Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Artheusa

Influencers complaining now that the retro photography platform they've helped turned into an ad monster is messing up with their own accounts

violin-tiny.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

NaFeTe

Screenshot_20220901-011159_Chrome.jpg

How the actual fuck can being on a horse allow you to check a fb page yet not allow you to do a Google search, or the email, or the insta or the blog etc? This is from the fair pricing freaks page. I've had a scroll through the freaks page as I can't sleep and has anyone else noticed the increase in people diagnosed with cancer this evening, the same evening that the kits been released? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
I wish she'd stop saying "anyone Latina or darker" about skintones ref: mineral spf. Latina/o isn't a race, it's a geographical and cultural locator. I'm Latina and black, but there are lots and lots of Latinas who are white. She should just say medium skintones and darker rather than categorising by race. Skin colour isn't as cut and dried as she makes it out to be.

Also lol at saying her husband gets mistaken all the time for Johnny Depp, Huey from the Fun Lovin' Criminals and Gary Oldman. Just loling. Her husband looks a bit like if someone tried to mould the face of a Beckham from memory in a currant bun in a village creative baking contest, bless him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Bertha

Pandemonium is about to start. She's done a live and announced kits will be on sale tomorrow but hasn't revealed the contents yet...

Look at this comment on her live

20220830_181547.jpg

Here we go!

#unpaidcarer #iworkwithautisticchildren #iworkforthenhs #ihaveanhsdeskjobbutitstillcounts #ivegot36grandkids #allmymoneygoesonmykids #fuckthesehashtagsjustgivemeafreekit!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Whatisgoingoninworld

I think I might be rude but if I truly had cancer I would just buy the damn bag if that’s what I really wanted. What does having cancer have to do with getting free shit? I’m just feeling cynical. But I truly try to put myself in these situations and never would I give my diagnosis to get free stuff.

but I’m on a camel so I can’t even see what I’m typing right now. Sooo….Can someone tell me what I said?

• Haha
Reactions: 40

mindlessness

VIP Member
Of course she's on the bandwagon with all the other influencers who have been less sucessful with their engagement numbers in recent months as IG continues to change up the algorithm. Colour me cynical but it isn't out of some altruistic desire for community and to see IG back to the old photo sharing place it once was. It's because they're all afraid of losing the platform and success they've had now the algorithm deems their content less exciting/sharable.

I miss the old old IG before influencers used it to make a shit-tonne of money doing very little.

• Haha
  • Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
View attachment 1544493

How the actual fuck can being on a horse allow you to check a fb page yet not allow you to do a Google search, or the email, or the insta or the blog etc? This is from the fair pricing freaks page. I've had a scroll through the freaks page as I can't sleep and has anyone else noticed the increase in people diagnosed with cancer this evening, the same evening that the kits been released? 🤔
Hahaha, this might be my favourite freak post of the year.

Actually, I'm in the middle of a skydive rn, could someone in Hirons HQ put a kit aside for me? I don't want to miss out and if I try and do it now I might not have time to deploy my parachute xxx
P.s. Re-applied my SPF after jumping 🥰

ETA OMG love you guys so much! Selfie is filter-free but I am flying through the air rn so jowls probably getting a lift from the windspeed lol. I'll review my SPF empties as soon as I've landed xx (I've got a lot of experience of high-altitude jumps so know how important it is when you are THAT close to the sun itself 🥰 😘).

• Haha
  • Heart

DoctorFlocci

All this sun damage / SPF-flogging is a relatively recent departure for Nellie B.

When I went to see her (I’ve tried to link comment below but it was under her #21 thread), she was exactly the opposite.

I have dual UK / Australian nationality. As you might expect (for pale, Northern Europeans who grew up under the harsh Aussie sun) everyone on the Australian side of family has had at leastskirmish with skin cancer. My Aunt (who emigrated to the UK in her early 20s & remained here ever since) had malignant melanoma. My Mum (ditto re: emigration to UK) has had 17 basal cell carcinomas excised to date.

I actually don’t much like sitting in the sun / trying to get a tan. So much so that applying SPF cream daily has been normal for me for years, I choose long sleeved tops/shirts etc

When I saw CH she berated me for this approach & said that many of my skin problems would settle if I just “got some sun”; my skin concerns at the time included redness, hyperpigmentation & really quite severe keratosis pilaris rubra all down my limbs - as I’m sure you all know, none of the above would be improved by sun exposure.

Mind you, she also asserted that “full fat coke” would cure my (long-standing) abdo pain (due to a congenital malformation of my intestines).

I was amazed that she thought she knew more than a consultant dermatologist + consultant gastroenterologist + state-registered dietitian. But that won’t surprise anyone here!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

NaFeTe

I've just finished watching the rant because I wanted to know what this was all about. I do agree with lots of what she said. No one expects her to work for free, obviously things have a cost, there are bills to pay and lots of work goes into everything. She clearly works a lot, you can see from her eyes always looking exhausted. I was a follower of hers since the early days around 2012/13 when I trusted her opinions, and way before she changed and I think that change came from her believing her hype. I Like many commenters here have shared how she had ruined our skin, we have to take responsibility for choosing to follow her advice which I do. But, and a big but is that she gave that advice and sweeping statements that this will solve all your problems "apart from only very sensitive skins", which seemed to be her one and only statement of caution.

We now know that her opinion is just one opinion across millions of other estheticians, and clearly not the correct advice for many. But she chose to tell people how honest and trustworthy she is and bullied and belittled many brands and people in the industry to cement her place, which good for her has turned her into a millionaire. People are wise to this now and she can't deal with any criticism or calling her out. I remember around 2014 when it was mostly if not just the blog and people would comment on the posts and have interactions with her, she said many times she hates dermalogica and does not recommend their products since Paula left the company. However, now she's getting paid by them she recommends them. It's one of the many thing's she's getting called out for and I can't sympathise with her for that.

She is no longer honest and believable here to help people but is a brash, money hungry opportunist. She has got too big for her boots, plain and simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

barryjones

VIP Member
Fucking hell do these people seriously need this explaining to them? That is FAR too many products??!

Just wash your damn face, moisturise and spf. Maybe a retinol if it benefits you. This excess to the max approach is baffling to me.

They worship Hirons and do whatever she says but she has botox and medical grade facials. No skincare has made my face look as good as Botox.
Imagine spending £1000s on lotions to rub on your face just cos that idiot tells you to.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Her attitude of 'never switch off!' belongs in a different era. I love how she thinks she's some kind of maverick when really she's just another capitalist slave and beauty industry pawn. Hirons, you sell overpriced products and tacky cheap plastic bags purchased in bulk from Alibaba. Get over yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 32

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Why has she put these emojis for this post??
Because it’s Nadine Dorries and Hirons is Labour through and through don’t you know. A woman of the people. A modern day Arthur Scargill for the beauty industry. Working class til she dies (in her mansion).

• Haha
Reactions: 32

penpitstop

Omg I was cringing when she implied she had insider knowledge and if she spoke anymore she'd 'get sued'. 'I am no stranger to his lawyer' - wtaf does that mean? Who does she really think she is?

Some sad bastard going through a horrible divorce asked her how she was so confident and strong - 'I think I just got lucky in the gene pool'.

Lucky. FML.
Long term lurker here. Just to say Johnny Depps lawyer (from the original UK case) is married to Dr Barbara Sturm….

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31