Christmas Book Readathon 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it & I went Googling. Do you think it's still worth a go?
Oh yes definitely. I didn’t know much about it beforehand, just that 9 hikers went missing in Russia in 1959 and then eventually found dead in unusual circumstances and various theories explored.

It’s written from three POVs - the authors investigation, the hikers story leading up to them going missing (they kept journals and a camera so there was quite a bit of info and photos putting the timeline together, plus accounts from others who met them) and then the search party timeline. I sometimes struggled with the switching between timelines but I think it probably was the best way to explain it all. Utterly tragic, they were all so young, but fascinating.

Oh yes definitely. I didn’t know much about it beforehand, just that 9 hikers went missing in Russia in 1959 and then eventually found dead in unusual circumstances and various theories explored.

It’s written from three POVs - the authors investigation, the hikers story leading up to them going missing (they kept journals and a camera so there was quite a bit of info and photos putting the timeline together, plus accounts from others who met them) and then the search party timeline. I sometimes struggled with the switching between timelines but I think it probably was the best way to explain it all. Utterly tragic, they were all so young, but fascinating.
Thanks for the reply! Sounds right up my street. Looking forward to it!