Charity Shopping

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t see a post on this? It seems charity shopping has become popular recently for various reasons, eco / sustainability, cost of living, or just because it’s an interesting and fun hobby which saves a bit of cash (and you don’t end up in the same clothes as everyone else!)

I’ve been chazzing for about 10 years so I’d say I’m pretty experienced. I often want something then a few weeks later it will pop up in the charity shop 😊

This season, lots of our Christmas jumpers, tops and PJs are charity shopped, either new with tags or as new. For example a M&S Christmas kids onesie, £30 originally, I paid £2. A lovely Christmas fleece blanket for the sofa, John Lewis, £2.50. Lots of wicker baskets usually 50p - £1 to make (new) hampers in. I have a very cute leather jacket to throw over a party dress from Zara,I paid £8. It’s such a joy to find something you really wanted but couldn’t justify the cost. Plus of course, charity! Does anyone else charity shop and what’s your favourite find?

Reactions: 5
Yes!!! I love this topic! I’m a frequent chazza shopper and ex chazza shop manager!
Every piece of furniture and clothes that I own are second hand!

Yes! I bloody love them. It's not only the money saved for me (although that is a massive appeal as I am a tightwad) but as much the reuse element. I could actually weep when I walk in clothes shops and see racks and racks of poorly made, expensive clothes. I'm just not willing to pay those prices.

I think it's a brilliant way to update your wardrobe too. I quite often buy stuff, wear it a bit then donate it back and try something else.

My best buy is some hunter wellies for £10 and some Clarks boots for £3.50! I do seem to get quite lucky, I go every few weeks and rarely come back empty handed. The ones in my town seem to have really upped their game and a few are like mini department stores now.

Reactions: 3
Interesting that you started this thread. I was listening to BBC London earlier and they had a guest on talking about sustainable clothing and shopping via charity shops and Vinted, it was interesting conversation.

The guest said she never buys new clothes, apart from underwear obviously. I myself am guilty of buying new clothes a lot of the time. I need to start taking a look in charity shops.

There's a thread started a while back
Could talk ALL day about this 😄
My love of charity shops started as a kid when my mam would take me. Back then it was firstly through necessity but my mam loved them too. So many bargains over the years! I rarely buy new clothes, the whole ethos of charity fits in with my lifestyle and individual style.

Reactions: 2