Challenge and Goal Thread - Small challenges and goals to take on throughout the year

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also like to do a "no spend" (besides essentials/pre approved purchases) in November so we could do that?
I already have a list of things I want to purchase in November during the week of Sephora’s sale and on Black Friday. Can we do this on the last week of November?

That’s a fantastic idea. Its a bigger challenge but maybe we could have small weekly ones and a big monthly one?
Wait, why are we getting rid of our wardrobes? 🤣

Reactions: 1
I already have a list of things I want to purchase in November during the week of Sephora’s sale and on Black Friday. Can we do this on the last week of November?
okay so like make the last week of November going into December a no spend week? or do the first 3 weeks of November and then the last week we spend?

A challenge actually could be making a list of things you need to buy for Christmas (presents/food/new decs if needed) and trying to stick to it? Or setting a budget? maybe seeing if we can reduce the cost in anyway?

Would anyone be up for that?

I make lists in my daily life cause of ADHD to this one is a home from home for me 🤣

I read a blog from a woman who posts every week with a list of 5 things she's done that week to save money. That could be a good one if anyone is interested?

Reactions: 2
okay so like make the last week of November going into December a no spend week?
Yeah 🙂 I can see not spending for one week a month being something I adopt long term. Also, maybe instead of binning outfits we don’t wear challenging ourselves to come up with novel ways to style an article or bringing ourselves to sell it second hand? I hate selling online - this is an opportunity for me to change! - but it could dovetail nicely with your goal of saving money

Yeah 🙂 I can see not spending for one week a month being something I adopt long term. Also, maybe instead of binning outfits we don’t wear challenging ourselves to come up with novel ways to style an article or bringing ourselves to sell it second hand? I hate selling online - this is an opportunity for me to change! - but it could dovetail nicely with your goal of saving money
ooh I like this idea! Another poster suggested wearing clothes that you haven't in awhile so those 3 things tie in together really well!!

on money saving, Martin Lewis has a 15 no spend days a month challenge guide. So you pick the 15 days before the beginning of the month and get it all organised and then you mark off the days.

We could also do a week of eating down the food that is in the house already? Ties in with no spending a bit but I've got loads of food in my cupboards and freezer. We could only do that for a week though cause that's too much long term.

also here's the link to the Martin Lewis Challenge if anyone is interested:
Like I said, we don't have to do one big challenge. We can do them individually if you guys want and just update here for a bit of accountability and motivation
- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1595249/the-awesome-april-nsd-no-spend-day-challenge
- https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/t...y-spent-after-bills-for-a-whole-month---and-/

Haha I’m loving some of these suggestion! I need to sort out the wardrobe big time! I am bad for buying new clothes saving them for best then never wearing them! One of my New Years resolutions was to not save anything for best which I’ve enjoyed so I’d recommend that one as well!! Iv got better 100% on the buying and not wearing clothes front!

Person on the skincare hype trust the process takes a cycle of the skin to show results bjt double cleanse each night and you’re well on the way!!

I read a whole book last night (got a bit carried away!) so 100% up for that my mum is lending me them out of her library!! Lol

My bedtime reminder just popped on my phone! 100% recommended that too xxx

Reactions: 1
I don’t advocate binning outfits at all. I give clothes to charity or pass the decent stuff onto family. And I definitely need a push to wear some new things that are already in my wardrobe.
I hate selling online too. But it’s worth doing if you gave re-sellable brands. Maybe I should force myself to do it more. Not worth it for primark or Tesco type clothes tho.

I don’t advocate binning outfits at all. I give clothes to charity or pass the decent stuff onto family. And I definitely need a push to wear some new things that are already in my wardrobe.
I hate selling online too. But it’s worth doing if you gave re-sellable brands. Maybe I should force myself to do it more. Not worth it for primark or Tesco type clothes tho.
I don't bin anything unless it's unfixable and can't be repurposed (my favourite thing to do!). I sort clothes out and give them to charity if needed. I don't have much clothes though tbf because I am very fussy with textures due to sensory issues so I wouldn't even fill a black bag.

I don't bin anything unless it's unfixable and can't be repurposed (my favourite thing to do!). I sort clothes out and give them to charity if needed. I don't have much clothes though tbf because I am very fussy with textures due to sensory issues so I wouldn't even fill a black bag.
Ooh. Do you restyle and alter stuff? That’s a fantastic skill to have. I’d like one of those dressmakers mannequins you can change to be your measurements. Then after I’d finished crying about how fat the mannequin looked with my measurements, I could tailor stuff a bit. I got a second hand sewing machine a few years ago. After years of thinking I hated sewing I realised I actually like it. 🤪

Ooh. Do you restyle and alter stuff? That’s a fantastic skill to have. I’d like one of those dressmakers mannequins you can change to be your measurements. Then after I’d finished crying about how fat the mannequin looked with my measurements, I could tailor stuff a bit. I got a second hand sewing machine a few years ago. After years of thinking I hated sewing I realised I actually like it. 🤪
so not exactly but kind of. I wouldn't say alter/re-style as such but cause of the sensory issues I will wear something to death. And I mean death! I'm talking faded, have holes in it etc so I will cut it up and make something else out of it. So a t-shirt, I will cut and crop it, then sew it so it's tidy. I can make mitten from an old hoodie (don't like mitten material especially when it's wet 🤣 ). Pencil cases and purses out of old tops, socks out of old tops, shorts out of old jeans, make a hoodie or top with a logo into a cushion cover, use old top as decoration stuff or jewellery (twist to different colours together and make a bracelet) so yeah it's not restyling as such but most can be done with a sewing machine

• Heart
Reactions: 4