Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ktb

VIP Member
Save the cobbles the residents are whining whilst Deidre & Dev are 69’ing

thread suggestion

• Haha
Reactions: 18

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Jez Quigley imo is the most menacing baddie the show has ever had. I find him incredibly frightening, it’s his ‘smile’.
Some people have short memories….😉

6C456A1A-16AB-4C0C-A6BD-21B7AB74962C.jpeg

——————

Martin is the least sexual person I’ve seen on TV. He made “I can’t bear not touching you” sound as sexy as “there’s an ingrown toenail in cubicle 3”

• Haha
Reactions: 17

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I had to find this post because every time I see 'Mah Un' on Corrie now I think of it 😆😆
- bobs his head like a chicken, espec when angry
- carries his hold-all in a strange way
- surgically attached to his leather jacket
- less sexual charisma than a cardboard box

Can totally see why he’s got two women on the go 😳

• Haha
  • Heart

eeeee1

Chatty Member
What a shock, I’m behind again 🙄, I have no idea who Amy is yet!

It can’t be just me who noticed at an early stage that Jimmi Harkishin is perhaps not up there with the Anthony Hopkins’ of the world, I can’t believe he’s still there now!
Around this era, I had a little crush on Dev AND Jez and asked my mum for posters of them for my 9th birthday.
Snakey men obviously did it for 8 year old me.

• Haha

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I wish Corrie was acted and written like today's was. Apart from Martin who acted like Reggie Kray running down the hospital corridors with his cheap leather coat flapping.

Also how can Sarah be such a good actress as a child and have the charisma of a lump of lard now 20 years later? It's like a completely different person

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Chip1984

VIP Member
Poor Ashley fretting over flying. There's more chance of dying in a tram crash. Oh, wait....🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Ktb

VIP Member
One thing to be thankful for the first Lockdown was having the time to rediscover Coronation Street.
It really has lost its shine in comparison to these classic episodes.
And I appreciate and “get” the older characters now I’m 20+ years older.
Fred Elliot and Les Battersby have to be the loudest soap characters though, I have to turn telly down a notch when they’re on.
I do miss Deidre though, she was such a loss to the show, bless her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Antony gives me the creeps and I don’t know why. I think it’s the way he leers into view whenever he walks into the shop to talk to Reet Petite with his bowtie

I bet he kept his bowtie on when he and Rita did the deed as well

A55B4B89-A543-48BB-92B4-189BE03999E0.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Jez Quigley imo is the most menacing baddie the show has ever had. I find him incredibly frightening, it’s his ‘smile’.

Maid22

VIP Member
That was some episode!! Loved Roy's speech! Soon be saying cheerio now to Jim, which was a shame, he was so much better without Liz! And Gary was so much better with his new girlfriend instead of Judy!

Sprezza

VIP Member
A bit weird that Kevin never mentions his dead wife or son in the following 20 or however many years after this. It's like this storyline never happened.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
When did Eileen turn into the sourfaced misery we know today?

I like her blunt humour in these old episodes!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

eeeee1

Chatty Member
Haven't watched Corrie in years but I always hated Fiz, whether it's the actress or the character I don't know but my fists start to clench just thinking about her 🤔
I used to think this but my brother did a tv project with her last year, got on really well and now they go on double dates together with their partners. Apparently she’s dead nice. The Fiz character could have gone in a better direction - I just think the writing and character development on the show has been awful for about 15 years.

IngressUK

VIP Member
Loved all the outfits! Blanche saying “what on earth does Deirdre look like… at her age?” really tickled me

View attachment 989584
I make no apologies for saying this.

Corrie of today is crap in comparison to Corrie of yesteryear.

It is as if the production staff of today don't know how to make hugely entertaining soap.

Corrie started to go downhill in the 2000's, it started to nosedive in the 2010's and will probably be in terminal decline in the 2020's.

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
The episodes in Blackpool are the best in a long time. Malcom Hebden (Norris) stole every scene he was in, I never realised what a fantastic character he was.

• Heart