Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure she has her own doubts about this career move and that's why she's so defensive. She needs to accept that making this change is also hard for her viewers who thought she lived for her job, adored her coworkers, and loved being on the news.

Reactions: 6
Thread title suggestion:

Clancy Burke #2 She’s touring America for a while but will she make it down the aisle?

Reactions: 6
She contradicts herself every 10 minutes. Gets offended when people comment on her constant whining, says she wants to be authentic and honest when things go wrong. Were you honest when you hated your job for months and put on a happy facade always? Says she accepts the fact people come and go and how that's totally normal, then says it's just trolls who tell her that. I personally remember seeing a very respectful comment saying sth like "I used to really enjoy your content but it's just not for me anymore". Clancy herself answered that it's normal and okay. Now she goes ahead and tells everyone who no longer likes her vlogs that they're trolls and "should just leave"? Even that person who very nicely expressed an opinion and clearly respects her, must go immediately after she no longer gains anything out of them? It's really disappointing the way she handled that.
shes being super dismissive with her long time followers who are used to her old news reporter content. she's taking it way to personally but acting like she has a thick skin when really she doesnt. ill be honest, she needs work with this whole travel vlog. LOTS OF WORK. maybe save money and invest in a drone and get some cool drone clips. watch some other travel vloggers to get some ideas...my favorite travel couple to watch who recently just went to full time traveling the world is dan and chelle. unfortunately zac just doensnt have youtube personality. she either needs to keep him out of the videos and get creative on her own and explore or dump him because he just seems miserable and misses cincinnati and his friends. i want to enjoy these "travel vlogs" but theres not much traveling and sight seeeing just her talking to a camera in a bed room a majority of the vlog cpmplaining about her spray tan (first world problems) also other things like sweet potatoes, outfits, she needs to be more humble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I agree with you Kendal, I don't like country music but isn't nashville famous for that? I'm learning nothing about the place apart from the inside of an Airbnb or chain gyms/restaurants/grocery stores. She needs to up her game and dump the wet blanket.

Reactions: 4
I agree with you Kendal, I don't like country music but isn't nashville famous for that? I'm learning nothing about the place apart from the inside of an Airbnb or chain gyms/restaurants/grocery stores. She needs to up her game and dump the wet blanket.
Yes nashville is KNOWN for country music. Take a tour of the celebrities houses, go to the grand olde opry or whatever it’s called lol SOMETHING BESIDES SWEET POTATOES!

Reactions: 2
shes being super dismissive with her long time followers who are used to her old news reporter content. she's taking it way to personally but acting like she has a thick skin when really she doesnt. ill be honest, she needs work with this whole travel vlog. LOTS OF WORK. maybe save money and invest in a drone and get some cool drone clips. watch some other travel vloggers to get some ideas...my favorite travel couple to watch who recently just went to full time traveling the world is dan and chelle. unfortunately zac just doensnt have youtube personality. she either needs to keep him out of the videos and get creative on her own and explore or dump him because he just seems miserable and misses cincinnati and his friends. i want to enjoy these "travel vlogs" but theres not much traveling and sight seeeing just her talking to a camera in a bed room a majority of the vlog cpmplaining about her spray tan (first world problems) also other things like sweet potatoes, outfits, she needs to be more humble.
Agreed. She is vapid and uninteresting.

I'm sure she has her own doubts about this career move and that's why she's so defensive. She needs to accept that making this change is also hard for her viewers who thought she lived for her job, adored her coworkers, and loved being on the news.
Exactly. Like I said before, she's gaslight-y. Like, she really did lie to her long time viewers FOR YEARS about her true feelings about her job. And then she drops the truth like a bomb and then turns around and lashes out and calls the ppl having trouble w the shift/dishonesty "trolls". Like it's THEIR fault for having an issue w the very sudden changes. She lied. And she lied a lot. It isn't the fault of her faithful followers that they are having trouble adjusting. It's HER fault. She just isn't going to take responsibility and is CLEARLY ungrateful. We can just leave, she says. Cool cool cool. I won't let the door hit my ass on my way out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Most of us on here actually want the best for her. She just complains a lot and is self absorbed. Plus this thread is really nice compared to other people's.

Honestly, I could never do YouTube (besides the fact I'm not attractive lol) because I know I'm sensitive af. Major YouTubers/celebs in general don't usually address comments and complain. You will end up in more hot water. Just be a better person + get rid of Zac. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Same ole thing..her face whining at the camera in a house. I hope she gets better at this. and why does she drag Zac in the vlogs if he doesn't want to be in them. Plenty of utubers have partners who they mention or who peek in every now and then but choose not to be on camera. its fine.

I actually think she's afraid of failure...
Completely that's why she had terrible anxiety for her reporting job. I don't believe a word she says anymore, I don't believe she is happy with this new lifestyle, probably covering up about the night sweats which I am sure are continuing!

Reactions: 1
I actually think she's afraid of failure...
Exactly. She takes her self entirely to seriously and is absolutely terrified to fail. She’s even said before she doesn’t lose well she’s so competitive blah blah. Precisely why her and zacs relationship is a damn contest 24/7.

She should just admit the news reporting job wasn't working out and not how she expected it to be...and that they're both not sure about the marriage..it isn't that hard.

Completely that's why she had terrible anxiety for her reporting job. I don't believe a word she says anymore, I don't believe she is happy with this new lifestyle, probably covering up about the night sweats which I am sure are continuing!
i think she just has anxiety. like really really really bad anxiety. like she has to cover up her flaws constantly and is just overly self conscious about everything. anxiety about what people think of her, anxiety about her having no routine really, anxiety about her and zacs relationship and how this traveling thing is going to go between them.

i think she just has anxiety. like really really really bad anxiety. like she has to cover up her flaws constantly and is just overly self conscious about everything. anxiety about what people think of her, anxiety about her having no routine really, anxiety about her and zacs relationship and how this traveling thing is going to go between them.

I think she just avoids taking responsibility for her OWN decisions and blames everyone else. I've never seen anyone with terrible anxiety blame everyone else for their own decisions.

Looking back she definitely wasn't a good news reporter though. She constantly complained, had issues with her stuff (which I'm sure is normal but with her it was like everyday lmao), and would be vlogging instead of getting ready. I'm not sure how her weather reporting was. Imagine waking up and someone complaining and not having a fun time. I would not want to see that one my TV. I'm sure the rating went up when she left. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She isn't growing as a travel vlogger either. Maybe she should pick something else in general.
Meh, I don't remember her complaining on air. She saved that for the vlog. I actually thought on-air she was pretty good. She brought the pep and was good at making people excited about whatever she was covering. She was much better than the news people in my market (comparable market size to Cincy).

Agree that you're not a travel vlogger unless you're actually showing us things about the city, not generic bars and running the same errands you'd run if you were at home. I couldn't care less how many people you're meeting up with. I want to see Nashville. She needs to follow some legit travel vloggers or even real estate You Tubers who do those "10 Things to Know about (city name) Before Moving Here" or whatever.

Reactions: 7
Her videos are so stale and boring. She’s traveling but all she’s doing now is just same ole talking to the camera in a bedroom, cheesy b-roll with that cringey song, and some more bickering with Zac. She is very defensive about her decision to leave TV news bc she has NO plan B, if YouTube fails what is she going to do? Go to a 9-5? You certinaly can’t vlog if you have a 9-5 job, they’ll fire you. Never mind the fact she bacially left Local12 because someone made a comment about the YouTube channel (probably in passing). She lets things get to her too easily. I’ve not watched her last 3 videos, doubt I’ve missed anything. College influencers are more interesting than her.

Her videos are so stale and boring. She’s traveling but all she’s doing now is just same ole talking to the camera in a bedroom, cheesy b-roll with that cringey song, and some more bickering with Zac. She is very defensive about her decision to leave TV news bc she has NO plan B, if YouTube fails what is she going to do? Go to a 9-5? You certinaly can’t vlog if you have a 9-5 job, they’ll fire you. Never mind the fact she bacially left Local12 because someone made a comment about the YouTube channel (probably in passing). She lets things get to her too easily. I’ve not watched her last 3 videos, doubt I’ve missed anything. College influencers are more interesting than her.
You sure haven’t missed anything. Oatmeal here sweet potatoes there. Angry balding fiancé in the background, shooting his jabs. I totally agree with you about her plan B or lack thereof. I think she thought if she quit her job she could produce more content and make more money when in fact the reporter content is why she had such a large audience in the first place. Her face in the camera, shopping for some god awful Ill fitting clothes and SWEET POTATOES ain’t cutting it. It’s all down hill from here.

A while ago I critiqued Miss Clance for being so judgmental about those who were making different medical decisions than her, and in turn got a fair bit of judgment for saying so on this board, but my point was, being a reporter, she could have been curious about the differing opinions of others instead of shaming others for being different. I think we're seeing that personality trait being carried on now in her travels: where is her reporter hat in finding out the secrets of Nashville? Maybe that's why she hated being a reporter - she really wasn't that interested in investigating the world. In the enneagram, there is an investigator personality type, and a separate entertainer personality type - Clancy is probably the latter.
I actually think Clancy has amazing talent as a public speaker, so I do see success for her.
And I actually like Zac due to his sobering effect - their contrast is pretty entertaining. Definitely a quiet war going on there, though.
While Clancy cajoles, Zac broods...

i was watching her old new reporter blooper videos and i honestly do miss those days. she was a fantastic reporter with such passion and enthusiasm. i do hope she considers going back or at least working a different shift. ithink it was more of her weird schedule that stressed her out, not the job it self. i could be wrong. but she has way more views 2 or 3 years ago than with her new vlogs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.