Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I stopped watching when she mentioned not checking your bank account so often. It made me laugh. She has no idea that some people’s reality is constantly checking if they’ll have enough for the next gas pump, grocery trip, or emergency expense. It came across so dense to tell people to ignore it for a bit…..living paycheck to paycheck is no joke and she’s never experienced that.

Reactions: 13

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
I've stopped watching but was one of the tips get your parents to pay for you college education and then return to their house at 27 to live rent free?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t think Clancy could be less self-aware or tone deaf.
I thought that too. And then I got into about 3 minutes of her latest video and was proven wrong.

I have a lot of thoughts about this video and her channel. I've said it before, I have someone in my life like this and it is exhausting and painful.

She is all over the place since she made the decision to quit her TV News Reporting Job. She has been driving that bus, and she has been like a ping pong ball. Zac has little to no input or choice. She has a lot of excuses and justifications as to why everything happens. Zac's illness being the big one. But really, she is just immature, unstable and making all of these impulse moves that make no sense. I think maybe the house now thing is because she's worried about her channel and qualifying for a mortgage if she keeps losing subscribers. And she can get more for money in Cincinnati market. That is not a bad thing, but it's clearly not what Zac had expressed and what they were talking even just several weeks ago.

I feel like the timing is weird with this video, almost as if she's trying to prove a point (fail) or distract from posting about what's next, house-hunting, wedding, future plans. As in a filler video that no one requested or wants.

The other day, I was thinking about the few YT's/Content Creators that I follow and enjoy, and I noticed that they genuinely care about the content as far as their viewers are concerned. Like it is a collaborative effort. And you can tell that they read the comments and there is depth, even in a social media platform. It seems that Clancy just talks about what Clancy wants, does, thinks and feels. That may have served her when she was a teenager, but she's in her mid-20's. Like no one really wants a very (smug, condescending) tutorial on saving money when she and her fiancé each live in their parents' super nice houses right now. Like how are you gonna lecture (because that's how it comes across) your viewers about saving money live from your childhood bedroom in your parents' home? And the way she talks with her contorted voice and head wiggles over other people's choices or what real people have to do in the real world are embarrassing. When she was talking about coworkers who really waited for payday and then spent their money on frivolous things? That is hella judgmental. Were these people parents? Because every parent who struggles to provide for their child(ren) worries and wonders about what others may think if they do anything nice. So, now we know. Um, didn't she end up buying a brand-new car after she accidentally walked into the wrong dealership because the ride was so smooth, and she wanted a remote starter?

Does she really think she is working-class, pulled herself up by her bootstraps, self-made, humble pie Clancy??

Reactions: 11
I am begging on my knees for this woman to grasp the concept of privilege and gain some perspective. She truly said, and this is a direct quote, “There’s so many reasons why it’s not a level playing field, so don’t stress about it. Like truly, do not.”
So if you’re low income, historically discriminated against, and/or experiencing poverty, just don’t stress about it. ❤
Wow that makes me so angry.
---
Also wow

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

puddingjuice

Okay I may be on the verge of being done with her vlogs. Clancy has really outdone herself with showing what a shallow airhead she is.

She thinks she’s in a funk because of the weather - but she doesn’t even consider it might be the fact that she has no purpose. Nothing to look forward to. No projects, no jobs, no passions…She only just started writing a book just because Carly is writing a book, and she’s already putting wayyyy too much pressure on herself about it. She never should have even publicized the fact that she’s writing a book because it will only put more pressure on her. She’s clearly not doing it for herself. It’s just another thing to check off her list.

And the drama around her appearance is crazy. “How did I walk around in this world as human looking like that” — about her eyebrows. And “my teeth are as yellow as a school bus” — about her teeth.

Girl needs some meditation, some weed, some psychotherapy or a combo of all three 😭 life is short, and she is spending it worrying about these insanely trivial things. Sad.

And for gods sake they need to cut Walter’s nails. Poor guy is probably so uncomfortable and in pain.

candyclouds

Omg Zac so blatantly just using his phone while driving in the last vlog??? Didn't even have one hand on the wheel at some points, barely paying attention to the road! Clancy constantly brags about being such a goody two shoes yet allows that and shows it to her viewers? Think that says a lot.

Her being so dramatic like "I've been saving for this since I was 21 and it just feels like it's never going to happen for me" - uhhh Clancy you being 21 was only 6 years ago and you're talking about buying your 'dream house' at 27. Jesus someone give this girl some perspective 😂

Reactions: 10

puddingjuice

Her argument for staying in Cincinnati is because of friends and family she doesn’t have lol. And Zac doesn’t even want to stay and he’s the one with the social network.

I laughed out loud when she said she only just realized she hasn’t worked on herself for a decade (in other words she hasn’t personally grown). Duh.

Anyway this video confirmed her future vlogging path will be all about living the pseudo-American dream: church, suburbia, burn boot camps, unnecessarily big house, kids, etc. Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that’s what you like but combine that with her personality and it’s just soul sucking.

gemstone111

i think the main breakdown in their relationship stems from the fact that Zac doesn't want to leave Ohio and Clancy doesn't want to stay in Ohio. They have other issues, but this is the one that I think is the catalyst for what we are seeing. It was Clancy's idea to travel, and she was the one who was really trying hard to sign a lease while they were in Florida (probably because she knew it might not happen if they don't do it right then and there.) Zac was never going to want to leave Ohio full time, and I think his stomach/side issues are mental. He is anxious about the change, but doesn't want to tell Clancy about it, because she has made her intentions with movie to St. Pete's pretty clear.

I also think Clancy doesn't acknowledge that its a lot easier for her to leave Ohio when she doesn't have that many strong ties. Zac's family is there, and he is a lot more social than she is and has a ton of friends. Zac clearly likes going out with friends, and values that a lot more than Clancy. It seems like Clancy only has a couple of friends that are not 'Zac's friends' if you know what I mean, so I doubt she cares about moving somewhere where she doesn't have a lot of friends because she already doesn't have many. (I also think this is why they opted out of a wedding party because Zac probably had a lot more close friends than Clancy and it would've been very unbalanced.)

I havent been on this thread in a while because... frankly I'm bored of Clancy.
When I started watching her, I loved her enthusiasm and her content (even if her eating habits annoyed me) but since she quit her job, I feel like she's lost her USP. I like seeing behind the scenes of different industries, how people do the jobs they do, how they get the motivation, inspiration, creativity. Finding stories etc. Looking back I feel like she was coasting at her job. I mean that's fine, and I'm all for living the life that makes you happy, but I think again she's coasting and a bit... lost. Now, shes like every other mediocre vlogger out there. Doing the same repetitive stuff every vlog. Her family seems uncomfortable, Zach couldn't hide his contempt for the camera. I genuinely hope that he finds out what's going on with him, because as someone with a chronic illness, I understand his frustrations, but the moaning about it is really....annoying.

I think what I'm trying to say is that as a 40 year old woman with a family, a house and a career, I no longer relate to a former professional-cum-influencer, spoiled twenty something living with her parents and spending soooooo much money. (Where did the frugality go?) I think I'm done with Ms Burke.

I thought it was mean when her dad walked in and said "let's just see how stupid dad is " with her mom's gown. I would never call my parents stupid after everything they've done for me (your free education isn't so stupid, Clancy), dress styles are just something some people don't know much about, no need to insult him :(

gemstone111

does anyone else get "not like other girls" vibes from Clancy sometimes? like when talking about the wedding she was like "i know most girls want this and dream about this, but i don't care, i'm not like other girls so i don't care." she speaks like this all the time, like she is so special and unique. i'm not surprised she doesn't have that many close female friends.

I'm sorry, but this is just not true and I'm speaking as someone who was a TV reporter herself and now makes videos for corporate media. To suggest her skillset has not changed and tech or social media has not changed in 5 years is objectively false.
There’s HARD work and there is work that takes a long time to do. Which are you referring to? When I said it’s not hard work I meant that she already knows how to do her job. She already knows how to create a video and edit it and post it. On top of that, she’s not really coming out with anything new. It’s just her same routine over and over again. And I will bet that since she’s done this for YEARS, editing the video does not take up much time. She was even doing so while she was a reporter. Hard work is work that challenges you. This isn’t challenging or hard for Clancy. Period.

Reactions: 9

Sloanes

I just can't get over the fact that she did a money saving video, sitting in her childhood bedroom. That should have been in her number one tip. "Live with your parents, your boyfriend's parents, or your brother. Rotate between the three houses. This way you will save a lot!"

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Looks and money have been her focus for the last 10 years, says it all really. I'm annoyed with myself for watching her vlogs, I'm out!

• Heart

Glitter Girl

She really believes that she worked for everything she has. She didn't. Not in the least. Even the camera she picked up at age 10 or 13 or however old she was when she started, would have been a month's salary for some families. Without her private school, YT career, and free college, she never would have even been a journalist. And then she says her first offer was 23K, but she turned it down. Some journalists CAN'T turn it down. It could be their only offer because they didn't grow up with a $500-$1000 camera and editing software (or even a computer). Same with teachers, same with a lot of careers. Her first job, she made 40K, then went up to 60K by age 25. So by age 25, she was making more than the average salary in America. But yeah, her tips apply to all. Such an insanely tone deaf message.