Chateau Diaries #87 Caroline do-gooder ate all the pies whilst trying to deflect all the lies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If SJ is using this time as a little break from the "hate-site", it seems to be working really well. It's clearly been proven now that as soon as she stops vlogging we all stop talking about her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh Marie! Please stop showing the top of Haworth Main Street, and venture a little further afield!, Go on the steam railway. Its a great trip.
Take a walk away from the village towards Stanbury, only 1 mile away. That's a picturesque little place. Walk to Ponden Hall.(Thrushcross Grange from Wuthering Heights.)
Little cemetery on the way there at Sladen Bridge, if you like cemeteries. (My family are in that one so I visit.)
There's a nice reservoir (Lower Laithe) to walk around.
Walk to the Bronte Bridge.
Go up to the ruins of Top Withins farmhouse. (Wuthering Heights). That's a romantic gothic spot. You pass charming ruins of cottages, on the way up the hill.
Borrow someone's dog, wrap up and get yourself out on the moors.
Its a beautiful area, you should get out more and stretch your legs.
Channel your inner Kate Bush Marie!

Ed can’t seem to resist making poor taste jokes around gay people or the subject of homosexuality. It screams ‘uncomfortable’.
Also homophobic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Marie comes across as such a lazy mare. Quite apart from her not exploring and getting to know her new home area, why isn't she driving around with flyers and business cards - networking and getting a feel for how to develop her business.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I AM IN SHOCK….. WTF 🤬

….. it’s horrific and disturbing 😳 all in one ☝

I’m delighted you are out of it
Truly 😳
I need a brandy
😈
M
My sons thought the sun shone out of him because he had been a soldier and was very outdoorsy. He used to take them climbing, potholing. He was into diving and cave diving.
They hero worshipped him. They were so annoyed with me when I gave soldier boy his marching orders!
You have to be careful who you present to your children as role models.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Looking at Dans vlog..yeah things do happen when you have kids..we dont have any, but i guess, when you think three steps ahead.. and still they get at you..I just remember the stories my parents told me what i did as a kid.... :eek: When i was eight i drove around on tractors and things..we had horses, cows and bulls....i already drove a car when i was twelve..not on the main road offcourse..I somethimes think the parents of nowadays pamper the kids too much..its part of growing up in the countyside..there was one thing my mother was keen on..we learnt to swim at a very young age..

De Lalacelles have warmth in the chateau...they managed to bring a woodburner op for the third floor...in the boys appartment..they were all very excited...i do wonder how that will be in the future..bringing all that wood up three stairs..and the ashes down...i think they will use the central heating more.. Like Amaury from Castle ten Berghe said...no candles and woodburners in the chateau...with all that panelling..you always must be very carefull..
Btw i was horrified to see how easy all that brickwork came out of that chimney...also another thing that would worrie me to use it..Luckily they renovated the outside chimneies and put a decent pipe in...Here in The Netherlands you have to use double pipes in a chimney..so the outside cannot get hot..very expensive i have to say...

The fleuries almost had a burnout from having guests..i can imagine..doing everthing on your own is a massive task...especially Philip looked exhausted and aged a lott since last year..B and B is a knockdown when you have no staff..all that cooking, cleaning, entertaining late and up in the morning for breakfast..it all sounds idyllic..untill you have to do it every day...and also a young family, they see now that gites are better..but that will take a huge bankloan..They want to rely more on YT and Patreon..Why not bought a farmhouse and two or three gites in the barn..They could live much easier..but their dream was lo live in a chateau...They look at sailingtrips to escape...thats funny ..a lott of people look at them to escape..i guess it like this withl all things in life..we always want something we dont have..and when we have it..its no fun at all.. I have to say they have a lott more sense than the other chateau owners...

Reactions: 26
I don't know the comment and I don't read the "comments" section on Dan's vlogs much but I rather got the impression he was having banter with 2 blokes one being Tony in LA and I thought the other one was called John. Dan sometimes seemed to get in with a comment before they had chance to comment. I thought it was just blokes talking but am no expert as I am not an avid reader of his comments section so am willing to stand corrected.
The other poster was not a John and was not joking. There was no answer from Dan either.

This poster commented numerous times and looked like harassing the kid and the person who was supposed to supervise him.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Their latest patreon video, if you're interested.
Thanks lolander, I do like these two, I just skimmed it but got the main points, they have a proper vision and plan, I just hate the begging, I bought a house inflation went through the roof and ended living off bread, my now husband joked that when he met me the cat ate better than I did, these people are not poor they have just over stretched themselves and want strangers to bail them out. As a once poor person I find it scandalous, but this the current YouTube culture and they are going for it big time

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The other poster was not a John and was not joking. There was no answer from Dan either.

This poster commented numerous times and looked like harassing the kid and the person who was supposed to supervise him.
there is actually a guy named Johnny, who often banters with Tony. They were like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppet Show. Seems like Tony is approaching a more mocking/aggressive way of posting now.

• Wow
  • Sad
If SJ is using this time as a little break from the "hate-site", it seems to be working really well. It's clearly been proven now that as soon as she stops vlogging we all stop talking about her.
I’m wondering if she has taken this extra time to school Flip on how to behave when they film. Long discussions on how to/how not to behave so as not to provide fodder for the “hate” site, or piss off the grannie nazis. Here’s a partial list I’m sure she’s compiled:

1. Please take the beanie off at least half the time.
2. Do not, I mean absolutely do not, do the Charleston again.
3. Develop a new hobby, please. We can’t have anymore hedgehogs in the chateau. Maybe you could like Gucci jumpers or something?
4. Please stop talking about your food allergies. They are all over the map and no one has ever seen you whip out the epi pen and you eat literally all the stuff you say you are allergic to.
5. Do not, and I mean DO NOT talk about our age gap. I’m hoping you will just age really rapidly and people will stop talking about it.
6. Do not take off your shirt. That’s Anne Marie’s job. Really. He’s got it covered.
7. Could you try not to snort? I know it’s hard. I know. I love it, but some people just don’t.
8. Stop talking about my mother. It was weird before, and now it’s just cringy.
9. Can you just pretend to wash dishes sometimes? You don’t really have to do it. You can just pretend for a few minutes while I film it.
10. Also, can you pretend to build some fires or fix something every once in a while?
11. While we’re talking pretend, can you pretend to like Michael more when you see him. It’s not coming across in the videos.
12. Can you also pretend to be pursuing your acting/singing career? It’s starting to look like all you do is go to Emmaus and do my hair.
13. Can we get some footage of you handling my social media. Actually can you work on my social media, it’s getting kinda stale on my Insta.
14. Could you possibly learn to cook some edible food? Could you also maybe buy some food sometimes? How about paying part of the light bill?
15. How do you feel about hair transplants?
16. Could you maybe stop wearing my clothes? Never mind. You can have them.
17. Could you maybe stop talking about your grandparents? Did you have any friends growing up?
18. Also, if it’s not too much trouble could you stop mentioning Christie’s? That was a while ago and it didn’t go very well and I don’t like thinking about it.
19. Could you stop using “our” when you talk about the chateau? It’s kind of pissing off the people who paid for it.
20. Please don’t touch me when we are filming. Unless I fall or something. I want everyone to forget you’re my unemployed, unworldly, unskilled, underhanded, underworked, sexually ambiguous boyfriend. You’re just a boy who is my friend. That’s all I want them to think about. I don’t want them thinking about how I lied to them for over a year, and that you came here as a volunteer with a sketchy plan to bed me that you cooked up with your mother. No, no, no, no, no I can’t have them thinking about how unseemly this all is. The speculation will just make me have to go out on walks where I scream at the trees and cry all afternoon after I wake up. It will probably wreck my Botox or cause my fillers to shift somewhere they are not supposed to be.

Okay then, let’s curl up in bed with eBay and see if we can find a paarrfect Bernardaud service for 20 for under 4000€ we like, alright?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

I was talking of all the times I had read the comments section, not the one time. Shouldn't write when I'm tired. My shatoo renovation going wrong - think Stefanee might have jinxed it!!😭😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think exactly the same.

This is an old trick : play silent and time. Let's make people forget about you and do what you want in their back.

I was talking of all the times I had read the comments section, not the one time. Shouldn't write when I'm tired. My shatoo renovation going wrong - think Stefanee might have jinxed it!!😭😭😭😭
No worries. Seems we are not allowed to speak about Dan's vlog anyway as we are boring 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Same, here! We used to also have "camp outs" in the woods across the street. Totally unsupervised. I can't imagine parents allowing that, today.
I was also absolutely feral. I grew up where Marie is now living, on a farm a mile away across the moor. We just ran wild all the time.
When I started school I tried to climb out of the windows all the time to get back outside and escaped a few times but my aunt used to march me back.
I encouraged my own children to be adventurous, but I can see how much harder it is for parents these days.More traffic, and I'm know paedophilia was hidden in the past but social media and the internet I feel have contributed to the growth of more and more cases of abuse against children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
A short break isn't that bad... we have time to re-energize, before the whole advent vlog show starts, we'll then be ready again with our beady eyes and snarky comments.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.