Catholic baptism

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know the rules surrounding getting a child christened Catholic? Is it true that at least one of the parents also has to be Catholic? Im finding conflicting information online!

As far as I'm aware, one parent has to be catholic and I believe the godparents also have to be catholic. That being said, it might vary from church to church.

Pretty sure one parent has to be Catholic, otherwise why would you be doing it šŸ¤” My husband was brought up Catholic but had lapsed. Think he had to have a couple of indepth discussions with the Priest and started attending regularly. I went with him to keep him company, although I'm Church of England. This was 10 years ago. Not long after they made classes in our area for prospective parents, bit like first communion where you explore your reasoning behind this important decision šŸ˜¬ Have you checked out your local church website or Facebook page?

At least one parent needs to be Catholic, an most chapels will expect at least that parent to have had attendance, am not sure if many will allow it unless the parent/s have done I think around 7/8 weeks

Godparents don't need to be, although this could be depending on the chapel, I've cousins an cousins kids that have two protestant godparents or godparents that class themselves as no religion an the chapel was fine

I think most are ok these days since it's the parents choice, although my neice is Protestant the church was also fine having me as a godparent an doing the vows even though I class myself as no religion