Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RedFlagsAhoy

I actually cannot believe she offered her own fluff as a dying woman’s last book to read. I’m at a loss as to what to think about that. Somewhere between flabbergasted and impressed by the balls on the woman.
I was reading the thread and just saw this... :eek::ROFLMAO:
180E9DFA-DE06-4DC0-A662-A23386AEA4D8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 162

talkinghead

This is mortifying. I’m actually enraged. Carrie, you KNOW your books aren’t exactly loved by the masses. Imagine suggesting your own shitey novel for a DYING WOMAN TO READ. This is honestly the most blatant display of her ego and narcissism. Embarassing behaviour. Even her fans must be cringing.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 91

awkwardjellyfish

Christ her self delusion knows no bounds, does it? What a narcissist.

In the words (kind of) of our lord and saviour Taylor Swift:

Carrie Hope Fletcher #49: It’s me, hi! But I’m not the problem, it’s everybody else.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
“I proved to myself that another half doesn’t make me whole”
Carrie love you threw yourself at the first guy you saw and got engaged after 5 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 82

Alice_Taylorx

633318B4-D9C2-4B28-BF9A-233BF9ACDD0F.png
CDA8F93B-FBA7-47B4-AF27-F24EBABECD3B.png

Man, I’m sorry, I’m still not over this. The faces she’s pulling as she’s saying this. Rolling her eyes and sarcastically smiling and making this situation all about her.

That wasn’t a “lovely tweet”, someone’s friend is dying. Somebody’s life is literally ending. Not in a Disneyfied, YA novel way…someone’s friend is passing away, in real life. And she’s managing to make the situation all about her and how hard done by she was for making an inappropriate social blunder and not simply apologizing and moving on.

Abhorrent. Again, it’s not even just about the self promotional tweet, it’s her reaction to being called out and turning this into a “oh how dare I, I must be HORRIBLE then :mad: I’ll DELETE my Twitter if I’m so terrible. look what you made me do. Woe is me.” About a situation in which their friend dying…Toddler behaviour. I truly didn’t think her immaturity and selfishness ran this deep.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 80

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
Carrie what you should have done is:
“I wrote a book about crossing over the other side, if you are okay with dm your info I can send a copy of the book. Sending my love during this hard times”

like yeah, her book is shit BUT if she wanted she could have worded it better instead of “not to be THAT person” like sweetie, you are being that person.

Reactions: 77

Mr Sparkle

Re: the hideous scarf.

Last month she posted an insta story asking for advice on what she should do with all the random crochet squares she'd ended up with after learning to crochet.

If I recall correctly, she was asking whether to make it into a blanket or bung them all together into a scarf?

So I think her gift to Joel was essentially random leftovers from a hobby, disguised as a "time consuming and made with love" present...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

geniefromdownunder

• Haha
Reactions: 75

talkinghead

content warning for some weird stuff here. some fans of carries apparently running with the theory that she was… trafficked into musical theatre by her family and that oliver seriously abused her. obviously this is the ramblings of a mad person but concerning that there’s at least two accounts peddling this. whatever oliver did he doesn’t deserve this. hope carries proud of her hopefuls

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 73

Lolly505

VIP Member
Carrie Hope Fletcher #49 - Why did Carrie cross the line? To self-promote On The Other Side

• Haha
Reactions: 73

Alice_Taylorx

"that's how social media plays with your brain" wait, what? Is this not just having a conscience? It just boils down to reconsidering your actions and asking yourself whether or not they were okay or appropriate. All social media is doing in this instance is allowing people to express their opinions directly to her in a way people outside of the public eye wouldn't be subjected to.

But yes, if enough people have taken issue with something you've done, it's worth considering whether it was appropriate to do. I know it's been said a lot before, but it really is kind of baffling how Carrie's brain operates the same as a teenager's, in a lot of ways. People aren't dogpiling on her for fun about this, she promoted her own self-insert fanfiction (without offering to gift it) to a dying person. It's a social faux-pas to say the least.

Reactions: 70

churros

For any time I have felt down for being single (8 years) ... I just come back to this car crash and at least I know I'm not a massive twat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69