Classic Sitcoms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No need for a wordy intoduction, I'm sure we all have our favourites. I have titled the thread Classic Sitcoms, so you don't feel limited to discussing British comedy, but it is perfectly fine if that is what you want. So lets reminice about our all time favourite sitcoms.

Reactions: 3
It depends on your definition of "classic".

I'm only 27, so am only aware of sitcoms from the 90s onwards. But I would include Blackadder, Black Books, Father Ted, Phoenix Nights, Scrubs and IT Crowd.

That said I have seen the odd episode of Porridge, Steptoe and Son, Open All Hours, MASH and Fawlty Towers

Reactions: 5
My favourites are Bottom, anything Partridge, Green Wing, Black Books, Spaced, Father Ted, Nighty Night!

My favourites;
British 70s/80s/90s: Only Fools and Horses, Keeping Up Appearances, Blackadder, Hi-De-Hi, The League of Gentleman, Alan Partridge/Coogan stuff from this era, Father Ted, Absolutely Fabulous, The Vicar of Dibley, Dad's Army, Dinnerladies, One Foot in the Grave

British 00s onwards: Black Books, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, The IT Crowd, Phoenix Nights, The Book Group, Man Down, Ideal, Nighty Night, Jam and Jerusalem, Toast of London, Upstart Crow, Siblings, Uncle, The Inbetweeners

US: Frasier

Australian: Kath and Kim

This is all I can think of right now.

Reactions: 1
Keeping up appearances.

To the manor born - I really enjoyed this . Originally before my time but all of the episodes were repeated in the afternoons when I was out of work.

I say more recent ones , but they aren't that recent -
Phoenix nights / Max and Paddy's road to nowhere
The Mighty Boosh

Steptoe and son, The Likely Lads, Only Fools and Horses,Citizen Smith, Father Ted,Keeping up Appearances and One foot in the grave.o

Reactions: 2
The Young Ones, Spaced, IT Crowd, Father Ted, Black Books, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Nighty Night, Inbetweeners, Peep Show, The League of Gentleman, I'm Alan Partridge, Extras.

Some mothers do have 'em
Robin's Nest
Just good Friends
Liver Birds
To the Manor Born
The Good Life
Only Fools
Father Ted
Porridge
Dad's Army
Vicar of Dibley
Drop the Dead Donkey
Rab C Nesbit
Butterflies
Watching
Gimme Gimme
Ab Fab

My favourites, classics and modern classics.

Only Fools and Horses
The Good Life
Open All Hours
Keeping Up Appearances
Absolutely Fabulous
dinnerladies
My Family
Vicar of Dibley

I'm only 28 but I've recently found out about some mothers do have em and oh my life, its my sort of comedy! I'm not a fan of modern smutty sweary stuff. Oh Betty you mustn't be upset! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve love Keeping Up Appearances & Dinnerladies! I love the old Mr Bean series too.

More ‘modern’ sitcoms I like are Extras, Ab Fab, Scrubs and Peep Show.

Reactions: 4
The ones I can watch time and time again are only fools and horses, the thin blue line, keeping up appearances, fawlty towers, absolutely fabulous, gimme gimme gimme and the royle family.

Frasier - My favourite show of all time. It can still make me laugh whilst watching.
Peep show
It crowd
Miranda
Friends - I only started watching this year. Still on season 6.
I also liked Keeping up appearances.

Steptoe and son,Citizen Smith, The good life, One foot in the grave, Father Ted, The Likely Lads,Till death us do part.Only fools and horses, Keeping up Appearances.

Keeping Up Appearances
Goodnight Sweetheart
Birds of a Feather (didn't like it when the actors who played the husbands changed in the BBC series though, and not really into the ITV revival at all)
The Brittas Empire
One Foot in the Grave
Friends
Frasier
The Golden Girls
2Point4 Children
Absolutely Fabulous (but only the first three series, I found it lost the magic after The Last Shout special)

I love old sitcoms. Watch them a lot.

Also love Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, and really old classics like Bewitched and Happy Days.