Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AshMay

VIP Member
I don't mind a do depending how close I am with colleagues but I hate secret santa and other forced fun!!

Reactions: 2

teeniebopps

I’ve organised our Christmas work parties for many years, apart from the last 2 due to Covid. Keeping it cheap and cheerful for all staff this year and will see who turns up on the day. Usually do secret Santa too but not with the whole staff team, just my colleagues in the same role as me.

Reactions: 1

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
We have ours next week and I'm dreading it. I already tried to tell my very overbearing co-worker I didn't want to go, my excuse being I didn't like the menu choices but she wouldn't take no for an answer 😡
That's ridiculous. You have no obligation to go. Perhaps you are ill on the day?

Reactions: 1

Babysnark

Reviving this thread as I've got my work Christmas party today...

What's everyone's most embarrassing work Christmas party stories? Could be you or someone else 😂

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
My sister's not going to hers which has been arranged at a bowling place. She said she would feel just feel uncomfortable being around her managers and some co workers she doesn't even like.

I'm proud of her for not doing something she doesn't want to do.

I avoid at all costs :ROFLMAO: Where I worked previously I used to love going because it was a massive firm and I had a lot of friends/people my age there, and they really did go all out so it was really good! But where I work now I'm the youngest by about 20 years and I have very little in common with my colleagues tbh. They always do the party on the last working day before our 2 week christmas break so when January comes around I always get my holiday form in early and book the last day off so then I can say either I'm travelling down to see my family, or I've got family coming to stay with me :ROFLMAO: surprised noones cottoned on yet
That's why you're THE Elle woods.

Last edited:

Web30

VIP Member
We've not had a party this year, just went for a drink after work which is much more my thing these days.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Had an off-work party with my old colleagues the other day. Was much better. Luckily our place isn't throwing one this year so can just go on leave for Christmas in peace.

clueless

Chatty Member
Could you just say that a family member has already booked tickets for something for that date?
I'd love to! But I'd feel bad as I'd already said I'd go and chosen the meal which will have been paid for. Logging this excuse for next time though! 😄