Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So tempted to put heart xmas on but I'm gunna wait a little longer!! Christmas songs are so nostalgic 🎅🏻😍
I'm staying with my 83 year old dad for a few Days. We are watching Great! Xmas Movies as I type. He absolutely loves them. He's a big softy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Heart xmas blasting this morning.
Big blanket came out last night for bed, first time this year.
Nice crisp walk this morning and now warming up with a big hot cup of tea.
Heaven...

Reactions: 7
How many people do you buy for at Christmas?

I know a few people who have said they're cutting back this year, and are just buying for their immediate families, rather than extended nieces/nephews etc. Which is sensible with the rising living costs. I'll deffo be cutting back on the amount I spend on each person this year.

I have around 13 adults, 5 children and my two sons and husband to buy for. This list has been cut down dramatically over the years for a number of reasons.

I absolutely love buying gifts and seeing them all wrapped up in pretty paper and gift bags, it gives me such a festive thrill 😄🎅🌲⛄❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We’ve cut down a lot over the years and we just buy nieces and nephews presents, I always get my Mum something then me and my siblings (there’s 3 of them) and all of their partners and mine do a secret Santa so we’ve just got one person out of our immediate family to buy for. Then we just get a little something for my MIL as well. Me and my bf don’t bother with big presents for each other and usually just get something we need or something we want, and then we like to spoil our little boy for Christmas 😊 as in he’s the main person to buy for! He’s only 2 and a half so he’s starting to be more aware of Christmas. When I ask him what he wants he says ‘blue presents’ 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I buy for my husband, mum, dad, 2 brothers, MIL, SIL, grandma, 2 nephews, 1 niece and my 2 daughters. Adults all get alcohol and chocolates (under £15 each) other than my grandma I always make her a shoe box filled with different things.

I was in tk maxx last week and got a couple of stocking fillers and a candle for my work secret Santa, Iv started getting little bits now but I do enjoy buying presents during the proper run up when it feels really Christmassy.

Reactions: 3
I just buy for my immediate family my 3 girls, husband, mum and two sisters and my in laws. We did secret Santa at work But no longer there. It’s still a lot of stress it’s what to buy them that’s the worst part especially my eldest. I love doing it though I am a bit extra at Christmas 😅.

Reactions: 2
Can we talk wreaths for a sec…. How do you make sure they survive outside in the elements? I always worry that a wreath won’t survive being out in the wind and rain.

Can we talk wreaths for a sec…. How do you make sure they survive outside in the elements? I always worry that a wreath won’t survive being out in the wind and rain.
I've always just stuck mine out and got about 3 years out of each one before they look fit for the bin. If lit just make sure they're waterproof lights with a waterproof battery case. The materials used these days are pretty hardy against the weather. Things like glitter and ribbon can be snipped off and replaced when needed. Wreaths made out of natural materials don't last long for obvious reasons. Oooh you've made me want to look at new ones now 😄🎅🌲

Reactions: 1
Reason I ask is I had one a few years back and on the first night the rain made the plastic berries on it turn to mush! 🤣

• Haha
Reason I ask is I had one a few years back and on the first night the rain made the plastic berries on it turn to mush! 🤣
Aww no! I don't think you can avoid it sometimes, I know exactly what you mean 😄 Just snip them off and put something else in their place if it happens again. It's weird, I've paid a fortune for a wreath from John Lewis in the past and it's been crap....other times I've bought one from Home Bargains and it's been great! (Still going now!) Watch it fall to pieces this year now I've said it 🤣🙈

• Haha
I buy for my husband and 3 kids, we (I) usually go abit ott on presents for the kids as I love seeing them run in to big piles but have agreed we are going to cut right back. I get my parents something, and usually something for MIL that she asks for but she has said she isn't doing Christmas this year so she is off the list. I get a gift voucher for my neice and nephew and my sister does the same for mine so we can all do something together during the summer. I usually buy for my brother and his partner as they usually spend £50 per child but he had said he's cutting down to £20 per child and to just get him some wine or a bottle of rum so that's fine with me. So all in all should have worked out to be a cheaper Christmas but wone be the case considering the cost of everything else 😕

• Sad
I used to have a list of 22 people to buy for and have now cut it down to 12! Some of remaining 12 will only get a small ‘tree present’ (as my family call it) over something big 😅

I go all out for presents for about 22 people (split between friends, family & in-laws), I start ordering stuff months in advance though!

Reactions: 1
I go all out for presents for about 22 people (split between friends, family & in-laws), I start ordering stuff months in advance though!
My mum starts her Christmas shopping in the January sales - bits like perfume etc!

How many people do you buy for at Christmas?

I know a few people who have said they're cutting back this year, and are just buying for their immediate families, rather than extended nieces/nephews etc. Which is sensible with the rising living costs. I'll deffo be cutting back on the amount I spend on each person this year.

I have around 13 adults, 5 children and my two sons and husband to buy for. This list has been cut down dramatically over the years for a number of reasons.

I absolutely love buying gifts and seeing them all wrapped up in pretty paper and gift bags, it gives me such a festive thrill 😄🎅🌲⛄❤
I've managed to cut it down by 2 people, but I have 15 to buy for, thats including my husband and and our children. It's really 12 people outside of our immediate family, it includes 2 children and 3 teenagers. I am spending less this year, for various reasons, the main reason being that we're going to Disney world in Decmeber.

• Heart
  • Wow
We are only buying for our 3 children this year, but we are having a Christmas photoshoot so grandparents will get a framed photo. Just been to Home Bargains and bought 3 lovely red stockings, a Disney Santa plate and some really cute little biscuit mug toppers. Trying to be a bit more organized this year!

Reactions: 4
Reading the amount of people you lot buy for makes me grateful for my small, dysfunctional family 😂
I’ve only got 4, 3 parents and my grandmother. I buy cards for friends and I only have 4 extended family members (auntie + uncle and their kids) so I just get them a card.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.