Chit chat #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread here

I’m just in Nanna’s. No sign of the bloody biscuit tin

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd feel too guilty to take the service charge off, even though it does often not go to the wait staff. Plus I'd be worried that the wait staff would get in trouble with the management from them assuming they had done something wrong.

Are you guys the type to split the bill equally or to pay individually? I like paying individually - I often have less than others (no alcohol, no desserts). If it's equalish I don't mind paying a bit extra but you do get some people who take the absolute piss.

-

I took a turn for the worse so ordered a KFC. I shall have no more fast food until at least next Friday... honest. I'm just annoyed at myself, even though I can't help my triggers. I only joined the company in Jan 2020 so I've had 8 weeks 'work-from-office' time, and it is my third asthma attack. I must look so stupid to everyone. Sorry to be miserable, just feeling down tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'd feel too guilty to take the service charge off, even though it does often not go to the wait staff. Plus I'd be worried that the wait staff would get in trouble with the management from them assuming they had done something wrong.

Are you guys the type to split the bill equally or to pay individually? I like paying individually - I often have less than others (no alcohol, no desserts).

-

I took a turn for the worse so ordered a KFC. I shall have no more fast food until at least next Friday... honest. I'm just annoyed at myself, even though I can't help my triggers. I only joined the company in Jan 2020 so I've had 8 weeks 'work-from-office' time, and it is my third asthma attack. I must look so stupid to everyone. Sorry to be miserable, just feeling down tonight.
I'm a pay individually kind of girl. Sorry if that makes me a tight arse but I don't drink so not sure why I should pay for everyone's 2 bottles of wine when I've had a Pepsi max (from the refillable machine normally). I also never have starter or sides either when usually people do

Reactions: 6
I take back what I said about Pixie not being scared of fireworks. Neighbours directly out the back of us are letting them off and just found her shaking like a leaf in my housemates room.
Now someone out the front is letting them off.

Are you guys the type to split the bill equally or to pay individually? I like paying individually - I often have less than others (no alcohol, no desserts). If it's equalish I don't mind paying a bit extra but you do get some people who take the absolute piss.

-

Individual because I always order one of the cheapest meals haha

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I pay individually unless it’s like one friend who I go out with often, we usually do say I pay one time she pay another 😊 big groups pay individually. We used to go out with this couple who used to get pints and cocktails when me and my fella would get cokes (we don’t like drinking with a meal) and they’d wanna go halves. Sod that

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Penguin86 Try Classic fm!

I got my black forest Costa today, queue was 20 minutes long, and a Greggs sausage roll.

Went to Sainsbury's and got a Taste the difference orange chocolate brownie irish cream..

and this-

Screenshot_20211105-182124_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m usually a splitter but typically my friends and I tend to order the same amounts, like if one person has a starter, we usually all get a starter. I wouldn’t necessarily mind paying a bit more if I’ve had fewer drinks etc but I wouldn’t expect someone else to so if I’m aware one person has ordered less than the rest of us, I’d suggest we all pay for our own

@Thelmachops my housemate is comforting her.

I don't really like the sound of fireworks because of trauma, I'm ok if they are further away. I currently have my noise cancelling headphones on coz i was starting to get anxious

• Sad
Oooh I’m going to Costa tomorrow with my friend 😊 I’m gonna get a purple one latte cos I’ve been wanting one all week! Although the black Forrest hot choc is nice as well……maybe I could get both!? Dunno I’ll be weeing all day if I did

• Heart
  • Haha
If you’re not drinking / eating way less then you should absolutely not be splitting the bill. Most of the situations I’ve been in everybody’s had similar things or all drunk and they’re still getting the calculator out and I’m thinking bleeping hell just SPLIT IT 🤣

• Haha
Totally agree with you guys, I split when me and my friend have had equal amounts and they are also okay with splitting. Otherwise I pay individually for myself

also I think I feel my period coming on

• Heart
  • Sad
Said to OH let’s go up the hill and watch the fireworks. He said I thought we could do something better - he’s booked a table at a fancy Thai restaurant in town and then we’re going for (a couple of, he wants to do parkrun in the morning) cocktails 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I try not to go out for meals for this reason. No one can ever agree. I am fortunate to be in a position where I can cover a bill so I just do just to spare all the dramas. I give them my bank card sneakily before we even order!

Dinner's on me!

As for service charge - I always ask for it to be taken off a card payment and give our server cash in hand instead. I am never convinced the servers really see a fair portion of service charges paid by card.

• Heart
7FC1ED1C-F5CC-4FC7-A26D-79C568DD2783.jpeg

This is how my fellas nans dog is lying under me scared of the fireworks

ft. My big canoes i was telling you all about 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I try not to go out for meals for this reason. No one can ever agree. I am fortunate to be in a position where I can cover a bill so I just do just to spare all the dramas. I give them my bank card sneakily before we even order!

Dinner's on me!

As for service charge - I always ask for it to be taken off a card payment and give our server cash in hand instead. I am never convinced the servers really see a fair portion of service charges paid by card.
sometimes I do this! I pretend to go to the bathroom and just go and pay for the meal 😂 leaves everyone confused when the waiter comes and says the bills already been paid for lol

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.