work? Sorry if tmi
So you have a seperate disabled toilet at work with a sink it in to use? I have heavy periods and with a cloth one I thought to myself 'theres hardly any blood, why not. Has my period stopped '... It hadn't it's just that the fleecy material soaks it up and keeps it in the fabric so much better than throwaway pad. Would def recommend

Reactions: 4
I swear by them, they are better for the environment, you only have the initial outlay, they are more comfortable, and great if you don't get on with tampons and cups which imo are irritating.

Hello all - new to this thread. I want to same a question and hope it’s not TMI but going by the subject it should be fine.

I am interested in reusable pads or period pants, whichever would be more suitable. However, I don’t know if I will be able to find anything that would work for me and I am concerned I don’t have loads of excess cash to waste.

I used to use tampons until a few years ago when I started getting a reaction to them. Basically if I used them I get swelling, I do occasionally I do get generally swelling with a period but not often these days. I have been using sanitary towels since, however, I don’t know if this is just my body being weird or due to the fact I am a very big girl (size 24) but I can’t use a sanitary towel conventionally. I can only wear long towels and I wear them ‘back to front’. I need the long tail worn to the front as this is where most my blood goes, if that makes sense? If I wear ‘Normal’ length ones (either way round) I get so much leakage.

Is there a reusable towel out there that’s extra long that I could use in the same way? Any period pants that would work? I must say period pants do look like the absorbency bit should be high enough at the front. I’m concerned as it’s not like I could wear the pants backwards 😂 thanks for taking the time to read x

Hello all - new to this thread. I want to same a question and hope it’s not TMI but going by the subject it should be fine.

I am interested in reusable pads or period pants, whichever would be more suitable. However, I don’t know if I will be able to find anything that would work for me and I am concerned I don’t have loads of excess cash to waste.

I used to use tampons until a few years ago when I started getting a reaction to them. Basically if I used them I get swelling, I do occasionally I do get generally swelling with a period but not often these days. I have been using sanitary towels since, however, I don’t know if this is just my body being weird or due to the fact I am a very big girl (size 24) but I can’t use a sanitary towel conventionally. I can only wear long towels and I wear them ‘back to front’. I need the long tail worn to the front as this is where most my blood goes, if that makes sense? If I wear ‘Normal’ length ones (either way round) I get so much leakage.

Is there a reusable towel out there that’s extra long that I could use in the same way? Any period pants that would work? I must say period pants do look like the absorbency bit should be high enough at the front. I’m concerned as it’s not like I could wear the pants backwards 😂 thanks for taking the time to read x

I'm a "front" bleeder too so tend to pull the cloth pads further forward in my knickers, I did get some off eBay that were larger one end so I wear them backwards too!

I've had ordered the knickers but not worn them yet but the lining looks like it will be perfect for me.

I ordered some cheap ones of eBay to see how I got on before buying more expensive ones, I know everyone's abit wary at the moment but I got the larger ones from China, think it was £6 for 5.

Reactions: 2
I'm a "front" bleeder too so tend to pull the cloth pads further forward in my knickers, I did get some off eBay that were larger one end so I wear them backwards too!

I've had ordered the knickers but not worn them yet but the lining looks like it will be perfect for me.

I ordered some cheap ones of eBay to see how I got on before buying more expensive ones, I know everyone's abit wary at the moment but I got the larger ones from China, think it was £6 for 5.
The j you so much! I know this might sound so silly but I didn’t know if it was just me who was a front breeder 😂 I’m fairly open with things with people but it’s not something I’ve ever asked anyone else. I shall have a look on eBay - it’s good to know that the cloth pads would work. Have a large selection of disposable to work through first though, that was my apparent panic buy, I seem to have loads

The j you so much! I know this might sound so silly but I didn’t know if it was just me who was a front breeder 😂 I’m fairly open with things with people but it’s not something I’ve ever asked anyone else. I shall have a look on eBay - it’s good to know that the cloth pads would work. Have a large selection of disposable to work through first though, that was my apparent panic buy, I seem to have loads
Ha me too! My sister dropped my daughter's birthday present on our doorstep the other day and I left her a pack of disposables so I could shut my drawer! She was very confused! 🤣