Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FINIFUS

VIP Member
Hi all. I'm a member of the Freaks group and will probably stay as there are several others I enjoy chatting with. I've become increasingly disenchanted with Mrs Hirons over the last couple of years. Used to love the Empties posts, product reviews etc but now she's only about selling. I HATE the way she dissed Trinny (who I love - mad as a box of frogs, minted but no pretence otherwise). I did buy a couple of Kits but will never buy another. The weird hero-worship ("Queen" "Our lady Hirons") of someone whose main concern is to part them from their money seriously makes me feel ill. So - have ordered Trinny's cleansers and you can be sure I'll be posting reviews on the Freaks group asap. Thanks for having me x

Just got me Trinny balm cleanser delivered - haven't used it on my face yet. Packaging is lovely, feels luxe, it's a lovely thick clear balm, and smells exactly like that gorgeous herbal conditioner by Wella that I used to use years ago.

Not a hint of fucking roast chicken - seriously, Hirons is a nasty piece of work.
Can't wait for mine to arrive and glad to hear u like it

• Heart
Reactions: 53

mindlessness

VIP Member
New to this one can someone give me a quick potted history? She's a strange one isn't she quite rude and abrupt . Has a strangely swollen face too without filters had she a face full of fillers ?
Have been pondering how to give this succinctly! and uh...I am sorry, this is not succinct. 😂

So basically Caroline worked on beauty counters, and had some basic qualifications in beauty therapy. She started a blog called Beauty Mouth back in like 2013/2014, and a few years in got some great exposure c/o a video with Sam and Nic Chapman (Pixiwoo). She was also someone The Anna Edit and Lily Pebbles linked to for skincare tips. She also became friends with Ruth Crilly, and ended up buying Ruth's country pile near Bath during the Pandemic! In the early days she was frank and no bullshit and not afraid to criticise brands (ie. she didn't like Dermalogica, but that's changed now they've paid her!). A bit of her advice was questionable (she used to not think people needed spf!) but she also did some really helpful cheatsheets, which are still on her website. Her book is basically all on her blog for free.

As her fame increased and she gained more followers she developed rather too much confidence in her expertise. She did a few kits with Cult Beauty which were super popular before branching out to do them on her own. That started off badly as they had a really poorly supported back-end on their website! She hired family members to work for her. Now she has her skincare kits, the Skin Rocks skincare kits, her book (plus a new edition a year later because apparently she needed to make updates?) and an imminent skincare like. She's made so much money out of the kits but its been pretty poorly managed - item sizes mislabeled, almost expired products being sent out, website crashes etc.

What put me off (and I think lots of others here) was her attitude and rudeness, and her willingness to flip-flop about brands/products/ingredients if she's getting paid/benefits financially. She's also developed a slightly creepy cult of personality, and her 'Beauty Freaks' facebook is full of just the most baffling shit. Lots of posts with sob stories hoping for someone to offer to sent product, people asking for medical advice, oversharing about their lives etc. What was ostensibly just to discuss skincare and makeup is now just a bit of a cluster-f*ck imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

hanlosc

She's back again!
04B4C1EC-C21C-4ADF-963E-715FBC20A26A.jpeg

Oh and she's already blocked me after I commented
C1D4E2BA-DFCB-4F7C-B0B2-9B4C1979D822.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
You know what the mist packaging reminds me of? A task from The Apprentice. You know, when they give the contestants about half an hour to design packaging for a new product.

It's so amateur. I can't get over it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hey freaks! I'm delighted with my skincare regimen and I feel 25 again. I even got IDed while buying wine, can you believe it? Thanks Caroline! I've attached a selfie, I look pretty good for a 40 year old NHS worker who stayed up crying last night because my husband isn't good at surprises and because I'm only going on a spa trip!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
The Trinny cleanser is lovely. Did the job, didn't make my face feel like it had been shrunk in the wash, and passed the white towel test.

Get it up you L Ron.

You know what guys, her diss of Trinny has been loud, resounding and entire. She does an evening routine, pretending to objectively review the cleansers (whilst banging on about TW being a 'mate') and picks holes in both cleansers, from the smell to the names of them. In the wording next to the post, there are few positives. The very next night she picks up two cleansers she knows nothing about (can't pronounce one of them) uses them, then praises them both highly.

They both have a post on her blog this morning. Two fingers up to Trinny eh?

She's fucking horrendous and I have no idea why I ever thought otherwise. Unprofessional, a bitter and resentful egotistical wank.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
Because L Ron has made them think they need her, that they can’t do it by themselves, that great skin exists only if they follow her teachings.
Striving for ♡Perfect Skin♡ really is such a thankless task. I saw a dermatologist years ago for severe acne and they said something that I appreciated even if, at first, it made me feel a bit down: that my skin would get better but may not be perfect or great or even "good". She said that the world is a diverse place, and skin is also diverse: not just colour or undertone but also texture, scar capability, roughness, oiliness, etc. It cannot be changed and trying to change it will always end in disappointment. It's not a simple case of everyone having great skin that sometimes plays up, but more that skin has a wide spectrum of health and can be good even if it doesn't look good.

The recent obsession with skincare is feeding into the myth of you could have great skin if only you did A+B×C, but the reality is that there's a huge group of people who even with all the products and lasers and ointments and medicines in the world will still have skin that society would deem imperfect or bad. I was grateful for hearing that because it did stop me from chasing every single "cure" that the industry puts out each year. I have a routine and I use the items because I like them or want to try something, not because I'm expecting miracles. So much less anxiety and stress this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

WolfIrish

Hello all,

I must confess, I was a pretty devoted freak for few months there.
Found these threads and thank god, it was the intervention I needed.
Fell completely into the kit buying frenzy and ended up with two. I've been shifting stuff on the selling pages ever since - as are so many :rolleyes:
Blue racoon gave me cystic spots. I will not forgive and I will not forget.

And, good god am I getting sick of the same questions over and over on the page. Put a bleedin' FAQ up already!
Puffy eyes from crying for DAYS? Cold compress and a qualified therapist. Log off.

• Haha
  • Heart

paul_skincare

Long time lurker here. I've been going off Caroline for a while but this has sealed the deal for me. Go back and watch her old YouTube videos and you'll see she is a completely different person.

She's really pissed me off with her video of the Trinny cleansers. Wow it's so blatantly obvious she's jealous. They're supposed to be friends and she seems very threatened and unsupportive by this launch. This is all coming from a woman who says she doesn't want to pit women against each other, or slag off other women, yet she's happy enough to post a not-so flattering video of her so-called friends cleansers?! And how can we forget that time she wrote a scathing blog post and got a load of derms to pile up on Gwyneth Paltrow because of her PERSONAL use of SPF?

She's just nasty. She can't be happy for anyones success. She's bitter, jealous and has a "do as I say not as I do" persona.

Maybe if Trinny paid Caroline a sum of money the reviews would have been glowing because, be honest, thats all Caroline cares about these days is money.

Did anyone else notice she posted an instagram post mentioning NPD (New Product Development) the day before that Trinny's cleansers launched? It was just a way to try build hype for her own products and try overshadow Trinny's launch. Hoping the freaks will say 'I'll hold off buying and wait for Caroline's launch'. Didn't work though - she only got 46 comments on her post (none of which have been responded to) whereas Trinny's launch post has 1023 - all of which look to have been responded to either by her or her brand.

The sad thing is when Caroline launches her range, I bet Trinny will be complimentary of her products and feature them in her lives. That's just the kind of person Trinny is.

I really hope that people are starting to see the kind of person Caroline is, because she's starting to stink.

I've bought the cleansers - I want to try them out and I like Trinny as a person and her videos. I feel I learn something from her skincare videos, whereas Caroline these days I just feel its all about her, calling out her 'mates' (Kate, Jordan, Josh), slagging off the brands who have pissed her off etc, or shilling a new kit/box. There's barely any mention these days of new products, brand overviews etc. Her mate Kate released new products and they havent even been mentioned by Caroline, nor featured on her blog.

Sorry I'm ranting, i'll stop now!

• Heart

DOODLELADY

Chatty Member
Watching Dear Leader on This Morning, I notice she has a wedding finger packed with brand new diamond rings. For most of the years she's been on the 'social', she's worn only a gold band.

Clearly, all that shilling is paying off handsomely!
I love Twitter when Gangsta Granny has been on This Morning. Some of my favourites today

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 36