Clickbate phrases and Stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else just absolutely sick and tired of stupid clickbate and none stories clogging up the entire Internet?

I was fine when it was just those weird ones that would appear at the bottom of a page saying stuff like ' You won't believe what Honey Boo Boo Looks like now!' Or ' Doctors dislike her! Women from your local area discovers secret to skin care'.

But now they are everywhere. Even actually newspapers/news sights are stuffed with clickbate headlines and strangely written word salad articles that take 1000 words to say nothing in particular.

My personal most hated ones at the moment are

1) celebrity's shocking/suprise xxxxx number of words response to a question' . Usually the response turns out to be something bland, normal and expected, whilst the headline pretends that it is so witty they must be the next Oscar Wilde.

2) TV show 'pulled from the air/cancelled' in shocking schedule change. This means the football is on. Closely related to ' x to replace y in shocking schedule change', meaning that thw normal host is on holiday and they have a stand in.

3) fans are all thinking XXXX after watching XXXX, meaning we went on twitter and 3 people all had the same weird opinion so we will copy that rather than pay for a television critic to write a proper review.

I feel like that articles like this are trying to force me to lower my intelligence and overreact to everything.

Anyone else have any particular hates?

Reactions: 2
When headlines scream that fans "work out" a secret coming up in a soap or a complex connection between 2 characters which is purely made up and based on something one person has posted on twitter. Though usually the theory is far more interesting than the actual storyline written by professionals

Reactions: 4
When headlines scream that fans "work out" a secret coming up in a soap or a complex connection between 2 characters which is purely made up and based on something one person has posted on twitter. Though usually the theory is far more interesting than the actual storyline written by professionals
I have seen fans working out that corrie will have its first thruple about once a month for the last 2 years. Anytime how it should be coming....

Reactions: 1
The ones that are like "Netflix fans go crazy for 'insanely good' new thriller series".

And when you look at it, its something from 2017 that gets about 5.2 on IMDB.

Also the quote-mining ones, where they make out that a celeb has said something bitchy or controversial, but when you read it, it's actually really banal and been taken out of context.

Reactions: 5
...3) fans are all thinking XXXX after watching XXXX, meaning we went on twitter and 3 people all had the same weird opinion so we will copy that rather
Don't forget including the twitter screenshot and then writing out the content of the tweet.

I hate the 'you've been doing it wrong' ones. You've been boiling your eggs wrong, combing your hair wrong, cutting up a melon wrong. You haven't it's just that some loser on TikTok has dreamed up a stupid alternative way to do it

I hate the 'you've been doing it wrong' ones. You've been boiling your eggs wrong, combing your hair wrong, cutting up a melon wrong. You haven't it's just that some loser on TikTok has dreamed up a stupid alternative way to do it
This is like that episode of Southpark when they find out that they sit on the toilet wrong.

Morning Live had a feature the other day on how to slice cheese more effectively. I felt embarrassed for them. Their top tip was to put the cheesegrater on its side so the cheese falls inside it, then you can carry it to where it needs to go easily.

• Haha
The other day it was ‘tv presenter missing’. The actual ‘story’ was Kate Garraway had a day off.

There's been a lot of this today with "Katie Prices exciting baby news"...her sister is pregnant. Total clickbait to look like she herself is pregnant 🙄

When ads include your town name … oh my God, must buy this because local people are!

Articles speculating on if there will be another series of a TV show.... when the show ended in such a way that a 2nd series would be impossible or have no story to cover.

I literally saw articles asking this about a show that killed off everyone in the last episode.