Christmas Movies and Sort of Christmas Movies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Basically, since its the time of year. What is your ultimate favourite Christmas movie?

Secondly - what is your favourite sort-of-Christmas-movie? So, not really a Christmas film but you associate it with the season anyway!

My fave Christmas movies are Elf or Love Actually.

Sort of movies - I always think Harry Potter has a Christmas feel, all the snow scenes at Hogwarts. And Mean Girls because of Jingle Bell Rock!

Reactions: 9
I love The Grinch, Elf and Polar Express ๐Ÿ’–

not sure about sort of Christmas movies, does Edward Scissorhands count? I only ever watch it at Christmas and it feels Christmassy!

Reactions: 7
I love Elf, Miracle On 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life.
Sort of Christmas movie - The Wizard Of OZ

Reactions: 2
Bridget Jones - definitely not a Christmas film, but it always seems to be on TV in December!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I love The Polar Express, Home Alone 2 and Elf.

Almost Christmas movies: Bridget Jones.

Reactions: 3
Elf, The Holiday and The Muppets Christmas Carol are my favourite Christmas films. I watch them every Christmas ๐Ÿคฃ

While You Were Sleeping, Toy Story and Wreck It Ralph arenโ€™t โ€œChristmasโ€ films per se, but I love to watch them at this time of year!

Reactions: 8
Not to be Scrooge but I think Elf is shite ๐Ÿ˜…

I like Home Alone 1&2, The Holiday & Love Actually

• Haha
Reactions: 10
While you were sleeping- not xmas film but watch it every year (based around xmas) or any 90โ€™s film to give all the nostalgia if childhood ๐Ÿ˜Š

fav film- home alones 1&2 and the family stone

• Heart
Reactions: 4

yes!! i don't know why everyone rates it... i put Elf on the other day and turned it off... awful film hahaha but Home Alone and the Holiday are superb... Love actually hasn't aged well with me... I watched it and was really annoyed with it too ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I'm so glad to see someone else agrees with me about Elf. Everyone raves about that film, but I just find it very odd! In fact, its also a bit creepy! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜
However, I do love The Holiday, it is one of my favourite films ๐Ÿ˜€...and Home Alone 1+2 are good too ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

yes!! i don't know why everyone rates it... i put Elf on the other day and turned it off... awful film hahaha but Home Alone and the Holiday are superb... Love actually hasn't aged well with me... I watched it and was really annoyed with it too ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sorry Tinkerbell, Ive just caught up on this thread and I see you have already posted the same post as me. ๐Ÿคฃ Great minds etc, etc,........๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Last edited:
  • Haha
Seen another member comment about Edward scissor hands but not sure how this works ๐Ÿ˜‚ I agree I only ever watch it at Christmas also! Donโ€™t know why

The Muppets Christmas Carol is my ultimate Christmas film and Iโ€™m so excited to introduce it to my daughter this year!

I also love Love Actually no matter how cliche and terrible it is ๐Ÿ˜…

Christmas Chronicles on Netflix was alright too.

In the last couple of years my go to has been Bad Moms Christmas, it really makes me laugh and has the right balance of some good old Christmas heart. It always makes me want to give my mum a big hug when I watch it๐Ÿค—

(and I also don't mind seeing Justin Hartley half naked in most of his scenes!)

My favourite "classics" are The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street and Love Actually. I've fallen out of love with Love Actually as I get older but I've been watching it for years, it's tradition!

I also really like The Family Stone.

Christmas
National lampoons christmas vacation
Just Friends
The elf
Polar express
The Muppets

Sort of christmassy
Wizard of Oz
Sound of music
Oliver twist

Just Friends (Ryan Reynolds and Anna Faris) is my favourite xmas film. It pops up a few times on the TV guide throughout December yet I get blank looks if I mention it. No one seems to have heard of it ๐Ÿ˜„

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Home alone 1 and 2
Elf
Nativity 1,2,3 and rocks
Santa clause 1,2,3
Polar express
Fred claus
Santa who
Mary Poppins
Sound of music
The muppets Christmas Carol
Miracle on 34th Street
Twas the night
Bad santa 1,2
Office christmas party
Deck the halls
Jingle all the way
Daddy's home 2
Unaccompanied minors/grounded
Arthur christmas
Eloise at christmastime
ultimate christmas present
Santa's little helper
Oliver twist
Chitty chitty bang bang
Great escape
Bad mom's christmas

• Heart
In the last couple of years my go to has been Bad Moms Christmas, it really makes me laugh and has the right balance of some good old Christmas heart. It always makes me want to give my mum a big hug when I watch it๐Ÿค—

(and I also don't mind seeing Justin Hartley half naked in most of his scenes!)

My favourite "classics" are The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street and Love Actually. I've fallen out of love with Love Actually as I get older but I've been watching it for years, it's tradition!

I also really like The Family Stone.
A Bad Mom's Christmas is amazing. It's objectively a terrible film. But I love it, it's iconic.

This line alone kills me.
"Those ornaments are from the Titanic! That ice is from the moon! That was moon ice, you nasty witch!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love a hallmark made for TV Christmas film. Normally a storyline where career woman ends up in small American Town where she ends up saving the Christmas show and falling in love with the man she originally took an instant dislike too.

Reactions: 22