Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sixback

Absolute cringe that two adults in their late 20s/early 30s spend their Saturday night watching Disney movies. Sorry to any Disney adults on this thread, but I just find it ridiculous that two adults who are ACTORS by profession seem to primarily watch children's movies - Disney & Marvel films. Similarly Carrie the author seems to primarily read the same kind of books - rarely reading outside of her comfort zone of romantic comedies and YA fiction.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying these things, obviously, but when we observe C & J's relationship you can see that they're so intensely impacted by the media they consume. The narrative they're trying to pedal is right out of the girly rom-com books that Carrie reads...:

"Carrie's world is turned upside down when Oli - the suave, sexy actor who she's been living with for 5 years - dumps her out of the blue. With her job contract coming to an end, a hurt but determined Carrie prepares herself for a brand new start - alone - but an unexpected encounter quickly finds her plunged into happiness. Will Carrie find her Prince Charming in the sweet, jokey Joel, or is she destined to live a spinster life with her cat Edgar? Find out, in the new novel that Cosmo called "2022's could-read-if-you're-desperate Summer Cringefest" - So Proud! 99p on Kindle".

• Haha
Reactions: 73

wordzalad

VIP Member
We Love out loud sounds like an intern was asked to come up with a pride month promo slogan in about 10 minutes.

“Here at Aldi, we love out loud…. You can too with our great offers across the store on rainbow flags, only £2.99”

• Haha
Reactions: 61

Hattieliz

Oh FFS 🙄 I bet it it’s gifted too. View attachment 1390668
FC244116-1C74-40FF-8371-CBA6E0A311AE.png

I know it’s been said so many times but THIS IS WEIRD.

It’s exactly like a superfan/ stalker or a 13 year old.

If my sisters boyfriend of a few months tagged me in a story like this I’d find it so odd.

How does she not see how weird this is. It’s too intense.

• Sick
Reactions: 58

No_Its_Ever

Chatty Member
Wow oh wow I’ve been catching up on the past couple of threads because I got behind and there’s been lots going on—I was looking at Oliver’s Instagram to see the ‘And that’s how you launch a new partner’ comment and noticed this posted under his very latest pics of him and Alessia!! Carrie, please come and collect your ‘fans’ 😬
C4893518-6FBF-4773-80CA-75F2EA6DEB06.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

cherry198

VIP Member
Seeing Joel’s latest Instagram video reminded me - I used to watch some of his Hermes diaries videos. I often got the feeling he felt like he was too good for the job.
Don’t get me wrong, I can’t imagine not being able to do the job you’ve trained so hard for and become quite successful in for such a long time. And there’s nothing wrong with not enjoying your job in any situation. It just always felt like he looked down on the job which is a kick in the face to the people who do that as their regular job.
Kinda like when actors refer to the rest of us as “muggles”… 🤢
I despised the whole ‘actors working in Tesco/being delivery drivers’ phase of the pandemic when all they did was take the piss and essentially mock the jobs they were doing when in fact that’s someone’s actual job and regular source of income.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Tbh, again playing devils advocate. I think as an authentic feminist (Ie fighting for equality) it’s as important on IWD to also give thanks for the men in our lives too. I’m a devout feminist, and a sex worker, so I see the worst of the worst; but us women who are actively fighting for equality find it abit awks and not sure quite what to say on a day like IWD cos it’s such a superficial, fake as thing. I get it.

it’s just more upsetting to me that she slammed swers basically when the fake thing when around. But again, as a well respected, published feminist, she didn’t do anything wrong posting about men on iwd at all x

Also some of you have such valid points and are quite fair with comments but the rest of you are complete cunts and quite horrible. Don’t be bullies behind a screen it’s fucking weird.
Don’t be ridiculous. The whole point of IWD is to provide a platform/shine a light on women. It isn’t a ‘superficial fake as(s?) thing’, it’s necessary as a reflection and reminder of the continued struggles that millions of women face across the world and in our society. To use IWD to celebrate important female figures in our lives is not the same as abashing the men who have supported us - it is just not the appropriate time or place to acknowledge them because the day should be about recognising the important of raising female voices in our inherently patriarchal society.

Men are also wonderful (thankfully, the ones in my life are anyway) and celebrating IWD does not automatically negate that. To think so is to perpetuate the ‘not all men’ narrative and shun the important issues affecting women.

Besides, International Men’s Day is on November 19th every year, celebrate your men then, when it’s appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Some of you take what's written on here way too seriously, and that's why you're sometimes accused of being Carrie :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 53