Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Juniper99

The part I find really cheeky is not being friendly enough to just talk to you first, it even after. This is about relations and trust more than dust I feel?

Maybe wait until it's all done before feeling fully irritated, they may yet thank you some way.

As for cheeky neighbours, mine is an ice cream driver so dumps her uninsured car (as it has no MOT) opposite our drive, which is dropped and on a corner, and we then cannot see past her car and over sized pavement blocking bush so people who may have to walk in the road are in danger, and we would be liable if we hit someone and God forbid we ever did. There's kids, a woman on an electric scooter etc who we see going past in that road. When it comes to bins, we have photos of her wheelie bin after being filled with empty flake boxes etc literally just dumped not just outside our house but on our garden.

She's blocked the drains pouring down stale ice cream (dairy can cause explosions)

She also tried to run me over on my drive with the van.

We got no help, the police have done zero about her driving the car that didn't pass its MOT, and we've even got footage of her attacking the police. She's not going anywhere, and we will never have peace.

She decided she would hate on us as I asked her to move 6 cars blocking the street when my father in law was coming over, it was his last visit, he passed away soon after. Its wanting a dying man to be able to park on our drive has led to a nightmare 3 years.

It's not worth falling out with the cheeky, they can get much worse.

It will soon be done thank goodness, I hope they're decent and pay for the water without fuss. I feel for you being that close, at least I'm just facing my cheeky neighbour šŸ˜¬šŸ™„

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Definately cheeky gits water prices have recently gone up too They could of been drawing litres off?
Our cheeky git neighbours were filling up our bins walking across our front garden because they won't cut their trees back telling their guest they could park on our drive and I came home one day to find their old gas radiators and pipes in my front garden šŸ˜¤

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Web30

VIP Member
My parents house have a tap at the front of the house, thier old neighbor used to always have her hosepipe attached to water her garden, It was sneaky at first then she was super open with it! Drove my mum mad but she was elderly so she didn't feel like she could say anything.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3

Moonflower

Chatty Member
You should be able to work out your usual consumption (and therefore cost) from your bills and compare this with the latest readings/bills

Reactions: 2

Rxt156

VIP Member
Cheeky fuckers absolutely. Neighbours probs just wonā€™t want the workmen going into their house. Using your tap instead lolšŸ˜‚ the cheek šŸ˜‚ is he fuming. Also shocked that his water man cameā€¦. They mustā€™ve been using LOADS

Rosie glow

VIP Member
That would make me so angry, I would have to say something.

Yes, kids can get excited and forget that they should try to be quiet but FFS, she should be reining them in as much as possible. The neck of her to think it's okay to just 'apologise' beforehand and then they can make as much noise as they like. šŸ˜”
I was raging šŸ˜¤ I haven't got a problem with kids playing but they are very noisey and run up and down stairs etc constantly its a nightmare when they are here
When my steps were kids they weren't allowed to make loads of noise if they did they got told to quieten down I would never go round to the neighbours and say hey sorry but our kids are gonna make as much noise as they want ok šŸ˜ 

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I'm sure people think outside taps are a free for all.

They've been putting the new broadband cables in the ground at the end of our street and the workmen were asking people if they could use their outside taps to get water to mix their cement . They collected it in containers with lids so they could have brought it with them .

At our old house, the local stoners used to use our outside tap to get water for their bongs before smoking them at the garages. At least they only took a little bit at a time.

Sometimes the outside tap has its own stopcock and can be switched off independently of the other taps.

Reactions: 1

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Get this for cheeky neighbours, my elderly neighbours daughter came to our door last night (the elderly couple hardly speak english) to apologise for the noise over the next two weeks as their 4 grandchildren are coming to stay (bear in mind our houses are tiny two up two down, made for 3 people)
Last year it was a nightmare they were running up and down the stairs and screaming and shouting till midnight most nights we didn't get any peace
Surely they should keep their noise down or at least at a reasonable level, not basically come to my door and say we are going to be noisey hope you don't mind šŸ™„
That would make me so angry, I would have to say something.

Yes, kids can get excited and forget that they should try to be quiet but FFS, she should be reining them in as much as possible. The neck of her to think it's okay to just 'apologise' beforehand and then they can make as much noise as they like. šŸ˜”

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
The people who owned our house before us were by all accounts massively cheeky. The neighbour on one side told us she allowed former owners to have a side gate onto their drive as thereā€™s no side access to our house otherwise. Apparently, neighbour came home one day to find that former owner had installed an outside tap which she was annoyed about but decided to let go. Worse, they then started directing all their mates to go in my neighbourā€™s gate and use the new side access rather than their front door. Neighbour quickly got fed up with this and bricked up the gate.

littlepup

VIP Member
Now, Iā€™m no expert but how much have they used the last three weekends to trigger a call out?
Weā€™re on a meter so pay for what we use. Water guy thinks if we called the company they could tell us how much extra has been used (and itā€™s worth). How expensive IS water? Iā€™ve never really thought about it ā€œby the litreā€ AND how much would an entire gardens-worth of patio cost (cement is pretty water intensive).
Water isn't that expensive. It's about 20p to fill a bath (for just the cold water, not heating it). Most of the bill goes to the sewerage and supply service.