Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I love a hallmark made for TV Christmas film. Normally a storyline where career woman ends up in small American Town where she ends up saving the Christmas show and falling in love with the man she originally took an instant dislike too.

Reactions: 22

Hendrix

Not to be Scrooge but I think Elf is shite 😅

I like Home Alone 1&2, The Holiday & Love Actually

• Haha
Reactions: 10

mcfeez

VIP Member
Basically, since its the time of year. What is your ultimate favourite Christmas movie?

Secondly - what is your favourite sort-of-Christmas-movie? So, not really a Christmas film but you associate it with the season anyway!

My fave Christmas movies are Elf or Love Actually.

Sort of movies - I always think Harry Potter has a Christmas feel, all the snow scenes at Hogwarts. And Mean Girls because of Jingle Bell Rock!

Reactions: 9

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Christmas
National lampoons christmas vacation
Just Friends
The elf
Polar express
The Muppets

Sort of christmassy
Wizard of Oz
Sound of music
Oliver twist

Just Friends (Ryan Reynolds and Anna Faris) is my favourite xmas film. It pops up a few times on the TV guide throughout December yet I get blank looks if I mention it. No one seems to have heard of it 😄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Elf, The Holiday and The Muppets Christmas Carol are my favourite Christmas films. I watch them every Christmas 🤣

While You Were Sleeping, Toy Story and Wreck It Ralph aren’t “Christmas” films per se, but I love to watch them at this time of year!

Reactions: 8

Restless Native

VIP Member
Die Hard is a cracking Christmas film

Scrooged, Muppets Christmas Carol, Gremlins, A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life are some of my faves.

I fucking hate Love Actually

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Mark81

VIP Member
Your Christmas or Mine on Amazon Prime is one of those rare things, a decent Christmas movie. And not in a cheesy Netflix way. Genuinely enjoyed if and chuckled a fair bit

• Heart
Reactions: 7

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I love The Grinch, Elf and Polar Express 💖

not sure about sort of Christmas movies, does Edward Scissorhands count? I only ever watch it at Christmas and it feels Christmassy!

spamoclock

Just putting in my vote for While You We’re Sleeping. Watched it a few days ago and it is such a sweet and funny film. So many great character actors/roles and a genuinely funny script. Not at all overdone or trying too hard either. It’s definitely aged well since the 90s 🥰

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
Miracle on 34th Street is a Christmas classic, both the original and 90s remake are on Disney plus

• Heart
Reactions: 6

SIZZLEg

National lampoon's Xmas vacation has to be one of the best! Always watch it every year with the family never gets old

Mark81

VIP Member
This thread should have a love actually vs the holiday poll haha

This Is Christmas on Now TV/Sky is another great new Christmas film. I mean a proper one not Netflix type. Heartwarming but more in the holiday/love actually way

Possibly even better than Your Christmas or Mine on Amazon.

Last edited:

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
This is Christmas on Sky, so sweet. And Alfred Enoch is so fucking cute and adorable and he has this way of saying "hello" that makes me melt!

Mark81

VIP Member
Your Christmas or Mine has released on Amazon Prime. Trailer looks good

Stars the guy from Sex Education

• Heart

Louisej3

VIP Member
Home alone 1 and 2
Elf
Nativity 1,2,3 and rocks