Chemical Pregnancies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I recently had a chemical pregnancy in November and just had another one straight afterwards. I know I can’t really get any help from my GP until/unless I have a third one but I was just wondering if anybody else has been in the same position and asked their GP for progesterone supplements or tried anything else? I’m having a little break from TTC to mentally recover in the meantime but really want to try something to prevent it from potentially happening again if I can. I’m hoping it’s just a case of bad luck.

❤ take the time to recover mentally and physically, it takes it out of you. Ask for your vit D and thyroid to be checked meantime ❤
Thank you so much, it definitely does. I've requested for my thyroid, vit D and fbc to be checked, just hoping that if there is something wrong it's easily resolved ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, I recently had a chemical pregnancy in November and just had another one straight afterwards. I know I can’t really get any help from my GP until/unless I have a third one but I was just wondering if anybody else has been in the same position and asked their GP for progesterone supplements or tried anything else? I’m having a little break from TTC to mentally recover in the meantime but really want to try something to prevent it from potentially happening again if I can. I’m hoping it’s just a case of bad luck.
I had two back to back and then the third time I got lucky and my little one is asleep in my arms now so please don’t give up hope.

I self medicated after lots of research and I took aspirin (one and a half tablets a day, sorry I forgot the dose) and also doubled up on pregnancy vitamins. I probably rattled if you were to shake me 😂 as soon as I fell pregnant and had a six week scan I was given progesterone suppositories. I’ll never know if they helped or if it was just pure luck that time round (this was my second baby and I had no problems at all getting pregnant with my first).

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just wanted to keep this thread updated in case anybody in the future is reading and going through the same thing. My full blood count, thyroid and vitamin D levels all came back as normal. I'm not actively trying this month but not-not-trying. Next cycle I'm going to take baby aspirin daily and go back to tracking ovulation so will see if that works. Fingers crossed.

IMG_1618.jpeg
Another update for anybody in the future. I’m pregnant again, third month in a row. Only very early days and wasn’t actively trying this month but still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this one works out but feeling insanely anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 2679865Another update for anybody in the future. I’m pregnant again, third month in a row. Only very early days and wasn’t actively trying this month but still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this one works out but feeling insanely anxious.
Girlie. Call your EPU again. If this is your third in a row, they can help you get scanned and potentially give progesterone if this is another positive which it clearly is?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Girlie. Call your EPU again. If this is your third in a row, they can help you get scanned and potentially give progesterone if this is another positive which it clearly is?
Reiterating this. They’ll scan you at 6 weeks and offer you progesterone. Wishing you all the luck in the world ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You can't self refer to my local EPU unless you've had 3 previous miscarriages but I've asked my GP for a referral ❤
---
Reiterating this. They’ll scan you at 6 weeks and offer you progesterone. Wishing you all the luck in the world ❤
Thank you so much ❤

• Heart
You can't self refer to my local EPU unless you've had 3 previous miscarriages but I've asked my GP for a referral ❤
---

Thank you so much ❤
Good plan. I know it’s different everywhere but you might even be able to find a number just to call the nurses there and speak to them. I’d be banging the door down. You shouldn’t have to wait for this to happen again. I called them last month and I’ve had two previously and they said I should come in. I know it might not be the same for you but worth shouting as loud as you can.

• Heart
Good plan. I know it’s different everywhere but you might even be able to find a number just to call the nurses there and speak to them. I’d be banging the door down. You shouldn’t have to wait for this to happen again. I called them last month and I’ve had two previously and they said I should come in. I know it might not be the same for you but worth shouting as loud as you can.
Thank you, I’m going to call up first thing in the morning, it’s definitely worth a try x

Well I called my local EPU directly and the nurse said they’d only prescribe me progesterone if I was bleeding :/ will wait to see what GP says

Well I called my local EPU directly and the nurse said they’d only prescribe me progesterone if I was bleeding :/ will wait to see what GP says
Sorry to hear that. Didn’t mean to get hopes up or anything, just feel for you so much! Hopefully all will be ok this time. Keep us updated 💖

• Heart