Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Joan on Third

Chatty Member
Welcome back to the original peeps from threads #1, #2, #3 and #4 and welcome to the newcomers who have started watching the Real Housewives of Dubai.
As the title suggests, this thread is about Caroline Stanbury (CS) and her husband Sergio, aka IQ27.
Fire away! 🍿

• Heart
Reactions: 16

mdaadm

Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on any of this… consensus seems to be : Caroline’s mom is member of the Vestey family - aristocratic, respected old money. Caroline’s dad is a financier/venture capitalist. (Maybe Jewish?). Her nuclear family had money but not pots and pots of it. She and her siblings went to the “right” boarding schools but she was a “rebel” who didn’t take kindly to rules and whatnot and didn’t go to university, which was probably frowned upon. She partied quite a bit in her twenties (looking at you, Charlie), dated on the periphery of fame, ended up marrying Cem who is a wealthy American-educated Turkish Jew from a good family within his own circle. I think the “Stanbury” name isn’t exactly solid gold but it ain’t bad either, while the Vestey lineage is actually prestigious but she (and her mom) were not in direct succession either. So she’s what we Americans would kindly call a “minor aristocrat”. Like, she and her siblings are the last generation that can really trade on the Vestey lineage because at this point none of them have the name or the money. As someone previously mentioned, Caroline’s parents own a nice country home but it’s nothing palatial and probably is worth around $2m. The mom does seem rather crusty and clipped and probably grew up in more refined circles, but the parents do have a relationship with her, they were at the ridiculous wedding, and they are not estranged (although who knows what they really think!!!).
She has a younger sister who’s a lawyer and divorced from a nobody (she did a podcast episode with Caro), a younger brother who owns a gym in London as is married to a nice common British girl of Arabic descent , and brother Alex (divorced from Sophie) who seems to be a floppy-haired dilettante. Did I miss anything?
Thank you for coming to my Ted talk 😜

Reactions: 15

npadcr

Chatty Member
ck
Yes that would be me, we are connected on Instagram. He seldom posts anything really. And anyway, he has too much class to make a comment about CS.
I totally agree Joan - in my opinion Cem rates up there with Nina's husband, classy, handsome, family man, and a bit of swagger to him. I agree that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors and maybe he wasn't the best of husband but we do know what she has shown us with her now unemployed, uneducated, selfish, immature husband and I would gamble on taking Cem over him hands down.

Sergio is so cringe. He thinks he is a huge star now. It’s like he thinks he is an F1 driver or a La Liga footballer when he is in fact unemployed and drives around in a leased Porsche paid for by his wife. Also I don’t understand why they never go to Spain in the summer, if he does come from an ‘established’ family like he claims, why don’t they ever take her kids to his family’s place on the coast or the islands?
Trust me if IQ's family had any money- he would be blabbing it all over instagram. I think he came from the same kind of background as most of us do- middle class at best. He certainly doesn't act like a person who is well traveled or experienced the nicer things in life. In fact, he acts like someone that is easily influenced by people and things that represent wealth or power. He failed as an athlete and made no money from that- enter rubberlips to provide the lifestyle he is to lazy to work for. Trust me this guy family has nothing more than most people that age. He is a habitual liar.

Found some more beauties! If you guys want me to stop please do tell 😀.
Also found a picture in one of the comments of CS when she was young while dating Prince Andrew (ewww). Definitely the lips have been super inflated
I am sorry but i don't find anything attractive about this women. Her best appearance/looks in my opinion were when she was married to Cem and they had moved to Dubai. She dressed and looked polished and classy. She now looks like a blown up clown! Her face is over inflacted from injections and botox and her style has no rhyme or reason to it- can't even classify it in a category.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

mdaadm

Not to change the subject too much, but how many stinkin birthday parties does Nicole Scherzinger need? What is she, a toddler? It’s really cringey to celebrate yourself so much! (I will add the caveat that I know someone who worked on Annie Live last year and said that Nicole S. was the kindest sweetest celebrity ever. But that makes me question why she would be friends with Caro…)

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Jennyblonde

Chatty Member
caroline was such a weirdo during the reunion. who makes a whole book about a fellow cast member???? such odd behaviour
She made it together with IQ27 with the arts and crafts material that was left over from their vision board that's glued to the bathroom window.

• Haha

Thelaalaa

Chatty Member
He really is not smart or educated. When he said that if Caroline was unwell during the pregnancy, they could transfer the baby to another woman to finish off the pregnancy

Wow

• Haha
  • Wow

Joan on Third

Chatty Member
Yup. Fell asleep 30 minutes in. 💤 💤💤💤
More than other franchises, the mish mash of women here just doesn’t work. You have two (Nina and Sara) that may have some interesting insight on the UAE and how it is transforming. Then you have 3 that could say something interesting about being a black woman in the middle east and how opportunities for them compare to the “west”. And then you have dumb idiot Caroline, who has everything handed to her including smoothies in bed by a masked servant. CS rode into Dubai with her leftover crumbs of LoL fame and a divorce settlement, and rode that D list fame wave all the way to this moment. In a weird and obscure way, she is giving me Johnny Depp vibes - over the hill, believes her own hype, ego out of control, some people inexplicably love her and others see right through her. She just yucks me out 🤮. And that Daily Beast review is spot on about Ayan - too many sound bites, she needs to settle down 😂
ETA: of course she and Sergio (and some of the other women) support Johnny Depp by reposting memes. They are SO fucking stupid it’s unbelievable.
Well I'm sorry to say but I watched the whole trial and Amber was not believable at all.. I did give her a chance but she lied and her lies were debunked.
Anywhooo back to our idiots... I ve been reading sooo many comments on different gossip accounts (very cultivating day right lol) and alot are questioning his sexuality.. Oh yeah I already said that this morning 😂
Will watch the show tomorrow and see.. I haven't even been on their Instagram today still

npadcr

Chatty Member
Is it just me but I would be so bored and restless by now if I was to have traveled with my husband alone for this amount of time. Where are our two worldly travelers? I am so bored with all this traveling that it all is starting to look the same. They have shown nothing on instagram but Dirty Juan riding his bike (glad, he got his training wheels off) in some not so great areas and buying tacky souvenirs. I mean if this is the best they got- hop off social media for a bit! In what world does she live in now where she thinks its okay for him to post a story of buying her tampons on his bike? Wow, how far the might have fallen from days when she lounged in bed at the Ritz with Luke and gossiped all day. She missed the story line completely. She should have stayed single dated and let Dirty Juan live his best life as her new Luke! What do you think?

• Haha

hellokittymermaid

Chatty Member
Sergio is so cringe. He thinks he is a huge star now. It’s like he thinks he is an F1 driver or a La Liga footballer when he is in fact unemployed and drives around in a leased Porsche paid for by his wife. Also I don’t understand why they never go to Spain in the summer, if he does come from an ‘established’ family like he claims, why don’t they ever take her kids to his family’s place on the coast or the islands?

Reactions: 11

hattie27

I noticed CS had a fag on the go when she was sitting separately from the group last night on RHOD. I don’t mind Chanel, she seems really sweet but the whole show is totally scripted. And next weeks final shows the egg retrieval. All for tv.

Meanwhile they are in Bali, I can’t think of how long it’s been since she’s seen her kids. As a 47 year old with two boys, I cannot relate to her life one bit. Nor would I want her life.

mdaadm

I just finished the last half of the episode. Wow the editing is really different in this, kind of weird, can’t decide if I like it? But holy crap have they made Caroline look bad. Some of the other ladies are so well lit that they look immaculate and perfect, and then CS gets this harsh yellow light and weird angles that make her face and chin look a little doughy (which they’re not). Oh and ugh, her lips are not looking good 😬 Dear lord… the white dress at the hen party, was she attacked by a roll of toilet paper? The hen do was so cringey. She really sticks out like a sore thumb from this cast. I love the Nina/Sara scene and hearing them speak Arabic. Maybe they should have made this more of a shahs of sunset/family karma type of show…. It sure does look like one big advert for Dubai though!

Meyvie

779F188E-82D3-41C9-AEDC-0BC8F94F79B6.jpeg

I am a 28-year-old woman with no kids yet and even I can’t believe she let her daughter go out looking like that! Especially to go meet her Grandfather! 🫤🙄

• Wow

hattie27

I listened to the Toyboy podcast on the way to work this morning. NO ONE CARES YOU MARRIED SOMEONE 18 YEARS YOUNGER. If the two of you stopped banging on about it you would realise we are all fine.

I’m 47 and have been married 15 years. The sweeping generalisations of ‘crusty 47 year olds’ is frankly offensive. She just assumes everyone is miserable in their marriage. I’d rather cut off my arm than be married to an oversized toddler.

myfootispink

07482512-871D-4C79-9443-DA7109B8ADB3.jpeg
Took this photo from their ‘new beginnings’ video. She seems super happy, relaxed and natural. Normal really!
We all age (me included), but she looked better here than now.

Reactions: 10